danchykkk

Curency requires when traveling from Morocco to USA

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Finally my husbands visa was issued today!!! Can someone tell me please, who have experience How much money (cash) can my husband carry on him when traveling from Morocco. I know he can bring to US up to $10,000 in cash without declaring, but I don't know how much he is allowed to have when leaving Morocco. If can be some way to send money??? Will be very appreciated!!!Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, danchykkk said:

Finally my husbands visa was issued today!!! Can someone tell me please, who have experience How much money (cash) can my husband carry on him when traveling from Morocco. I know he can bring to US up to $10,000 in cash without declaring, but I don't know how much he is allowed to have when leaving Morocco. If can be some way to send money??? Will be very appreciated!!!Thank you!

I am certain they have banks in Morocco

YMMV

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Not sure about the amount, but I do know that they take a huge (tax) amount from money when it's transfered outside of Morocco.

Let your husband ask this at one of the banks, cause you might find yourself in a very unpleasant situation.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Or somebody like www.xe.com

Lots of options.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, danchykkk said:

Western union. When I go to Barbados, I send my money ahead, so I’m not carrying so much 

Timeline

Western Union is very expensive, maybe convenient.

Better deals can be had especially when dealing with large amounts.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, danchykkk said:

yes thank you, just i want to know also how much cash he can cary

Any amount to enter the US, declared to Customs if over 10,000 usd

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, -Trinity- said:

Not sure about the amount, but I do know that they take a huge (tax) amount from money when it's transfered outside of Morocco.

Let your husband ask this at one of the banks, cause you might find yourself in a very unpleasant situation.

So maybe you know some another way?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, Boiler said:

Western Union is very expensive, maybe convenient.

Better deals can be had especially when dealing with large amounts.

and can not send western union out of Morocco

and Morocco lets someone only take 1000 dh ($100) from the country so she needs other ways to get money transfered

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

and can not send western union out of Morocco

and Morocco lets someone only take 1000 dh ($100) from the country so she needs other ways to get money transfered

So presumably he has a substantial sum in foreign currency he is bringing, no doubt there is a sizable black market.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

From my non-expert personal experience, you can only take a maximum of 40,000 Dirhams out of Morocco per year (4 million Moroccan cents), which is an equivalent to roughly 4000 dollars (depending on the exchange rate of course). I got this info from a currency change office in Morocco. I think you could take more but you'd need a special permission from l'Office des Changes.

And no, there is no way you can send money out of Morocco (at least not through an agency like Western Union) unless you can prove family ties (to the recipient), studies or medical treatment needs abroad. You'd also need a special permission from l'Office des Changes to do this.

~~~

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SaRy said:

From my non-expert personal experience, you can only take a maximum of 40,000 Dirhams out of Morocco per year (4 million Moroccan cents), which is an equivalent to roughly 4000 dollars (depending on the exchange rate of course). I got this info from a currency change office in Morocco. I think you could take more but you'd need a special permission from l'Office des Changes.

And no, there is no way you can send money out of Morocco (at least not through an agency like Western Union) unless you can prove family ties (to the recipient), studies or medical treatment needs abroad. You'd also need a special permission from l'Office des Changes to do this.

So what is the work around?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.