M&JB

Pharmacy Technician Exam & Job. Advice and is it worth it?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, everyone.

I recently received my EAD and will be looking for jobs soon. I am from the Philippines and have a Nursing degree from PH but not registered there or here. I have read about the process of me being a nurse here in the US but it is a long process and expenses. I am thinking of studying to take the Pharmacy Tech exam, I already read that I can do it as long as I got my College Diploma. Does anybody here is a CPhT? Did anyone just recently take the exam? Is anyone currently working as PhT? Can you tell me ideas about the exam, personal experiences on the job, how’s the pay, is it a good job, is it worth the time and effort on taking the exam? I would appreciate any opinions, suggestions, etc. TiA!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You won't want to follow through on a your nursing degree?

I know so many nurses for the Philippines and nurses have such flexible scheduling, many job opportunities and good pay. Are you sure that it wouldn't be worth the time and money in the long run to complete the process of getting your nurses license in the US?  

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

If you are licensed in phillipines then you should take a review course here in US and apply to get your RN license. The review course is important to prepare you for american boards. Also if you dont pass the exam the first time around, Unfortunately you will have to retake the whole nursing program. Good luck.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, Ehri&Mark said:

Hi, everyone.

I recently received my EAD and will be looking for jobs soon. I am from the Philippines and have a Nursing degree from PH but not registered there or here. I have read about the process of me being a nurse here in the US but it is a long process and expenses. I am thinking of studying to take the Pharmacy Tech exam, I already read that I can do it as long as I got my College Diploma. Does anybody here is a CPhT? Did anyone just recently take the exam? Is anyone currently working as PhT? Can you tell me ideas about the exam, personal experiences on the job, how’s the pay, is it a good job, is it worth the time and effort on taking the exam? I would appreciate any opinions, suggestions, etc. TiA!

I know a friend who is a Pharmacy Tech but later on moved on to being an insurance agent as the pay was a little bit more than minimum wage but not really livable wage. It might be a tedious process to become a RN here but it will definitely be worth the try. Start as a nursing care partner while waiting to be ready for the NCLEX. It's not gonna be easy but it will be monetarily rewarding in the long run.

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.