Smile_goongyi

Medical and interview for K1 visa

105 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Smile_goongyi said:

@hank,  can you please tell me if I'm right.  I have my mnl#,  copy of nvc letter sent by my fiancé, I just need to print the receipt then go to bring,  then wait until 12 to 24 hrs to schedule online. My questions is, do I really need to fill-out the DS-160 to have an interview date though my fiancé didn't know when will his documents will be sent here in Philippines?  is that okay I will only conduct first the medical without filling out the DS-160 or it is really required to fill-out it so that I can have my medical? (cause I'm thinking to just do the medical first then later is to choose my interview date) this makes me confuse.  Sorry, I really need your help. Thank you so much.

For paying the visa fee you need your passport and the receipt that you printed out,  take this to a larger BPI branch paying the visa fee in pesos.    Then yes, wait for 12-24 hours to schedule your interview (weekends, holidays don't count).

St. Luke's will ask for a copy of your interview confirmation.  (do read the requirements on the St. Luke's website)   (link to SLEC within this link) http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

You will need the DS-160 completed for the medical, St. Luke's requires a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page at the 2nd day of the medical.   

Have your fiance email you a copy of the I-129F or if you completed the G-325a when filing the petition have him email a copy of HIS G-325a.   (The new I-129F incorporated the G-325a)

As for financial support evidence he can email the majority of it, only the I-134 requires an original signature.  

If you want to delay scheduling the interview, why not just be patient before starting any of the process ...   (just a thought)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Huh? :wacko:     What has online registration at ST. LUKE's have to do with the embassy and the interview?      Read slower.   You are confusing TWO separate events       May I ask- How far are you in this visa process?  Your timeline is blank.

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Thank you @hank and @payxibka :)

I understand now regarding medical :),  in your timeline @hank there's an online registration for the medical that I need to fill-out. Then that's the time I need to pay for the medical fee in St. Lukes hospital because what I'm thinking before that I also need to pay in bpi for the medical fee. [so it's a separate way :)]

My question is once I'm done the medical,  I can fill-out the ds160 or once I pay in bpi I already needed to finished the DS-160?

Thank you again. :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Thank you @hank and @payxibka :)

I understand now regarding medical :),  in your timeline @hank there's an online registration for the medical that I need to fill-out. Then that's the time I need to pay for the medical fee in St. Lukes hospital because what I'm thinking before that I also need to pay in bpi for the medical fee. [so it's a separate way :)]

My question is once I'm done the medical,  I can fill-out the ds160 or once I pay in bpi I already needed to finished the DS-160?

Thank you again. :)

The online registration for St. Luke's is solely to speed up the check-in process the 1st day of the medical.  You will pay the medical fee during check-in the first morning.

The payment at BPI is for the VISA.   so yes it is separate ;)  

The DS-160 needs to be completed before the medical .. St Luke's will ask for a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page on the 2nd morning of the medical (and if you are one of the rare ones to complete the medical in one day.. they will want the copy of DS-160 confirmation page the 1st day)

Print out enough copies of the DS-160 confirmation page (this is at the end of completing the online form) as the embassy wants a copy on interview day.)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

For paying the visa fee you need your passport and the receipt that you printed out,  take this to a larger BPI branch paying the visa fee in pesos.    Then yes, wait for 12-24 hours to schedule your interview (weekends, holidays don't count).

St. Luke's will ask for a copy of your interview confirmation.  (do read the requirements on the St. Luke's website)   (link to SLEC within this link) http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

You will need the DS-160 completed for the medical, St. Luke's requires a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page at the 2nd day of the medical.   

Have your fiance email you a copy of the I-129F or if you completed the G-325a when filing the petition have him email a copy of HIS G-325a.   (The new I-129F incorporated the G-325a)

As for financial support evidence he can email the majority of it, only the I-134 requires an original signature.  

If you want to delay scheduling the interview, why not just be patient before starting any of the process ...   (just a thought)

No my fiancé did not email me a copy of I-129F yet because he still waiting for the bank letter and his certificate of employment because his boss didn't put that he is full time employee there (those are the things he need then good to send it to me). 

Did my fiancé need to fill-out a new I-129F Form and g325a Form with most recent date near at my interview scheduled @hank?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

The online registration for St. Luke's is solely to speed up the check-in process the 1st day of the medical.  You will pay the medical fee during check-in the first morning.

The payment at BPI is for the VISA.   so yes it is separate ;)  

The DS-160 needs to be completed before the medical .. St Luke's will ask for a copy of the DS-160 confirmation page on the 2nd morning of the medical (and if you are one of the rare one to complete the medical in one day.. they will want the copy of DS-160 confirmation page the 1st day)

Print out enough copies of the DS-160 confirmation page (this is at the end of completing the online form) as the embassy wants a copy on interview day.)

Thank you so much :) for your big help at least now I'm knowledgeable of what to do :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Smile_goongyi said:

No my fiancé did not email me a copy of I-129F yet because he still waiting for the bank letter and his certificate of employment because his boss didn't put that he is full time employee there (those are the things he need then good to send it to me). 

Did my fiancé need to fill-out a new I-129F Form and g325a Form with most recent date near at my interview scheduled @hank?

Don't need a bank letter or bank statements.    Don't need an employment letter, UNLESS your fiancee is a new employee.

The support requirements are the I-134 signed, copies of the most recent tax return and W-2 (2016 still at this time).     

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

" EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form may be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You may also be asked to submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). This is not asked for, except in the rarest (as in rare as hen's teeth ;) ) of occasions ->>>> Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis.  "

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

The i-129F is the petition form that your fiance filed with USCIS to get "approval" for you to apply for a visa .. that was the NOA2 you were waiting for all those months.     

I only mentioned the G-325a as this is sort of a transition time between the old I-129F that required the G-325a to accompany it and the new I-129F that doesn't.     If YOU did not complete a G-325a at the start of the petition process then you must of been using the new I-129F .. and the personal information about your fiance will be helpful for answering questions during this process ... that is the only reason I suggested he send you a copy.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

The i-129F is the petition form that your fiance filed with USCIS to get "approval" for you to apply for a visa .. that was the NOA2 you were waiting for all those months.     

I only mentioned the G-325a as this is sort of a transition time between the old I-129F that required the G-325a to accompany it and the new I-129F that doesn't.     If YOU did not complete a G-325a at the start of the petition process then you must of been using the new I-129F .. and the personal information about your fiance will be helpful for answering questions during this process ... that is the only reason I suggested he send you a copy.

Thank you so much @hank for all help, but I may be able to still ask question once I'm done the medical ☺

May God bless you more and your couple ☺

Timeline
23 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Don't need a bank letter or bank statements.    Don't need an employment letter, UNLESS your fiancee is a new employee.

The support requirements are the I-134 signed, copies of the most recent tax return and W-2 (2016 still at this time).     

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

" EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form may be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You may also be asked to submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). This is not asked for, except in the rarest (as in rare as hen's teeth ;) ) of occasions ->>>> Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis.  "

@hank I'm getting my cenomar online by the way may I know what will I click oon the purpose I'm confuse which one [marriage, passport/travel or us embassy re-verification], is it us embassy re-verification?

Thanks thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Smile_goongyi said:

@hank I'm getting my cenomar online by the way may I know what will I click oon the purpose I'm confuse which one [marriage, passport/travel or us embassy re-verification], is it us embassy re-verification?

Thanks thanks

passport/travel.      :thumbs:  

Normally with embassy re-verification PSA sends the CENOMAR directly to the embassy .. ya don't want that.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
11 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Normally with embassy re-verification PSA sends the CENOMAR directly to the embassy .. ya don't want that.

Thank you so much @hank_ I really thought it would be re-verification hehehe

Timeline
On 1/10/2018 at 5:54 AM, Hank_ said:

@Hank I have lots of questions still 

1) I worked in taiwan, then went home January 25, 2016,  that time I already get a police clearance in taiwan. Right now it's 2017 and I'm thinking it might be expired already but I'm no longer go in taiwan for work I'm here in the Philippines now, do I still need to get a valid police clearance came from Taiwan?

2) can you please give me some tips what are the do's and don't in answering the interview.  For example in question like this " what are you going to do when you go in USA",  I will say to have my own family together with my fiancé then do I still need to say this " then once I got approved in all paperwork like working visa I will work probably in bank so I can help my fiancé for our daily needs" is that okay to say that?

3) what is the validity of k1 visa,  is it in noa2 it say there the validity until 11/01/2017 To 2/28/2018 only,  cause my fiancé says his documents probably will send here around February,  I'm thinking our documents might get expired already then we will begin again from the start :(

4) I just pay our visa the other day but until now I haven't do the online ds160, is that okay? since I have work here that I'm thinking I will do that this Saturday then do my medical on Monday.  

Edited by Smile_goongyi
Delete attachment

Timeline
On 1/10/2018 at 5:54 AM, Hank_ said:

1) I worked in taiwan, then went home January 25, 2016,  that time I already get a police clearance in taiwan. Right now it's 2017 and I'm thinking it might be expired already but I'm no longer go in taiwan for work I'm here in the Philippines now, do I still need to get a valid police clearance came from Taiwan?

2) can you please give me some tips what are the do's and don't in answering the interview.  For example in question like this " what are you going to do when you go in USA",  I will say to have my own family together with my fiancé then do I still need to say this " then once I got approved in all paperwork like working visa I will work probably in bank so I can help my fiancé for our daily needs" is that okay to say that?

3) what is the validity of k1 visa,  is it in noa2 it say there the validity until 11/01/2017 To 2/28/2018 only,  cause my fiancé says his documents probably will send here around February,  I'm thinking our documents might get expired already then we will begin again from the start :(

4) I just pay our visa the other day but until now I haven't do the online ds160, is that okay? since I have work here that I'm thinking I will do that this Saturday then do my medical on Monday.  

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

3) what is the validity of k1 visa,  is it in noa2 it say there the validity until 11/01/2017 To 2/28/2018 only,  cause my fiancé says his documents probably will send here around February,  I'm thinking our documents might get expired already then we will begin again from the start :(

1) Have you been back to Taiwan since?  No?  Then the police report your possess should be adequate, there is not a "freshness date" specified by the embassy, they request a police report covering the time you were in the foreign country.

From the embassy instructions letter.

"   OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more after reaching age 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames used while in the country in question, including different spellings you have used of those names. Countryspecific information on how to secure police certificates is available on the State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. "

2)  DO's -  Smile, look the Consulate Officer in the eyes when you speak, then answer all questions TRUTHFULLY.   The interview typically lasts 3-5 minutes.   This is why I suggested your fiance send a copy of his BIOLOGICAL information which is in the new I-129F... so you have knowledgeable answers.  When answering questions do not volunteer more information than what was asked for in the question.       DON'T  -   don't lie.   

3)  USEM automatically extended the validity of the NOA2 for up to 1 year.   You have up to a year to complete things.  ;)  

4)  I know the Dept of State website states the DS-160 should be completed before scheduling your appointment.  But to this date no one has reported back that they could not schedule there appointment because they hadn't completed the DS-160.   With  that said, you need the DS-160 completed before heading to St. Luke's for the medical.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

1) Have you been back to Taiwan since?  No?  Then the police report your possess should be adequate, there is not a "freshness date" specified by the embassy, they request a police report covering the time you were in the foreign country.

From the embassy instructions letter.

"   OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more after reaching age 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames used while in the country in question, including different spellings you have used of those names. Countryspecific information on how to secure police certificates is available on the State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. "

2)  DO's -  Smile, look the Consulate Officer in the eyes when you speak, then answer all questions TRUTHFULLY.   The interview typically lasts 3-5 minutes.   This is why I suggested your fiance send a copy of his BIOLOGICAL information which is in the new I-129F... so you have knowledgeable answers.  When answering questions do not volunteer more information than what was asked for in the question.       DON'T  -   don't lie.   

3)  USEM automatically extended the validity of the NOA2 for up to 1 year.   You have up to a year to complete things.  ;)  

4)  I know the Dept of State website states the DS-160 should be completed before scheduling your appointment.  But to this date no one has reported back that they could not schedule there appointment because they hadn't completed the DS-160.   With  that said, you need the DS-160 completed before heading to St. Luke's for the medical.

Thank you so much @Hank_.  No I'm no longer in taiwan for a year. :)

By the way there's a question in DS 160 just answer yes or no regarding the vaccination, do I need to ticked yes even I haven't done the medical? 

Edited by Smile_goongyi
Added sentence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.