Annlee21

Question on NOA1

16 posts in this topic

I received an email. It says my case was directed to California. It says (Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice with your Receipt Number)

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case.  This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

So this is or isnt my NOA1?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

I received an email. It says my case was directed to California. It says (Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice with your Receipt Number)

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case.  This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

Its the email...  Your NOA1 will be the OFFICIAL RECEIPT NOTICE that will come in the standard mail

YMMV

3 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

I think not. The NOA is going to be the letter you will receive.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Annlee21 said:

So this mean my case was transferred?

So this mean my case was transferred?

Your case was assigned to California Service Center as is the case with all petitions because the Texas address does not process anything

YMMV

It all means you are good.  The mail (and possibly email/text) has a WAC1890XXXXXX number.  That is your tracking number for the next 6 to 8 months.  That is your NOA1.  The Notice of Action simply states that they have received your petition.  Virtually all K-1s are processed at the California Service Center.  Everything is perfect and as it should be.

Congratulations.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there, 

Congrats! Mysef and my fiancé sent our petition on 22nd Dec and still waiting for our NOA1 so hopefully won't be much longer. Good luck and hopefully you'll hear back soon too. We didn't select the text or email option so just relying on paper copy in post, J. 

Edited by jakejon

41 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hi there, 

Congrats! Mysef and my fiancé sent our petition on 22nd Dec and still waiting for our NOA1 so hopefully won't be much longer. Good luck and hopefully you'll hear back soon too. We didn't select the text or email option so just relying on paper copy in post, J. 

maybe you´ll get the same email.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm not sure! I know they have cashed our check. Don't think we'll get an email as we didn't select that option on our application. I'll let you know if we hear anything. Good luck 

Edited by jakejon

3 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I'm not sure! I know they have cashed out check. Don't think we'll get an email as we didn't select that option on our application. I'll let you know if we hear anything. Good luck 

maybe thats why you didnt get the email. i think we should join the january fillers lol 

good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
14 hours ago, jakejon said:

I'm not sure! I know they have cashed our check. Don't think we'll get an email as we didn't select that option on our application. I'll let you know if we hear anything. Good luck 

If you didn't fill out/submit the form for electronic notification (email/text), then you won't receive an email notification; you will just receive the letter in the mail.

But good news is, if they cashed your check that means they've at least received it! :) Keep an eye out in your mailbox. ;) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.