Chazzleo

Police clearance Fiji

7 posts in this topic

Hi I have an interview in 6 weeks, was born in Fiji and left after the age of 16 so believe I need to get a Fiji police clearance.

im finding it difficult to find exact instructions on what I need to do to obtain one when I live in Sydney.

I emailed the consulate in Sydney asking for a form fd-258 which I believe I need to send off with a cover letter and fees but all I got back was a link to the same vague instructions (appear dated) that I have seen before . I contacted the Fiji police force and was asked to call a specific person, calls remain unanswered by said person.

Any help/info regarding the aforementioned would be much appreciated.

The official guidance explains in quite some detail. This is a link in the civil documents section of the pages your DV selection letter linked to - scroll to the police records section. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Fiji.html

If you missed this, I’d suggest double checking the pages on your link to ensure you haven’t inadvertently left something else out that you may need for interview. 

doing a google search brings up an FBI fingerprint form called FD258, i presume that's what you need. PDFs easily available online.

Sydney has probably dealt with many Fiji applicants before and as I understand is one of the more helpful consulates, you could always call and ask for clarification. (I assume when you said above you emailed the consulate in Sydney you meant the Fiji rather than US one?)

Thanks Susie.

i have been calling the US consulate in Sydney. I revoked my Fijian citizenship when I obtained my Australian citizenship so don’t think I am eligible for assistance from the Fiji embassy in Sydney.

the calls appear to be answered by agents out of the Phillipines who are helpful but cannot answer some of my specific questions (they’ve asked me to email the consulate directly). The consulate in Sydney emailed me the link you provided in response. Whilst the information is specific it differs slightly to what i have found via google search results (Fiji police force website etc)

I managed to find a Fiji police clearance form and what I think is the fee which needs to be paid in bank draft or cash. Applicants who live in Fiji appear to get a standard letter from the us embassy there. I will write up a cover letter, complete police clearance form, get fingerprints done on FD-258 at my local police station in Sydney, get local JP to certify copy of my birth certificate and send everything off with a family member (with cash) who leaves on the 14th and is happy to drop off everything in person.

hoping that’s enough.

thanks again 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.