maylaw

Dakar/Senegal K1 visa interview

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, Maria1989 said:

Start on the first page of this thread I listed all the steps after USCIS approval up to thenActual

Interview.

Question online it states in order to create an account you would have to have received a letter from NVC stating you can schedule an appointment so this is not true? also its states to bring the letter you received from the NVC to the appointment.

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 4/4/2018 at 10:59 AM, AntoinetteB said:

Question online it states in order to create an account you would have to have received a letter from NVC stating you can schedule an appointment so this is not true? also its states to bring the letter you received from the NVC to the appointment.

Once you have the NVC case number you can register and schedule after you pay. Are you doing a Diance or Spousal ? If Spousal, everything is done through NVC including making the appointment.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

Once you have the NVC case number you can register and schedule after you pay. Are you doing a Diance or Spousal ? If Spousal, everything is done through NVC including making the appointment.  

No im scheduling fiance. I dont need to wait until it states ready ?

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

• 4 months later...
Timeline

I’m confused at how you pay. I called the website where you schedule your appointment and they told me I have to wait until there are available appointments to pay. She said once the appointment are Available I will get a confirmation page with a MRV# that I should print and take to the bank and pay. But it seems like everyone hear used their DS160 confirmation page. I tried that and the bank said I need the MRV#

Timeline
5 hours ago, A Gray said:

I’m confused at how you pay. I called the website where you schedule your appointment and they told me I have to wait until there are available appointments to pay. She said once the appointment are Available I will get a confirmation page with a MRV# that I should print and take to the bank and pay. But it seems like everyone hear used their DS160 confirmation page. I tried that and the bank said I need the MRV#

For Dakar you need to log back into your DS-160 print the Payment Instruction Page and your number will be on there. Take that to any EcoBank and they will accept payment and within 48 hours the calendar will open and list all available appointments 

Timeline

So Apparently Dakar has changed the process again. You can fill out your DS-160 (you need your USCIS #) then you Register at aid-usvisainfo.com while you registersting you select that you have the letter from the embassy even if you don’t(I never got this mysterious letter) and us the fiancé passport to complete registration. But you can’t pay or get your MVR # until a appointment is available which you will have to keep logging in to check to see if any are available. Has anyone else did this new process? Right now there are no available appointments.

Timeline
1 hour ago, A Gray said:

So Apparently Dakar has changed the process again. You can fill out your DS-160 (you need your USCIS #) then you Register at aid-usvisainfo.com while you registersting you select that you have the letter from the embassy even if you don’t(I never got this mysterious letter) and us the fiancé passport to complete registration. But you can’t pay or get your MVR # until a appointment is available which you will have to keep logging in to check to see if any are available. Has anyone else did this new process? Right now there are no available appointments.

When did this happen I just went through the process in March and helped someone else in May it wasn’t like that at all.

Timeline
1 hour ago, A Gray said:

Also why would they give you an appointment before you have even paid ?? 

Timeline

There is no option to print the MRV# when you fill out the DS 160 anymore. If you call aid-USCISApp.com they will explain that you have to wait for a appointment to open to get a MRV#. Once they say appointments are available you pay them in 2 days you choose a date. It makes no sense but this is the process they have me doing. 

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.