maylaw

Dakar/Senegal K1 visa interview

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi All,

Please help me. I am so desperate at this time.

My fiance still haven't received an interview letter until today. The USCIS notice was valid from sept 8, 2017 to Jan 7, 2018. The validity period is almost over and I don't know what is going on. The NVC told me they send the case to Dakar on Oct 4, 2017. Dakar Embassy is not giving any information by phone. They asked me to send an email. I send the first one with no answer. A month later I sent another one still no answer.

At this point I don't know what to do no more. Did I miss something? How do they notify applicants usually? Anyone had a similar issue? Please tell me what I should do now.

Please help me. Any answer will be truly appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you get an automated response. If you got no automated response from the embassy maybe you sent email to an i correct email address. 

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ange410 said:

@Longingfor yes I did receive an automated response from the embassy both times.

Have you or your spouse checked your spam folders to see if they sent you an email. Sometimes mail gets sent to spam. If you both have checked spam then I suggest to email them several times per day because your case is about to expire.

Edited by Longingfor

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Dear,

Don't worry about the expiration date. I was told by the NVC staff, that the expiration date you see in the approval notice is for them(NVC); they have to send to documents to Dakar before that date expire. Now your case will never expire because the embassy has it. It will take time for them to contact you, Sometime up to 2 months.

You can email them but make sure in the subject line: you put the case number, type of visa and your fiance name and date of birth. Then wait

if you don't hear them send again the same email.

Wishing you the best

Timeline
On 1/4/2018 at 1:52 AM, Wawaw said:

Dear,

Don't worry about the expiration date. I was told by the NVC staff, that the expiration date you see in the approval notice is for them(NVC); they have to send to documents to Dakar before that date expire. Now your case will never expire because the embassy has it. It will take time for them to contact you, Sometime up to 2 months.

You can email them but make sure in the subject line: you put the case number, type of visa and your fiance name and date of birth. Then wait

if you don't hear them send again the same email.

Wishing you the best

Thank you @Wawaw It's been 3 months that they received the case. I emailed them 4 times already still no answer.

Thank you for answering me

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Please, can someone share what will be the next step after receiving the letter from immigration they received the petition package I-I29F.

Thank you,

Fany E

Timeline

They will send you a second letter letting you know if your case has been approved or not. If approved, your case will be sent to the NVC and then to the country where your fiance will be having the interview.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I hope you not still waiting. The automated email response lists answers to K-1. It tells you to do the DS-160. Pay at the EcoBank and in 2 business days the calendar will open and allow you to schedule you appointment. They have appointments open as early as a week and they do them on Wednesday. So as soon as you have your DS number and case number do you medical and you can be ready for the next week or the following week. Dakar has really streamlined the process for K-1 and it can be done quickly. We went from Approved with the NOA2 from USCIS to NVC to scheduled and Approved at the Embassy in 1 month. 

Edited by Maria1989

Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 10:42 AM, Maria1989 said:

I hope you not still waiting. The automated email response lists answers to K-1. It tells you to do the DS-160. Pay at the EcoBank and in 2 business days the calendar will open and allow you to schedule you appointment. They have appointments open as early as a week and they do them on Wednesday. So as soon as you have your DS number and case number do you medical and you can be ready for the next week or the following week. Dakar has really streamlined the process for K-1 and it can be done quickly. We went from Approved with the NOA2 from USCIS to NVC to scheduled and Approved at the Embassy in 1 month. 

He had an interview last month and unfortunately it was denied. so I still don't know what to do next at this moment. Waiting for a notice from USCIS 

Timeline
5 hours ago, maylaw said:

He had an interview last month and unfortunately it was denied. so I still don't know what to do next at this moment. Waiting for a notice from USCIS 

Sorry to hear that, did they tell him anything, they usually give some sort of form. If it is a K-1, it will expire and you can’t appeal. You have to decide which route to go, file a new K-1 or marry and file a Spousal. First, you need to find out why it was denied normally the Consular states some sort of reason.  Address the issue and continue. The only notice that will come from USCIS is that it expired. 

My approval letter arrived to me in the states the end of January. My fiancé still has not heard anything from the embassy.  He did his ds160 and paid for it the beginning of March and still has heard nothing. He went to Dakar to try to pay for his interview but was told he is not allowed to pay for it or schedule it until he gets a letter from the embassy stating he may now schedule. I’ve emailed the embassy twice, both time got the automated responses but still nothing actually about our case. I really don’t understand why Dakar has to be so difficult and cause so many issues. Other countries allow the petitioner to pay online and schedule as soon as they get their immigrant case number from NVC. This is so frustrating. Then to hear how many people get denied is just a killer. I’m praying he gets a letter soon.  Anyone have any advice?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Diggs75 said:

My approval letter arrived to me in the states the end of January. My fiancé still has not heard anything from the embassy.  He did his ds160 and paid for it the beginning of March and still has heard nothing. He went to Dakar to try to pay for his interview but was told he is not allowed to pay for it or schedule it until he gets a letter from the embassy stating he may now schedule. I’ve emailed the embassy twice, both time got the automated responses but still nothing actually about our case. I really don’t understand why Dakar has to be so difficult and cause so many issues. Other countries allow the petitioner to pay online and schedule as soon as they get their immigrant case number from NVC. This is so frustrating. Then to hear how many people get denied is just a killer. I’m praying he gets a letter soon.  Anyone have any advice?

There is no fee for the DS-160. He takes his confirmation receipt and pays at 149,000 CFA at EcoBank. After two days, the calendar will open and allow for scheduling. The is no letter to wait for and he schedules his own appointments. His medical will take around 3-5 days we used Dr. Thermos and he was very pleasant and helpful. 

He will need to register at ais.usvisa-info.com and make an account. He will need the NVC case number for this and to make the payment at EcoBank. We were approved by USCIS on Feb. 8 and then approved at the interview at the Embassy on March 14. Dakar has streamlined the process and it’s pretty easy now. Sorry you are having such difficulties.

if he already did the DS-160 and paid at EcoBank then once he registers his will say schedule appointment. They are only done on Wednesday. 

Timeline
On 3/22/2018 at 7:59 AM, Maria1989 said:

Sorry to hear that, did they tell him anything, they usually give some sort of form. If it is a K-1, it will expire and you can’t appeal. You have to decide which route to go, file a new K-1 or marry and file a Spousal. First, you need to find out why it was denied normally the Consular states some sort of reason.  Address the issue and continue. The only notice that will come from USCIS is that it expired. 

The same happened with my fiancee. I think I'll wait and see what is the reason and then proceed. The day my fiancee went he said no one was approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.