SKHAN

help me for re apply for visit visa

49 posts in this topic

Im single unmarried, I applied for visitor visa but rejected on 19-07-2017. Coz unluckily i did not show my employment which stared since 2009 nd also show me as a home maker girl. I did not convince him regarding strong ties to my country.  My cousin told me that when u show ur self so simple nd home maker they give u visa but in actual he was wrong dats y i hided job explanation,  i was disappointed badly. my mother has a green card nd my married sister US Citizen. Now i want to apply my luck again, in form there is a question that have u refused ever for us visa.... im little bit confused what should i write there....... that yes i have applied before . ND also i want to give each nd every detail regarding my job now.

Please guys guide me nd also tell how much bank balance is required.

Edited by SKHAN
wants to complete wording

I agree with all of the above.

1. If you did not claim the employment on the DS-160, then this is a misrepresentation. If found to have been material, then you will have a permanent bar on any visa in the future. If discovered but not deemed material, your credibility (your strongest factor for a tourist visa IMO) is shot so it will make any future application very unlikely to be successful.
  2. You must declare the past refusal on the DS-160. They have records of it anyway. Explain that you applied for a tourist visa on x/x/xxxx (or only month/year if that's all you can recall) and was refused.
  3. You have multiple close relatives in the US, which are ties to the US. This negatively impacts your case.
  4. You are single and unmarried woman, which negatively impacts your case.

The only thing you have to lose by applying is the $160 fee. To be blunt, your chances seem pretty low but the only way to know for sure is by applying.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with the above responses.  It will be very hard to explain why the employment information was not offered when the visa was applied for back on July especially since the job started back in 2009 and at least in my opinion is material evidence in showing strong ties to one's home country. 

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Which Consulate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Well........I did all this bull ... that was my first tyme and i learned alot after rejection. Im going to be engaged very soon. ND also i am going to apply in Feb'2018. In sha Allah with all my job explanation.  Kindly brief key points to fill DS-160 form and for my Interview. Which type of Job Letter is required? Anyone show me. Is this important to give flight details.  I am not getting the meaning of material.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You just fill the DS 160 in.

Truthfully

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, SKHAN said:

Well........I did all this bull ... that was my first tyme and i learned alot after rejection. Im going to be engaged very soon. ND also i am going to apply in Feb'2018. In sha Allah with all my job explanation.  Kindly brief key points to fill DS-160 form and for my Interview. Which type of Job Letter is required? Anyone show me. Is this important to give flight details.  I am not getting the meaning of material.

Hopefully the most important thing you learned was to be truthful on the application. So regarding the “key points” on DS160, just be honest. Be prepared for questions about the discrepancies between your last application and this one. They really don’t like people lying on applications...

Your employment letter should be on a company letterhead, state the details of your job (position, salary, starting date, that you have been granted vacation days for the period you plan to visit the US and will be returning thereafter). Sometimes they are suspicious of job letters especially if it’s from a small company or family business, so be prepared that they may or may not consider this much, especially as you claimed to be a homemaker on your last application. You’re not supposed to book flights until you have a visa. Being engaged is irrelevant, it isn’t an official marital status. If you own property or have a proper (legal contract) long term rental lease on your home, bring evidence.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Material in this context means if it would have affected the judgement on giving you a visa. So if they decide that your job would have been something that would affect a decision to give you a visa but you lied about it, not telling them is a form of lying, then they can decide to ban you from getting a visa. 

Yes you were denied a visa so have to answer the question about that next time truthfully. Lying is not the answer.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Embassy COs are 10 times more vigilant than VJers here. Any CO worth his\her dime can look up changes from one B2 application to the next. So, be honest, and back up any changes with facts\documents at the interview. 

What embassy is this? ISL? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

The answer to your first question is "YES", you were refused visa before. Never, ever, ever lie to U.S. federal agent or on any application. Remember, you were fingerprinted during your first interview and they have your biographical data in their system. You were denied the last time doesn't mean you will be denied again. Your situation could change.

• 3 months later...

Thank you so much guys for replying and guiding me in such a good way. i was away from my mail for the last few months dats y i could not ans you....

Mr. Weguygal my interview was held at karachi consulate. and i was surprised coz there was no rush like isb embassy may be dats y mostly people go to islamabad embassy coz they approve more visas than karachi consulate.

Hello Every One....

Now my situation is changed and i am going to plan for applying in may or june 2018. so i want to ask few things that if i say im engaged so is it necessary to take pics of fiance or give any proof like wedding. doing job as a office assistant since 9 years nd reason for visit is to celebrate eid  and meet with my sis as i did not meet her more than 6 years and mother(as my mother is there green card holder and living in usa for the last 8 months) and take back her to pakistan with me  as she cant do a long journey being a old age lady (60 age) and also i want to visit some us places like statue of liberty Manhattan , central park, times square etc duration of stay 12 days.

nd reason of come back is i am taking back my mother im doing job nd live with my father and uncle.

I have seen many letters on google for request of visa to US Consulates in which the person explain reason of stay and reason of come back to his country ... what u guys say if i take this letter with my self and give it to consulate officer at the time of interview when he ask y do you want to go to us than i will hand over this request letter to him.

waiting for your response.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, SKHAN said:

Hello Every One....

Now my situation is changed and i am going to plan for applying in may or june 2018. so i want to ask few things that if i say im engaged so is it necessary to take pics of fiance or give any proof like wedding. doing job as a office assistant since 9 years nd reason for visit is to celebrate eid  and meet with my sis as i did not meet her more than 6 years and mother(as my mother is there green card holder and living in usa for the last 8 months) and take back her to pakistan with me  as she cant do a long journey being a old age lady (60 age) and also i want to visit some us places like statue of liberty Manhattan , central park, times square etc duration of stay 12 days.

nd reason of come back is i am taking back my mother im doing job nd live with my father and uncle.

I have seen many letters on google for request of visa to US Consulates in which the person explain reason of stay and reason of come back to his country ... what u guys say if i take this letter with my self and give it to consulate officer at the time of interview when he ask y do you want to go to us than i will hand over this request letter to him.

1)  IF you say you're engaged?   Are you actually engaged, or just wanting to say that hoping it gives you a better chance at getting a visa?  Regardless, being engaged does not help in any way.

2)  60 is not really "old age"....many people travel in their 60s by themselves, and the CO will see it that way too.  If she had a proven medical reason/disability as to why she could not travel alone, that's entirely different.  CO will also just assume if the mother needs someone to travel with her, she can travel with your US-based sister.

3)  Your past denial (and your past misrepresentation on the form about your employment) will be on your file.  

4)  A letter written by you requesting a visa----You're right in front of the CO so why not just say it verbally?

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, SKHAN said:

Hello Every One....

I don't know where you live but in the western world most people are still working at 60... not really old :P Pictures are not going to help, not for a visitors visa. And wedding as proof? How? You're only engaged. Or are you "engaged" hoping it will look better on the application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.