pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, kvito28 said:

I honestly think that those update are just a bunch of BS. I have seen people get approved in 1 month and some in 1 year. It seems to be a hit or miss. 

I am just wondering if I should apply for I-131 or not. I should have done it with EAD. I want to travel in October and looking at current processing times reported by VJ users I think it is unlikely that I will have my GC by then...

If I were you I'd apply for AP ASAP, its free and can't hurt to have it. You never know when you may need it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Well figured I would pop in here and say hello. We were a part of the April K1 group.

We got the NOA1 for everything on the 25th of January, did our Biometrics on the 23rd of February. Tracker has never updated and just sitting in the dark. Would love to see the EAD & AP soon so she can get her drivers license back. Being the only one working or driving gets a bit old.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, CopperChem said:

Well figured I would pop in here and say hello. We were a part of the April K1 group.

We got the NOA1 for everything on the 25th of January, did our Biometrics on the 23rd of February. Tracker has never updated and just sitting in the dark. Would love to see the EAD & AP soon so she can get her drivers license back. Being the only one working or driving gets a bit old.

We have almost the same timelines for the AOS process and I haven't gotten an update yet on any of the processes.

Yeah, I hear you. I haven't gotten my driver license yet. Just waiting for the EAD card so I can apply for it and stop walking around with my passport.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, kvito28 said:

Still nobody with an interview from January?

My interview in on April 3. I believe I am the second one from January filers. @Kaitmarie has hers this week. 

On 3/20/2018 at 3:32 PM, Rmsean said:

YH. I CALLED THEM. SAID I WAS SENT A LETTER. DIDNT SAY MORE THAN THAT. SAID IF I DONT GET IT BY APRIL 8 I SHOULD CALL BACK. FOR MY I765 THAT IS.

Awesome! That is probably your interview schedule! :)

On 3/20/2018 at 7:38 PM, Stt said:

I agree, everytime i see someone post some good news I get my hopes up but nothing changes. I don't understsnd why this process have to be so loooooong and drawn out. I know they have thousands of application to process but I really think they can be done quicker

On 3/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Wayoo said:

It's really sad what goes on at NBC

An agency like that should have enough manpower to handle cases fast, considering how much revenue is being generated from their exorbitant fees..

The most disheartening part of it for me is the pace at which ead applications are being processed.. If as at Dec 31st they were processing ead applications of Oct, how do they explain them processing ead applications of Nov as of March 15th... 

Isn't that crazy!? 

Am just gonna get my mind off till something substantial happens to me and stop getting my hopes high off other people's suggestive posts..

Idk which status you two are adjusting from, but I can tell you AOS is not as excruciating as K1. At least now I am no longer half a world away from my husband. I say enjoy all this free time you can spend with your spouse and maybe start a new hobby or learn something new. Distractions make all this waiting not so painful. I know it feels kinda bad when someone gets good news and you check your case and nada, but hang in there, stay positive and keep busy. Time will go much faster if you don't keep thinking about/checking your case. :)

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Laura123 said:

I call them yesterday it was my 77 day  for my EAD  and put on a SR. She said they will get back to me within 2 weeks or so. Anybody done SR? 

I believe the average processing time for EAD applications is 90 days, but it has been taking longer recently. 77 days is still one month below average, so unless you submitted an expedite request, I wouldn't really be getting my hopes up. Many Nov and Dec filers are still waiting for their EAD.

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

9 hours ago, lezahennaid said:

I believe the average processing time for EAD applications is 90 days, but it has been taking longer recently. 77 days is still one month below average, so unless you submitted an expedite request, I wouldn't really be getting my hopes up. Many Nov and Dec filers are still waiting for their EAD.

I am planning to do an expedite request as well. I heard those takes time too. 

So idk its just a mess. If anything after 90 days im thinking to contact the congressman office as well. 

Have you received your EAD yet? Looks like you case is moving fast. i see you have an interview scheduled 

On 18/03/2018 at 8:09 PM, Rmsean said:

2E8A5A9D-6FFC-4299-A357-725EF00D117B.jpeg

C2C3128D-D907-4A35-B016-2366645FB7A4.jpeg

Bah! As if you have an interview scheduling update after 1 month!! Mine is still showing the ‘we received your biometrics fee’ update from Jan 22. It’s now March 22 and nothing! 😭😭😭

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

Bah! As if you have an interview scheduling update after 1 month!! Mine is still showing the ‘we received your biometrics fee’ update from Jan 22. It’s now March 22 and nothing! 😭😭😭

its so very confusing. 

AOS from B2

12/22/17 . documents sent by lawyer 
12/27/17 . documents delivered to chicago lock box (delay cos of the holiday)  Still waiting on the receipT 
01/12/18. Got all receipts. 
01/20/18. Got biometrics appointment letter 
01/31/18. Date for appointment Will try and do a walk in on 01/23/18 
01/23/18. Walked in today and did biometrics.

02/05/18. I-485 changed to you are being scheduled for interview

03/06/18. lawyer expedites EAD

03/09/18. I-765 changed to document was mailed to you.

03/15/18. Congressman expedites EAD

LAWYER SENT ANOTHER EXPEDITE PACKAGE TO USCIS

CONGRESS MAN GOT INVOLVED AGAIN ON APRIL 20

APPROVED, CARD PRODUCED AND MAILED BY APRIL 25

16 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

We have almost the same timelines for the AOS process and I haven't gotten an update yet on any of the processes.

Yeah, I hear you. I haven't gotten my driver license yet. Just waiting for the EAD card so I can apply for it and stop walking around with my passport.

That’s weird, I got my licence with the NOA from the ead. I didn’t have to wait for the ead, just the i797 was enough. I’m in Indiana where they usually make stuff difficult but that was really straightforward. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

That’s weird, I got my licence with the NOA from the ead. I didn’t have to wait for the ead, just the i797 was enough. I’m in Indiana where they usually make stuff difficult but that was really straightforward. 

same here. got it with the receipt.

AOS from B2

12/27/17 . documents delivered to chicago lock box (delay cos of the holiday)  Still waiting on the receipT 

1 minute ago, Rmsean said:

its so very confusing. 

It is. I wouldn’t mind if it was the same for everyone but I see people already with updates or even receiving their ead and ap who applied after me and it’s heartbreaking when I’m waiting on that AP to see my brother get married in the UK (and I’m also a bridesmaid), I’ll be devastated if I don’t get it in time. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

It is. I wouldn’t mind if it was the same for everyone but I see people already with updates or even receiving their ead and ap who applied after me and it’s heartbreaking when I’m waiting on that AP to see my brother get married in the UK (and I’m also a bridesmaid), I’ll be devastated if I don’t get it in time. 

HAVE YOU TRIED EXPEDITING? GOT MY LAWYER AND CONGRESSMAN TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT.

AOS from B2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

same here. got it with the receipt.

You got your drivers license with a NOA??? What other documents did you present? I have never heard this before . Like without a social? 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

I am planning to do an expedite request as well. I heard those takes time too. 

So idk its just a mess. If anything after 90 days im thinking to contact the congressman office as well. 

Have you received your EAD yet? Looks like you case is moving fast. i see you have an interview scheduled 

The office of the congressman wouldn't do anything out of the ordinary, they are simply gonna send in inquiry on your behalf just like everyone else..

Nevertheless, please exhaust all your options, as for me I've done expedite request, service request and also gone through my congressman's office.. 78 days as of today..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.