pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, twoDs said:

Feels strange joining a AOS thread, but yet here we are. We received the hardcopy NOA1s for AOS, AP and EAD dated 1/2/2018 yesterday. Sent the package in on 12/28.

We sent in the package one day before you on 12/27, still waiting for NOA1. Did USCIS cash your check? 

1 hour ago, twoDs said:

Feels strange joining a AOS thread, but yet here we are. We received the hardcopy NOA1s for AOS, AP and EAD dated 1/2/2018 yesterday. Sent the package in on 12/28.

Woohoo glad to see you here! Welcome aboard our AOS train!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, cumulonimbus said:

Joining the club...

Sent via FedEx - 12/22/17

Delivered - 12/26/17

NOA1 - Text notifications received 1/3/18 @ midnight 

Waiting on hard copy NOA1

Best of luck everyone!

Received my NOA1 hardcopies today...NOA1 date listed as 12/29/17 !

Guess I'll be following both the January & December AOS groups!

1 minute ago, cumulonimbus said:

Received my NOA1 hardcopies today...NOA1 date listed as 12/29/17 !

Guess I'll be following both the January & December AOS groups!

You are most certainly welcome here :D Glad to have you aboard as well. The more the merrier. 

6 minutes ago, keixjil said:

Phew. I sent my AOS package just now through USPS priority mail. Its expected to delivered on Friday. I’m still nervous eventhough its 2nd time filing to USCIS.

Wish a smooth AOS journey to every Jan filers out there! 

Welcome. Glad to have your aboard for the journey with us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey lovely people! We are about to send in our package but I have some concerns especially with the passport photos. I got the pictures taken at costco and I was wondering if its ok if they didnt have the stamp on the back stating the dates and where the photo is taken?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, keixjil said:

Phew. I sent my AOS package just now through USPS priority mail. Its expected to delivered on Friday. I’m still nervous eventhough its 2nd time filing to USCIS.

Wish a smooth AOS journey to every Jan filers out there! 

Goodluck. We tried sending ours in late November and had it return because we were $85 short on the check.So resubmit it in December. They received the packet on 12/26 but we didn't get the email notification til 1/8/18. So we are waiting for the hard copy now.

How does your wife like America?

1 hour ago, bracy said:

Hey lovely people! We are about to send in our package but I have some concerns especially with the passport photos. I got the pictures taken at costco and I was wondering if its ok if they didnt have the stamp on the back stating the dates and where the photo is taken?

Thanks!

Unlike Canada the US doesn't care about having stamps on it or the confirmation that a photo studio took them so no worries on that one. :)

39 minutes ago, tritruong85 said:

Goodluck. We tried sending ours in late November and had it return because we were $85 short on the check.So resubmit it in December. They received the packet on 12/26 but we didn't get the email notification til 1/8/18. So we are waiting for the hard copy now.

How does your wife like America?

Ugh that bites but glad you got it out now with the right amount and you get to spend AOS with us wonderful people. :) Welcome to January!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/10/2018 at 4:05 PM, bestofluck said:

We sent in the package one day before you on 12/27, still waiting for NOA1. Did USCIS cash your check? 

Yes they did, in fact it showed up on my online bank statement well before NOA1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello guys, after a while coming back to the AOS step. I am applying from New Jersey , how about you guys ?

sent off our paper works today January 11. Probably it will be delivered in two days.

wish you all to hear good news soon.

Edited by RocarrM

Hello all!!

For those of you who already submitted or are assembling your AOS packages-I was looking at tutorials on YouTube of Adjustment of Status packages  and comparing with USCIS checklist.

USCIS requires copy of I797(NOA2) but on Youtube I saw a couple people adding NOA1, Copy of Letter to NVC and all sorts of stuff I did not see on USCIS list

Is it necessary?  Because if it isn't am not sending more than is required. 

1 hour ago, NicoAndNelle said:

Hello all!!

For those of you who already submitted or are assembling your AOS packages-I was looking at tutorials on YouTube of Adjustment of Status packages  and comparing with USCIS checklist.

USCIS requires copy of I797(NOA2) but on Youtube I saw a couple people adding NOA1, Copy of Letter to NVC and all sorts of stuff I did not see on USCIS list

Is it necessary?  Because if it isn't am not sending more than is required. 

Honestly I do not think its necessary because if you have your NOA2 from the k-1 that proves you were approved why add the NOA1 which proves they received your k-1 application. Seems redundant plus if you made it to the states why would you need to include anything from NVC. You are already here. If they don't ask for it don't add it.

13 hours ago, RocarrM said:

Hello guys, after a while coming back to the AOS step. I am applying from New Jersey , how about you guys ?

sent off our paper works today January 11. Probably it will be delivered in two days.

wish you all to hear good news soon.

Welcome aboard the AOS train for January. :D I applied from Colorado. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.