pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, simonvikih79 said:

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

When I expedited, my status when straight to "your case is being routed for expedited processing" and then "your card is being produced." However, that doesn't mean you weren't approved because there doesn't seem to be a standard process in place. It's different across the board. It could just mean that they received the job offer letter. You could contact your local senator or congress person and ask them to inquire on your behalf.  Or, you could call and ask about the status. Good luck! p.s. I am also Canadian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 6/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, NataliaDenz said:

I recently obtained my EAD/AP combo card, I’m planning a trip to Spain to visit my family ( I’m currently pregnant too) which makes me a little hesitant but I have read so many positive experiences that I think there should not be any issues. NOW my question is this. My combo card has my MARRIED name where as my passport has my MAIDEN name, when it comes to buying the plane ticket, which do I use?  My guess would be my maiden name as I would be showing my passport to get through security and on my way back have my marriage license to prove my name on my Combo card. 

Has anyone experienced this before?? 

•  

Your passport and airline tickets have to match to the letter. Upon re entry into the states present all of your documentation (including your wedding certificate).

I have traveled most of the world....I know this one by heart 😏

Have a wonderful trip!

Timeline

Okie dokie......

Today marks the 150 day for me. I am still waiting for AP/EAD. It’s been 5 months ya’ll. I’m starting to think I’m cursed in some way..,,,:huh:

Filed: Country:
Timeline
14 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Okie dokie......

Today marks the 150 day for me. I am still waiting for AP/EAD. It’s been 5 months ya’ll. I’m starting to think I’m cursed in some way..,,,:huh:

Im starting to think I'm cursed too! 5 months still waiting 😢

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stt said:

And we still have to wait another month before we can make an inquiry 😡

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, janet3 said:

And we still have to wait another month before we can make an inquiry 😡

Almost 6 months since my application was received for GC... I was dumb enough to not apply for AP/EAD... everything seemed to be going quick so I thought why waste money 🙄 now my husband is stuck at home ... a total of 9 months of just waiting ...

7 hours ago, WafaAamir said:

Almost 6 months since my application was received for GC... I was dumb enough to not apply for AP/EAD... everything seemed to be going quick so I thought why waste money 🙄 now my husband is stuck at home ... a total of 9 months of just waiting ...

AP/EAD are free with AOS applications though....

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, WafaAamir said:

Oh snap, sorry for your husband, it is never too late, fill them out and send them now, it is free anyways because your AOS is still pending, and who knows that might trigger something on your application and they will actually look at your file.

It was the case for me, I sent my AP late, 2 months after applying and I believe it helped.

Good luck and hang in there.

Sorry @Stt and @janet3 I really pray you get a surprise good email about your EADs this week, sending good vibes to you.

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Stt said:

Day 168. I expedited the AP back in April and have yet to receive answer from that. I went to my congresswoman last week and put in a request from USCIS. We'll see what they say.

The funny thing is my neighbor applied for her EAD/AP at the end of February and she already received her's.

Joining the group though I adjust from a H1 visa. PD 1/30/18

Today is 141 days of no EAD card. I saw cases around mine got approved last week, but no sign for mine.:angry:

2 yr GC approved 04/29/2019

10 yr GC approved 06/02/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
15 hours ago, janet3 said:

Okie dokie......

You're not alone 152 days here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, jdolvera said:

Day 168. I expedited the AP back in April and have yet to receive answer from that. I went to my congresswoman last week and put in a request from USCIS. We'll see what they say.

The funny thing is my neighbor applied for her EAD/AP at the end of February and she already received her's.

I have a friend who also applied for EAD/AP and his NOA1 is in February and already got approval for both. While I'm January 19 th and still waiting. I have no clue how they process their cases. It's like a mystery and misery at the same time

54 minutes ago, Nemesiser said:

I have a friend who also applied for EAD/AP and his NOA1 is in February and already got approval for both. While I'm January 19 th and still waiting. I have no clue how they process their cases. It's like a mystery and misery at the same time

hello

I don't know how accurate the site is but there is processing times based on the users from the site if you click on ap or ead it shows you what date is being worked on AP's being processed rite now are January 12th and EAD January 5th kind of to give you and idea. I'm still waiting as well day 134 for ap and 97 days for EAD my EAD is behind since I signed an outdated form sucks but yea reset my clock. 

Hope everyone is having a good day 

Edited by GioRod

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nouchigang said:

Oh snap, sorry for your husband, it is never too late, fill them out and send them now, it is free anyways because your AOS is still pending, and who knows that might trigger something on your application and they will actually look at your file.

It was the case for me, I sent my AP late, 2 months after applying and I believe it helped.

Good luck and hang in there.

Sorry @Stt and @janet3 I really pray you get a surprise good email about your EADs this week, sending good vibes to you.

OMG I thought it was extra... I’m sending that in thn ... thank you soo much 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.