dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, The.Fab.Ella said:

Hi everyone. A quick update on my case and great news!  We waited for a year and three days for our NOA 2. As it was Dec 1 and we were told it usually takes 4 weeks for the case to get transferred to NVC, we didn't do any follow ups that month and went on our Christmas holiday.  When we got back on January 8, we called the NVC and got our case number.  We requested for an expedite and in just 8 working days (with all fees paid & DS-260 done), our case is now at the Embassy and can be set up for interview! Thank God!  We are, however, scheduling the interview two months from now at the start of the school break.  Just two more hurdles, medical and interview, and God-willing, I can move permanently and be with my husband.

Congratulations!!! What was the reason for your expedite?

1 hour ago, scarlett262004 said:

Esto también me pasó pero finalmente obtuve un CC ayer. Me llevó exactamente 6 semanas desde mi fecha de escaneo. Las llamé muchas veces y le pregunté a cada representante desde que sucedió eso, eso nos empujará a retroceder en la revisión. Ambos dijeron que no, pero que todavía estábamos dentro de las 11 semanas. Por cierto, mi fecha de escaneo fue 12/7. 

How did you find out you had a CC, checking the status or calling? 

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, L&J15 said:

How did you find out you had a CC, checking the status or calling? 

I checked the status and it said at NVC. Then I called to confirm. 

Interview scheduled for 02/08/17 I found out last night status changeat EAC Website and I got the email confirmation this morning. PD 03/13/2017 cc 12/25/17 interview scheduled 01/18/2017

19 hours ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

I just called USCIS and they said that I have to wait at least 90 days and then I can do something about it... 

This is driving me crazy

hey, same thing happend to my papers. Dont worry, they will get it, we got I130 approved on the 21st of November,2017, USCIS sent it on 3th of January 2018!! So NVC just got it like a few days ago. Still no wellcoming letter tho :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

hello everyone. I'm hearing that it's possible that the government shuts down at midnight. What does that mean for NVC and embassies? Would they close? I'm reading that NVC would keep working because they are contractors and are part of the Department of State. I think they kept working in 2013. Does anyone have more information? How long do you think  would the shutdown last?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, kubes said:

hello everyone. I'm hearing that it's possible that the government shuts down at midnight. What does that mean for NVC and embassies? Would they close? I'm reading that NVC would keep working because they are contractors and are part of the Department of State. I think they kept working in 2013. Does anyone have more information? How long do you think  would the shutdown last?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agencies_affected_by_the_United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

Have a took at the above link, it lists all agencies that were effected in 2013. From this article it looks like NVC will still be open and process visa and same will be true for USCIS. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aindian310 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agencies_affected_by_the_United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

Have a took at the above link, it lists all agencies that were effected in 2013. From this article it looks like NVC will still be open and process visa and same will be true for USCIS. 

thank you. I'm really hoping it doesn't delay us much.

Timeline

On Monday it's going to be exactly 2 weeks since they received our case. How much is the official wait to get a case number assigned? Some people are saying 2 some are saying 6.

5 minutes ago, kubes said:

On Monday it's going to be exactly 2 weeks since they received our case. How much is the official wait to get a case number assigned? Some people are saying 2 some are saying 6.

Every time I call I'm told case numbers are assigned within 2 week however they received mine on the 3rd and I still don't have one... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, AndresP said:

Found out yesterday that NVC received my package from USCIS and that I should get my case number between now and Wednesday 

:) . They received it on the 10th, interesting enough I called on the 12th and they still had received it. 

Hi AndresP ,

Same here, they received it at the 10th as well, let's keep each other posted.

21 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

Wow!!! I can breathe again!! Case complete finally today. 6 weeks exactly from SD 12/7. 

She said the next interviews will start being scheduled in February so March is the earliest we could have an interview for depending on how many appointments are available. 

Congratulations!! I also got a case complete today. SD was 12/21. I called last night just to find out if my case has been sent to a supervisor for a review but I was still told they have everything they needed from me and the  customer rep. even put me on hold to make sure my DS260 is showing up on their site and it was. So I was going to wait till next week to give them a call again but to my surprise I just checked the status this morning and it changed to at NVC and the AOS line has also disappeared from the fee page. Just called and the customer rep confirmed case was completed today. Am so happy it took less than 4 weeks to get CC.

Hope everyone is doing well.

New to this forum...but not new to VJ. 

I'm wondering if anyone has come across an issue w/ NVC? We are using an attorney, and they told me not to call NVC because they were going to do that for us. Our NOA2 was dated 12/08/2017. My patience ran out yesterday and I called NVC only to find out that they don't have any record of our case. I immediately contacted our attorney and they have now sent an email to nvcresearch@state.gov. 

My concern now is if my case is...lost...(God forbid that!). Has anyone had this issue? What should we expect? I'm a wreck here. Our case took FOREVER to get approved and now NVC doesn't have it. :(  

Thanks again for your input on this.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Bos said:

Congratulations!! I also got a case complete today. SD was 12/21. I called last night just to find out if my case has been sent to a supervisor for a review but I was still told they have everything they needed from me and the  customer rep. even put me on hold to make sure my DS260 is showing up on their site and it was. So I was going to wait till next week to give them a call again but to my surprise I just checked the status this morning and it changed to at NVC and the AOS line has also disappeared from the fee page. Just called and the customer rep confirmed case was completed today. Am so happy it took less than 4 weeks to get CC.

Congratulations to you 🎉🎉

55 minutes ago, TX&BC said:

Hope everyone is doing well.

New to this forum...but not new to VJ. 

I'm wondering if anyone has come across an issue w/ NVC? We are using an attorney, and they told me not to call NVC because they were going to do that for us. Our NOA2 was dated 12/08/2017. My patience ran out yesterday and I called NVC only to find out that they don't have any record of our case. I immediately contacted our attorney and they have now sent an email to nvcresearch@state.gov. 

My concern now is if my case is...lost...(God forbid that!). Has anyone had this issue? What should we expect? I'm a wreck here. Our case took FOREVER to get approved and now NVC doesn't have it. :(  

Thanks again for your input on this.

hi ,

i m same as you

our petition was approved on november 24 ant till now nvc did not receive anythings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.