dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, kubes said:

Can I use the marriage certificate that I used for the I130 or do I have to get another one?

you can also check following link to determine if you have the right marriage certificate

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Albania.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Just now, Pavel1982 said:

why do you want to use a different marriage certificate? did you submit the original copy to USCIS?

No we just scanned and printed it. Was thinking so the date is more current. In Albania the date is stated on the certificate and I don't want them to say you need to get one within 6 months

3 minutes ago, kubes said:

No we just scanned and printed it. Was thinking so the date is more current. In Albania the date is stated on the certificate and I don't want them to say you need to get one within 6 months

Marriage certificate does not expire, only police certificate gets expire if its more than one year old

Edited by Pavel1982

Timeline

Marriage certificate does not expire, only police certificate gets expire if its one year old

It says at the link you sent me that it has to be less than one year old at the time they are provided same for the birth certificate. And when I have my interview it will probably be more than one year even tho i'm hoping to go through Frankfurt before the 18th of April. Just don't want to risk it.

12 hours ago, imasunshine said:

Hi everyone I have a question, I received an email with a reminder to complete my ds260 is that considered a checklist?.. my lawyer sent my docs first and eventually competed ds260 about 4 weeks after 

Forget to mention i thing that they will not review your documents until you or your lawyer has DS-260 submitted 

2 minutes ago, kubes said:

It says at the link you sent me that it has to be less than one year old at the time they are provided same for the birth certificate. And when I have my interview it will probably be more than one year even tho i'm hoping to go through Frankfurt before the 18th of April. Just don't want to risk it.

It seems like that instruction specific to your country. Yes, then go ahead and get updated documents. I agree that you should not take any risk

Timeline

@Pavel1982 we got married in Albania but I live in Germany for more than 9 years now, so I'm hoping I go through Frankfurt and not Tirana so I don't know what they will tell me at the Interview

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pavel1982 said:

It seems like that instruction specific to your country. Yes, then go ahead and get updated documents. I agree that you should not take any risk

Do you think they will give me Frankfurt or Tirana as the Embassy to go through the consular processing? I can't wait to find out.

When you have  filed I-130, did you use your Germany's address as your current address? do you have your case number? what is the first three letter of your case number?

Timeline

When you have  filed I-130, did you use your Germany's address as your current address? do you have your case number? what is the first three letter of your case number?

Yes the German one. That's the thing, waiting for the case number, I guess I'll find out very soon. Thank you for you help.

Just now, kubes said:

Do you think they will give me Frankfurt or Tirana as the Embassy to go through the consular processing? I can't wait to find out.

• When you have  filed I-130, did you use your Germany's address as your current address? do you have your case number from NVC? what is the first three letter of your case number?

3 minutes ago, kubes said:

Yes the German one. That's the thing, waiting for the case number, I guess I'll find out very soon. Thank you for you help.

Then it should be based on your  address mentioned in I-130. But you will need to get police certificate from both Albania and Germany

Edited by Pavel1982

Timeline

Then it should be based on your current address mentioned in I-130. But you will need to get police certificate from both Albania and Germany

That's what I'm helping because even the tourist Visa I got it from the consulate in Munich. Yep got both of them. We got everything ready for the AOS and the IV except for the birth and marriage certificate. I'm flying home in 10 days and get them. Another thing do I have to have an Apostille stamp on it?

11 hours ago, nimmohvalen said:

Happy new year guys! 

Question, can the fee payment portal become inactive if no activity is not engaged? Last week after choosing agent, the fee payment button became active but we didn't pay immediately, today I couldn't access the fee payment button.. Any input, kindly appreciate. 

No, it does not get inactive ( unless u stay inactive for 1 year). They had issue with their payment portal throughout 2017. So, wait day or two and try again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.