dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2018

815 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Laura-A said:

Interview was today and got approved !! :jest::jest:

Finally after almost a full year this is over !!!

congratulation!!! 

4 hours ago, Hcaceres08 said:

Just called for Guatemala and still no appointment

I just called and there is no interview scheduled for me yet. Last month they scheduled the interviews for the following month the second week of the month.

Maybe we should wait until the end of the week to call. So far no one with the same or an older case completion date than mine. Everyone with dates before mine were scheduled for this month.

I hope I get an interview for next month..... This waiting period is just too long now.... 3.5 months! 

CC: 9/20 

Guatemala

Another month, a new year, hopefully everyone gets their interview appointments this month and for those who already have an appointment scheduled, hopefully everyone gets an approved!!!

Scan date: 9/19/2017

CC: 12/5/2017

Interview Appt: 1/29/2018

so for El Salvador it asks that all beneficiaries register with a package delivery company (i.e. UPS,FedEx) but in El Salvador it is Caex Logistics to pick up visa/passport after his interview. Does any other country require this? Im not sure if my husband has to register for this before the interview or wait until after the interview? any input is greatly appreciated ^_^

4 hours ago, Claudia-Rudi said:

I just called and there is no interview scheduled for me yet. Last month they scheduled the interviews for the following month the second week of the month.

Maybe we should wait until the end of the week to call. So far no one with the same or an older case completion date than mine. Everyone with dates before mine were scheduled for this month.

I hope I get an interview for next month..... This waiting period is just too long now.... 3.5 months! 

CC: 9/20 

Guatemala

I hope this month is our month finally! Waiting 3 months now as well for Guatemala... CC 9/25 

23 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

I hope this month is our month finally! Waiting 3 months now as well for Guatemala... CC 9/25 

Just called and nothing yet

Timeline

Hi,

My spouse currently holds a tourist visa, and I am wondering if he’s going to be able to use his tourist visa after the interview (if the immigrant visa is approved) or the tourist visa becomes void.

I'm asking this for travel arrangements. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dan Jr

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

Hi,

My spouse currently holds a tourist visa, and I am wondering if he’s going to be able to use his tourist visa after the interview (if the immigrant visa is approved) or the tourist visa becomes void.

I'm asking this for travel arrangements. 

Thanks in advance.

No, they will take everything, you won't have the passport

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

I'm feeling a bit nervous about our interview. I don't think I will be able to cope if we get rejected.  I am my husbands sponsor and I've never had to file taxes before because I've never met the income requirements.

I started working my current job a little over 6 months ago and I make over 125% of the poverty guideline. I have my pay stubs as proof but I'm afraid that since I don't have tax returns and I haven't been working over a year that this might be cause for denial. I also included irs statement of non filing. Am I good or should I be worried?

50 minutes ago, vlkdublin said:

I'm feeling a bit nervous about our interview. I don't think I will be able to cope if we get rejected.  I am my husbands sponsor and I've never had to file taxes before because I've never met the income requirements.

I started working my current job a little over 6 months ago and I make over 125% of the poverty guideline. I have my pay stubs as proof but I'm afraid that since I don't have tax returns and I haven't been working over a year that this might be cause for denial. I also included irs statement of non filing. Am I good or should I be worried?

This is kind of hard to tell. They might accept or not accept since you are working only for last 6 months and  your income is not consistent for last 3 years  and/or bellow 125% of the poverty guideline. They will not reject your husband visa though, they might ask you to get a joint sponsor 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.