JessNewZealand

Form I-751 Petition to remove conditions AFTER Divorce

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Before I say anything, I want to say I have consulted an attorney. He assured me that I don't have anything to worry about with my case, as I have enough evidence to prove my marriage was in fact entered into in good faith. Example:

One child born into the marriage, joint bank accounts, joint insurance, joint lease, joint car titles, joint credit cards, plenty of mail to corresponding address, affidavits from mutual friends and even my ex husband, phone records... the list goes on.

What I am asking of ya'll is if anyone has ever experienced this process and my particular situation being approved WITHOUT being called in for an interview? And how long is this process typically? 

ALSO, does anyone have a sample cover letter for form I-751 being filed individually?

TIA!

2 minutes ago, Mollie09 said:

I had my case approved without an interview. Applied Dec 2015 approved February 2017.

And you were divorced when you applied??? What evidence did you submit? I want to do everything you did haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was divorced, yes. I don't have a list of the evidence I used because I used a lawyer to compile everything for me. We had joint property, joint mortgage, joint taxes, joint accounts, joint credit cards, car insurance, health insurance, he was my beneficiary for everything, but I'm not sure how much of that ended up in the application. Probably all of it, the lawyer kept asking for more stuff.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why is it so important not to have an interview. I realize it's more convenient but beyond that is there any reason? My wife is in the process of removing conditions through our marriage. If an interview is required then no biggie.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

18 hours ago, Russ&Caro said:

Why is it so important not to have an interview. I realize it's more convenient but beyond that is there any reason? My wife is in the process of removing conditions through our marriage. If an interview is required then no biggie.

It's more convenient and saves A LOT of time. The longest part of this process is waiting for USCIS to schedule your interview date

• 3 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Jess, Could you please share the lawyer name and  as my friend goes through the same and she lives in Oklahoma. She has to consult a lawyer,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.