Mark9

Once approved per I129-F what happens, and how fast?

9 posts in this topic

I and my fiancé we're just approved a few days ago.  The approval was for our I-129F fiancé visa.  Now we are obviously hoping to learn quickly how fast the next items occur?  Natashas' Doctor appointment, her interview,

her/our wait for her visa to come?  Also if anyone can offer from there (In Last Year) recent experience?  Tips, fact, timelines, cost.  I plan to meet her in N.Y. at JFK.  Some of my thoughts about questions are;

1.  Can she go to Moscow once?  See the Doctor, finish that, and also have her interview the same day, next day, or within two days.  Knock out these things with one flight to Moscow?  She is in Stavropol (Kri region).

2.  She is bringing our Cat.  I've lived in Russia more than the U.S. for 15 months so I am with her a great deal of the time we have waited.  I'm hoping for info on the cat coming w/her?

3. lastly;  Does the Government contact me about making her Doctors appointment, or her?  And is it done by phone, email, text, or what? 

Thank you so very much, the best info comes from those that have the experience.  All assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Mark B.       

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I can't speak to your other questions, but my understanding is it is much easier to bring cats into the US than foreign spouses :jest: As long as the animal is in good health, it shouldn't be a problem. The trick is finding an airline that will let you fly with the cat under your seat. 

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/56/~/pets---cats

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mark9 said:

I and my fiancé we're just approved a few days ago.  The approval was for our I-129F fiancé visa.  Now we are obviously hoping to learn quickly how fast the next items occur?  Natashas' Doctor appointment, her interview,

her/our wait for her visa to come?  Also if anyone can offer from there (In Last Year) recent experience?  Tips, fact, timelines, cost.  I plan to meet her in N.Y. at JFK.  Some of my thoughts about questions are;

1.  Can she go to Moscow once?  See the Doctor, finish that, and also have her interview the same day, next day, or within two days.  Knock out these things with one flight to Moscow?  She is in Stavropol (Kri region).

2.  She is bringing our Cat.  I've lived in Russia more than the U.S. for 15 months so I am with her a great deal of the time we have waited.  I'm hoping for info on the cat coming w/her?

3. lastly;  Does the Government contact me about making her Doctors appointment, or her?  And is it done by phone, email, text, or what? 

Thank you so very much, the best info comes from those that have the experience.  All assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Mark B.       

2) Cats are easier than other animals but the requirements depends on the state so don't forget to check that. I'm taking mine to California and they want nothing but good health for the cat (not even rabies vaccinations although I already made them just in case)

21 hours ago, hm139 said:

The trick is finding an airline that will let you fly with the cat under your seat. 

I don't believe there are any that allow this internationally when you're flying *into* the US - I have been researching this myself. There are airlines within the US that allow "support" animals on board with you, so long as you have the required documentation, but they're all US based airlines and for US originating flights as far as I can tell.   It's because of this and the fact that my girl would be caged through 30+ hours of travel that I'm very likely going to have to leave my cat when I make the move.  I can't justify locking her up in a cage for such a huge amount of time - it would be so scary and stressful for her, and I've read way too many horror stories about airlines injuring or killing animals during transport due to poor handling. 

Hi, and thanks for the posted info.  I can't speak for handling but;  Russian Aerofloat airlines allows pets both under the seat, and in back.  In back it is temperature controlled. 

I've had many issues with both American, and Deltaa for my personal travels but;  As old school, kind, proper, and just SUPER EXCELLENT as Aeroflot is.  I Don't see them mistreating

any animal.  If you don't know this;  Russian people are very in love with all their pets.  Yes mores so than in other countries.  If by chance you could fly this airline I feel your pet would be safe

and you won't have to leave your girl behind.  Hope this helps you.  TY again, Mark B. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 hours ago, dentsflogged said:

don't believe there are any that allow this internationally when you're flying *into* the US

I know there are flights from South America that allow it. If you can't find an airline from Australia direct to the US that allows it, perhaps you could find an airline that flies to Chile or Peru, and then a different airline from there.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, dentsflogged said:

I don't believe there are any that allow this internationally when you're flying *into* the US - I have been researching this myself. There are airlines within the US that allow "support" animals on board with you, so long as you have the required documentation, but they're all US based airlines and for US originating flights as far as I can tell.   It's because of this and the fact that my girl would be caged through 30+ hours of travel that I'm very likely going to have to leave my cat when I make the move.  I can't justify locking her up in a cage for such a huge amount of time - it would be so scary and stressful for her, and I've read way too many horror stories about airlines injuring or killing animals during transport due to poor handling. 

I am flying from Japan with my cat under my seat with delta airlines.

delta accepts up to 4 animals depending on the airplane model and the route it may change.

there are other airlines that accepts it too.

it may be about where the origin is not about US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/11/2017 at 12:51 PM, Mark9 said:

What government (Embassy)?  This process is applicant driven so the Embassy does nothing than maybe send out an information packet...  Maybe.  Best to get on the Moscow Embassy website and do some needed reading as well as get into the Russia regional thread because everything from here on out is specific to Moscow ONLY!

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Recently I was on a flight from TPA to DFW. One of those obnoxious, overly demanding people walk on the plan and your so happy your row is full. So, she gets to her row and her cat didn’t get her dose of valium or Ritalin. The lady already seated in the aisle seat and not effort to let her in. She then told the cat lady she was allergic to cats. The cat lady got very loud and demanded she let her to her seat. Next two of the flight attendants arrive and tell cat lady that she is the one that needs to be accommodated. That didn’t go over well but she finally agreed. The Senior flight attendant as who was allergic to cats so they could find a seat. Everybody raised their hands and cat lady went ballistic. At that point the flight attendant told they lady the would not be able to seat her with the cat and asked her to leave the plane and they would get her rebooked. When they closed the door closed everybody started clapping.

I'm sure Natasha and her cat are very pleasant and would never have this issue.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/56/~/pets---cats

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.