Lola2

I-601 form Processing time 2017

113 posts in this topic

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has applied for a waiver I-601 in 2016 and if they have received it yet? I applied in November of 2016 and still no update. When I called, they just tell me the same info I can see on the timeline on the USCIS website which seems inaccurate. Thanks for your help! 

Edited by Lola2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Unusual, not sure I have come across many that long, any particular issues?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Unusual, not sure I have come across many that long, any particular issues?

Not that we have been advised and when I check for an update through the website stating it has been outside the normal processing time, it sends me an automatic message telling me it is within the normal processing time. My lawyer even called and they told him the same thing.

Edited by Lola2

Timeline

Lawyer have access to other ways of chasing things up, not sure what the normal processing time is, did not think it was this long.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lola2 said:

What other ways? All he has done is called the customer service number.

Forget what it is called, Lawyer would know. 

Seems they are showing 1st Oct 2016 so not outside normal times. Has gone up a lot. 

rHi, 

You are right, the response to your lawyer and also info on the USCIS processing time page does not make sense. It has been saying as of September 30, 2017 for the past 3months. if that is correct it means for the past 2months they did not work. The update for November should have at least said as of October 31, 2017 and the update for December 17, would say as of November 30, 2017. I am optimistic  and believe it is human error of they are having a problem updating the correct info. 

I am also waiting for that of my spouse which I submitted in December 2016. 

Edited by Franco007

11 hours ago, Franco007 said:

rHi, 

You are right, the response to your lawyer and also info on the USCIS processing time page does not make sense. It has been saying as of September 30, 2017 for the past 3months. if that is correct it means for the past 2months they did not work. The update for November should have at least said as of October 31, 2017 and the update for December 17, would say as of November 30, 2017. I am optimistic  and believe it is human error of they are having a problem updating the correct info. 

I am also waiting for that of my spouse which I submitted in December 2016. 

Hello, it has not been saying September 30th for 3 months, it has been updated monthly but still seems off. I read somewhere that it takes 13 months to process, so we will see soon, I hope. The date it shows is the last date their system processed an application, that is what someone told me. For example, on Nov 7th when the computer updated the form it saw October 1st 2016. The as of date it shows above the form is misleading.

Edited by Lola2

I do not think that is correct though because I am in another forum here and one person who submitted theirs on October 24, 2016 just received her approval November 20, 2017. But online says processing October 1, 2016. Another person in that forum also stated theirs was approved last month after 15months of waiting. 

@Lola2

What I meant about the update stating September 30, 2017 for 3months....... Is that at the top of the processing update it tells you the date they last worked a file and the corresponding date on each case (I-130, N-400, I-601 and so on)  tells you the last date the case was filed. the bottom date only tells you the date the update was done.

Hence if since October 2017, the update is still saying as of September 30, 2017 that means they did not work any case as of the end of October and November.... Because if they did then the update should say as of October 31 or as of November 30......That is why I strongly think there is a problem with the updates and couple with the fact that someone got approval on November 20 that they submitted after October 1, 2016 which the update says they are still working on.

If you through the link below, I think on last 2 pages of chats you will find the approval I am talking about.

27 minutes ago, Franco007 said:

@Lola2

What I meant about the update stating September 30, 2017 for 3months....... Is that at the top of the processing update it tells you the date they last worked a file and the corresponding date on each case (I-130, N-400, I-601 and so on)  tells you the last date the case was filed. the bottom date only tells you the date the update was done.

Hence if since October 2017, the update is still saying as of September 30, 2017 that means they did not work any case as of the end of October and November.... Because if they did then the update should say as of October 31 or as of November 30......That is why I strongly think there is a problem with the updates and couple with the fact that someone got approval on November 20 that they submitted after October 1, 2016 which the update says they are still working on.

If you through the link below, I think on last 2 pages of chats you will find the approval I am talking about.

Yes agreed it is wrong, very frustrating but nothingwe can do but stay positive and wait! Thanks for that update, it seems 13 months is the average time. Good luck and happy holidays! 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Sol_ said:

Hola Franco I want to know if they responded you, my case is from December 14th 2016. please let me know if you have any answer.

thank ypu very much :)

Hi,

No i have not heard from USCIS but i think Lola will get a reply, then you before me. So i am using you and Lola as my update trackers lol :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.