wewillmakeit

We got approved waiting for the passport

41 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I been here before so some of you might remember me. So we finally got approved our interview was Nov 27th but now the waiting game continues since we are waiting for his passport. Anyone from Dominican Republic can please let me know how long did it actually take to get the passport back? We were told at the embassy to wait 10 days & when I check on the site it says that the passport is still at the embassy :unsure::unsure::unsure:

To anyone who is still waiting for their NOA2 & interview hang in there I know it seems like forever but it will happen. We filed in March and waited for 165 days for our NOA2 and it sucked lol but in the end when the nightmare is over it will be well worth it...Good luck to everyone

I’m still waiting for my NOA2 144 days ggggrrrr 😩 my husband is from the Dominica Republic. Reading some answers I seen that it can take up to 2 weeks for the passport to be ready. Hopefully you will get it soon. 😬

1 minute ago, LILI&FERRA said:

I’m still waiting for my NOA2 144 days ggggrrrr 😩 my husband is from the Dominica Republic. Reading some answers I seen that it can take up to 2 weeks for the passport to be ready. Hopefully you will get it soon. 😬

Well it's almost 2 weeks Monday...when did you guys file? & I hope so too um ready for this to end & live a normal life 

1 minute ago, LILI&FERRA said:

July 7th

:blink::blink: that's some time it took us 7 months 2 get NOA2 just have patience that's all you can do 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We are waiting for 197 days before we received our NOA2. Now, need to wait for the case number. Anyway, congratulation for your approval! Hopefully you will get your visa on hand super duper soon! 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Is he picking the passport up at the embassy or at the MBE location that you selected?  I would check (in person) at the place that was selected for it to be delivered. My partner's passport arrived to the MBE about one week after our interview. 

1 minute ago, phildinftlaudy said:

Is he picking the passport up at the embassy or at the MBE location that you selected?  I would check (in person) at the place that was selected for it to be delivered. My partner's passport arrived to the MBE about one week after our interview. 

Oh really??? He called the embassy they told him that it is still in the embassy & we would get the email when it has been delivered to MBE 

1 minute ago, justus2017 said:

Oh really??? He called the embassy they told him that it is still in the embassy & we would get the email when it has been delivered to MBE 

If he doesn't live far from the MBE that he selected to have it delivered to, I would go there and check.... After so many days, the MBE sends it back to the Embassy and it can be picked up there (but I think an appointment is needed to do that). He may want to go to the MBE and check. My partner lived in Santo Domingo and went to the MBE, showed his cedula, and picked up his passport (which includes the Visa inside it). 

2 minutes ago, phildinftlaudy said:

If he doesn't live far from the MBE that he selected to have it delivered to, I would go there and check.... After so many days, the MBE sends it back to the Embassy and it can be picked up there (but I think an appointment is needed to do that). He may want to go to the MBE and check. My partner lived in Santo Domingo and went to the MBE, showed his cedula, and picked up his passport (which includes the Visa inside it). 

I will have to tell him to do that then he is about an hour from Santo Domingo but I think something isn't adding up here because I went on the ustraveldocs.com & there is no information about his passport when after the interview there was. He will have to do that tomorrow...thank you so much 

11 minutes ago, justus2017 said:

I just went back over my dates....

So, We had our interview on April 27, 2016, and got the message on May 4, 2016, that the passport was ready to be picked up at the MBE we selected (MBE Megacentro). Right after he picked up passport, I made travel arrangements. I flew there and we both flew back together on May 13, 2016. So, basically, passport/visa was ready one week after interview.   

I had used an attorney, so she was the one that received the email from US Travel Docs stating that the passport/visa was ready for pickup at the designated location. 

Edited by phildinftlaudy

3 minutes ago, phildinftlaudy said:

I just went back over my dates....

So, We had our interview on April 27, 2016, and got the message on May 4, 2016, that the passport was ready to be picked up at the MBE we selected (MBE Megacentro). Right after he picked up passport, I made travel arrangements. I flew there and we both flew back together on May 13, 2016. So, basically, passport/visa was ready one week after interview.   

I had used an attorney, so she was the one that received the email from US Travel Docs stating that the passport/visa was ready for pickup at the designated location. 

We didn't get any emails at all he called today they told him that its at the embassy still that's what is frustuating me is the fact that they say one thing but so another thing...its a runaround 

1 minute ago, justus2017 said:

We didn't get any emails at all he called today they told him that its at the embassy still that's what is frustuating me is the fact that they say one thing but so another thing...its a runaround 

When they are telling him that it is at the embassy - are they saying that it is at the embassy ready for him to pick it up?  For various parts of the process, I had to be real clear with my partner exactly what to ask (so, in this situation, I would have said to him, call and ask the embassy if it is ready  --- and if they say it is here at the embassy, ask if you can come and pick it up). Of course, I am such a control freak, I would have probably called the embassy myself. lol

My partner (he's Dominican) is pretty passive... not assertive at all... and he will simply ask, take the first answer that is given, and not ask any follow up questions for clarity, etc....... So, I always have to guide him through doing that... Even now, with him here in States, I still have to do that... He simply accepts the first answer given... I don't.  :-)       

I know the process has slowed down a bit and there was the Thanksgiving break.... but, I would think that it should be at the MBE sometime this week for pickup.... (Did you elect to pick it up at an MBE or at the embassy?)  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.