Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2018 at 2:30 AM, Naes said:

Hellloooooooo Everyone :) 

June and July had a big update of case statuses yesterday.

They updated backdated approvals too. 

This is the details of work done in January (only updated cases)

June        July     Total
Jan W1 231 4 235
Jan W2 311 22 333
Jan W3 551 323 874
Total 1093 349 1442

I'm sure you can see how different it looks when they actually update things online!

We still have lots of cases (dates) that are not updated in the first part of June. 

But here are the latest view into every month!

June         July           Aug           Sept            Oct          Nov        Dec     Total
Approved 1317 263 13 6   1   1600
Received 1358 2941 3519 3176 3770 3304 3297 21365
Touched 996 206 139 129 128 67 27 1692
Excluded 370 386 404 287 244 205 185 2081
Total 4041 3796 4075 3598 4142 3577 3509 26738

The latest date they touched at the moment is July 14.

DISCLAIMER: Here on are my personal educated opinion.

Now my thoughts on this from watching how it flowed in the past is that hopefully they are going to change processing times to July 1 as of November 31. in order to let the June filers be able to officially start inquiries (I am really hoping of this even though I know it is not correct)

July is definitely going stronger than how April, May and June did. by having this much ahead with this many approvals in only 1 week didn't happen for a long time.

Please continue watching around carefully. For those in the September, please still do not put money on anything and watch for when and how August will start.

For everyone else, If I were you, before making firm plans I would watch for how things are going on 3 months ahead of you.

Even though there is improvement (looks like it) the improvement is not from a perfect place, this improvement still makes lots of July filers get to 200 days. And June filers are already 200+ days. NVC right now is taking about 40 days (although not for everyone). So when you are planning ahead keep all these in mind and calculate as if K1 will finish in 10-12 months.

Basically calculate the worst but hope for the best!! Because your positivity will keep you and your relationship healthy and happy!! But being realistic will save your sanity!

I'll be here with any other update if I get anything else during the weekends!

Good luck to all of us!

Thanks for the update! 

What does the "excluded" category include/mean? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, deepakchani said:

Thanks for the update! 

What does the "excluded" category include/mean? 

Not pending for action, the process either completed with other than an approval or (most of these) rejected at the start of the process due to wrong amount of money paid/didn't sign the form/filing incorrectly etc.

2 hours ago, Daniel P said:

Update of the graphs comparing May and June regarding the length of time from Received to Approved one month later (as to 01/20/2018), this time including July under the same conditions.

As a reminder, in the graphs below I try to compare what happened within the next 190 days after that last day of May, June and July 14th (last day with approvals) received cases. In order to see them clearer I put them together in pairs.

In that time, with a total of 1877, 818 and 243 approved cases (after removing some outliers) respectively:

• May had a global mean of 175.25 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 14.06 days.
  • June had a global mean of 186.05 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 9.16 days.
  • July had a global mean of 193.91 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 3.28 days.

Even if it doesn't look very good (way less approvals in the same period of time for July and also starting from 185+ days) just remember that, because of the holidays, they haven't worked the same number of days, and more importantly, haven't been very consistent updating approvals, which is why these results only apply to the information it comes from, the unreliable information updated by USCIS.

If they keep the rate of approvals seen in the last days, I believe we'll start seeing a clear improvement in the next one or two months. Let's hope!

5a64e2a5e028f_ComparisonMayJuneandJuly.thumb.png.10d644257afb9fa6538cfa8a7e2864d4.png

Amazing work as always! 

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Daniel P said:

Thanks!

I’m holding on , but wondered if “we” , well really “me” chose the wrong process..... my foreign fiancé has a lot mohr patience than I do!!  How is everyone doing December filers check -in!  Me daydreaming about the day he is here! Are their any filers in their late 50s or older?

catrina 

Edited by Cheschirecat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

I’m holding on , but wondered if “we” , well really “me” chose the wrong process..... my foreign fiancé has a lot mohr patience than I do!!  How is everyone doing December filers check -in!  Me daydreaming about the day he is here! Are their any filers in their late 50s or older?

catrina 

Hey not  we are in our early 50s but the heart ache is just the same. We lived together for 3 years before I moved to the USA and filed for our k1. I stupidly thought it would only take 6 months hahaha. Now that I am in the process I know it's much longer. However, we chat everyday and try to still do couple things (like watching the same movie, writing something we love about each other everyday and once a month have a internet date) corny as it may seem it helps me a lot. It's hard being away from someone you care about. But I'm using this time to get the house prepared and trying to make his transition once he arrives  as smooth as possible.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dgaines205 said:

Hey not  we are in our early 50s but the heart ache is just the same. We lived together for 3 years before I moved to the USA and filed for our k1. I stupidly thought it would only take 6 months hahaha. Now that I am in the process I know it's much longer. However, we chat everyday and try to still do couple things (like watching the same movie, writing something we love about each other everyday and once a month have a internet date) corny as it may seem it helps me a lot. It's hard being away from someone you care about. But I'm using this time to get the house prepared and trying to make his transition once he arrives  as smooth as possible.

That’s the most beautiful way to celebrate long distance love I have ever heard!!! Not corny at all!!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Beneficiary Dec 22 here. I've got a lot going on in my life right now (trying to sell my house ect) so I'm keeping busy. Besides that I am making lists of all the things I need for the interview and the AOS stage. I started learning for my drivers license and looking for the types of jobs available.

My fiancé and I talk every day at least an hour on the phone. We facetime when we have a chance and chat all throughout the day. The time difference makes it difficult (7 hours) but it also means he is able to tuck me into bed since that's the middle of his afternoon. And I am there to wish him a good morning when he wakes up.

And yes, the daydreaming sounds familiar :wub:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

December filer here (NAO1 on  15 Dec).  Has anyone been able to see their case status on the USCIS website?  From what I've read, some cases never are able to be accessed until they are approved, while others have updates along the way.  When I check, it continues to say it doesn't recognize the receipt number.  I've accepted this, but its frustrating that I can't link my case to my profile.  Anyone have different luck?

Happy waiting everyone :) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LoveBird said:

December filer here (NAO1 on  15 Dec).  Has anyone been able to see their case status on the USCIS website?  From what I've read, some cases never are able to be accessed until they are approved, while others have updates along the way.  When I check, it continues to say it doesn't recognize the receipt number.  I've accepted this, but its frustrating that I can't link my case to my profile.  Anyone have different luck?

Happy waiting everyone :) 

Never heard of it actually. Did you put it starting with WAC?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

@Naes Yes, I am entering the complete receipt number starting with WAC.  Here's a photo of what I see, its been like this the whole 40 days since I've received NAO1:

Status.thumb.jpg.5081d79e026b7d99b957090af62da1c7.jpg

And I've found a few other threads on VJ about this (for example), below.  So am I just one of the unlucky ones that can't check their status? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, LoveBird said:

@Naes Yes, I am entering the complete receipt number starting with WAC.  Here's a photo of what I see, its been like this the whole 40 days since I've received NAO1:

Status.thumb.jpg.5081d79e026b7d99b957090af62da1c7.jpg

And I've found a few other threads on VJ about this (for example), below.  So am I just one of the unlucky ones that can't check their status? 

And you are a k1 filer right? For fiancé?

I'll message you cause this is interesting maybe we can find the reason, I really never heard of it from a k1 filer

Edited by Naes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.