Sara.S

Please help! I was selected but don't have sponsor nor personal assets

5 posts in this topic

I was selected for further processing to apply for a diversity visa, however, i do not have anyone in the US to sponsor me nor do I have personal assests, the only choice left for me is to get a job offer but i do not know how i should proceed. I am an english lit undergrad student without professional experience and I do not know how i am supposed to find an offer that will wait for me to apply for the visa.

My only advantage are my languages (french arabic english).

I think you are misunderstanding the requirements of the visa. A DV does not require anyone to sponsor you or a job offer. If you have a reasonable education that will enable you to find a job and support yourself, you should be fine. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What are your plans when you enter the US, migration is not cheap, how will you fund your move?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...

You are relatively young. I know people who won and only had about 6- 8,000$ on their bank accounts when they had their GC- interview. All of them got approved. Can/could you take out a loan? Borrow money? I mean, you need some money to move - it is easier when young, in the sense of rent a cheap room, work whatever to get on your feet and so on - but you have to have some kind of plan. 

If this would be me, I would get a second job (bartending for example) to save as much money as possible till the interview and either take out a loan or borrow money from family/friends to have around 8-10,000$ on my bank account and a plan to pay it back within 2 years. 

Then I would pick a city/place where you want to move in the US and calculate how long that money would last without any income, put that in writing to show that you have a plan and know what you are doing. Look for jobs that could be a good fit for you on LinkedIn and what they pay vs. cost of living in that city. 

Good Luck

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 3:25 PM, Sara.S said:

I was selected for further processing to apply for a diversity visa, however, i do not have anyone in the US to sponsor me nor do I have personal assests, the only choice left for me is to get a job offer but i do not know how i should proceed. I am an english lit undergrad student without professional experience and I do not know how i am supposed to find an offer that will wait for me to apply for the visa.

My only advantage are my languages (french arabic english).

You won't need a sponsor or job offer for your immigrant visa. However you will some money to spend until you find a job. Now you could apply for your visa get it, go to the US activate it and get your actual green card. Than apply for a permit to be able to stay out of the US for 2 years and go back to your home country to finish your studies. (if getting your degree is important to you) 

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.