24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

The IR1/CR1 is a visa category that is assigned based on length of marriage. If you have been married less than 2 years AT THE DATE OF ENTRY for your spouse into the USA, your spouse receives what is known as a "conditional resident" green card. It is valid for 2 years, and 90 days prior to its expiration your spouse must apply to "Remove Conditions." 

If you have been married 2 years or longer at the time your spouse enters the USA, your spouse receives an IR1, or "Immediate Relative" green card that is valid for 10 years. 

You do not get to pick whether you apply for a CR1 or IR1,  and there is only one immigration visa process. You file the I-130, complete with the documents requested by USCIS and proof of bona fide marriage, and then once approved they forward your case to the National Visa Center/Department of State for further processing. Once you satisfy all of the NVC's requirements, they contact your spouse's local US consolate (which is generally determined by whatever you put in the I-130) and schedule an interview.

After the interview, if everything is satisfactory, a visa is given with either the IR1 or CR1 status. Even if you are given a CR1 visa, if you enter the US with the visa *after* the two year wedding anniversary, the actual GREEN CARD your spouse receives will be a 10 year green card.

Edited by Lee & Lei

1 hour ago, Lee & Lei said:

The IR1/CR1 is a visa category that is assigned based on length of marriage. If you have been married less than 2 years AT THE DATE OF ENTRY for your spouse into the USA, your spouse receives what is known as a "conditional resident" green card. It is valid for 2 years, and 90 days prior to its expiration your spouse must apply to "Remove Conditions." 

If you have been married 2 years or longer at the time your spouse enters the USA, your spouse receives an IR1, or "Immediate Relative" green card that is valid for 10 years. 

You do not get to pick whether you apply for a CR1 or IR1,  and there is only one immigration visa process. You file the I-130, complete with the documents requested by USCIS and proof of bona fide marriage, and then once approved they forward your case to the National Visa Center/Department of State for further processing. Once you satisfy all of the NVC's requirements, they contact your spouse's local US consolate (which is generally determined by whatever you put in the I-130) and schedule an interview.

After the interview, if everything is satisfactory, a visa is given with either the IR1 or CR1 status. Even if you are given a CR1 visa, if you enter the US with the visa *after* the two year wedding anniversary, the actual GREEN CARD your spouse receives will be a 10 year green card.

How can i prove are marriage is a bonafide marrage i read it only but it says i need thing in both are name etc what is the easy way?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Taysuz said:

How can i prove are marriage is a bonafide marrage i read it only but it says i need thing in both are name etc what is the easy way?

I don't understand your question. 

You are asked in the I-130 package to provide proof of a bona fide marriage. This means proof that your marriage is legitimate and not solely for immigration purposes. Such proof includes pictures of you and your spouse together, flight itineraries with both of your names on it, hotel vouchers with both of your names on it, any documents showing co-mingled financial assets, insurance policies featuring both you and your spouse, any property that you own together, etc. 

At this point I am starting to believe you are trolling -- the answers to many of your questions can easily be found by doing a little searching on these forums. There are many, many threads about the I-130 process, bona fide marriages, and IR1/CR1s. 

Edited by Lee & Lei

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lee & Lei said:

I don't understand your question. 

You are asked in the I-130 package to provide proof of a bona fide marriage. This means proof that your marriage is legitimate and not solely for immigration purposes. Such proof includes pictures of you and your spouse together, flight itineraries with both of your names on it, hotel vouchers with both of your names on it, any documents showing co-mingled financial assets, insurance policies featuring both you and your spouse, any property that you own together, etc. 

At this point I am starting to believe you are trolling -- the answers to many of your questions can easily be found by doing a little searching on these forums. There are many, many threads about the I-130 process, bona fide marriages, and IR1/CR1s. 

Agreed, the OP needs to do a little reading based on the answers already provided, then if they are legitimate, come back with questions as they fill out and file the forms.

To the OP, Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

OP, "please" and "thank you" will also help a lot on these forums. Remember the people here offering help are doing so in their own time, unpaid. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

7 hours ago, Taysuz said:

Evidence of a Bonafide Marriage 
The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonafide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:
1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or
2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or
3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or
4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or
5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

I copied and pasted this from the guide here on VJ (http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1). Did you read the guides like everyone here told you to? I will re-iterate, read the guides. There is no easy way in immigration, the sooner you understand that, the better. It takes time, effort, money and lots of patience. 

Edited by Mina90

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.