26 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Jones0987 said:

indeed. honestly i just want to get married so that we can work together, and also, i don't want him to feel bored sitting home for 90 days ... Hoping that the Dominican embassy doesn't mind much :) but i'll make sure I'm good before i cross that bridge...

It may be longer than 90 days if what you're applying for is a k1 visa. Me (I'm the beneficiary), I've been sitting on my butt for 4 months now waiting on my EAD so i can start working. Not expecting it until January next year. 

So you have to consider that too... prepare him mentally (and financially).

Edited by audacieux89

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

13 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Another vote for 2nd job. You have until March to find something.

Thank you Thank you :)

4 minutes ago, audacieux89 said:

It may be longer than 90 days if what you're applying for is a k1 visa. Me (I'm the beneficiary), I've been sitting on my butt for 4 months now waiting on my EAD so i can start working. Not expecting it until January next year. 

So you have to consider that too... prepare him mentally (and financially).

The petition has been already submitted. I have about 3 more months until NOA2

13 hours ago, Jones0987 said:

Absolutely, I'm def considering getting a new gig or a second gig...i truly don't want to have to ask anyone to sponsor... do you think they will ask for this yrs returns or next yrs (proof of employment etc) ...

They will most probably ask for next year's return. I would suggest you prepare all documents you might need to support your case... paychecks, assets, savings, etc.

They can request for a co sponsor during the interview if they deem that your finances are insufficient. 

5 minutes ago, Jones0987 said:

The petition has been already submitted. I have about 3 more months until NOA2

No i meant after your fiance  enters the US. He will not be able to work for at least 4 months. So prepare for that... He has to know what to expect and you as well...

Edited by audacieux89

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wasn't able to work for the first 8 months once I crossed the boarder while applying for AOS and waiting the approval of my GC.  (Although I think my case was longer than most.... they kept asking for RFE...LOTS of them!:blink:)

Something to think of and plan for when the K1 visa holder moves to the states...

Best of luck :)

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

2 hours ago, audacieux89 said:

They will most probably ask for next year's return. I would suggest you prepare all documents you might need to support your case... paychecks, assets, savings, etc.

They can request for a co sponsor during the interview if they deem that your finances are insufficient. 

Ok cool, I have my returns from the previous 3 yrs, but just in case, i will gather more info. Thank you!!

2 hours ago, audacieux89 said:

No i meant after your fiance  enters the US. He will not be able to work for at least 4 months. So prepare for that... He has to know what to expect and you as well...

Ah! ok gotcha... well we have discussed that matter, but if we get married sooner, we can move the process along quicker... we'll see once i cross that bridge.

55 minutes ago, Michelle13 said:

I wasn't able to work for the first 8 months once I crossed the boarder while applying for AOS and waiting the approval of my GC.  (Although I think my case was longer than most.... they kept asking for RFE...LOTS of them!:blink:)

Something to think of and plan for when the K1 visa holder moves to the states...

Best of luck :)

Oh wow, well i hope you are good to go now, and you can work!! but this is def something to consider.. we have had conversations about the working situation, so he knows and is prepared for anything at this point... i think if one can stick out waiting for NOA2, they can go through anything lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jones0987 said:

.. i think if one can stick out waiting for NOA2, they can go through anything lol

I don't want to burst your bubble here, but couples often find the period after moving in together to be the most difficult.  All those months of waiting and then there is a very challenging adjustment period to a new country and new culture.  I think your naivety is sweet here, because there are so many more struggles a couple can go through than just the wait, which will make that wait pale in comparison.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow - just wow.  All that just because someone tried to give you some advice.  When I was new here I listened to everyone who took the time to give me their opinion or advice.  Some things I probably didn't like but I said thank you and went on.  I got tons of good advice.  There is no reason to throw a tantrum when someone says something you don't like. 

21 minutes ago, Oliversmom said:

Wow - just wow.  All that just because someone tried to give you some advice.  When I was new here I listened to everyone who took the time to give me their opinion or advice.  Some things I probably didn't like but I said thank you and went on.  I got tons of good advice.  There is no reason to throw a tantrum when someone says something you don't like. 

I def said thanks to everyone for their opinion and or advice, but i wont let anyone call me out of my name and place negativity in my life. That just doesnt fly with me. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Several posts removed for attacking members trying to help, telling others not to post, or quoting such posts. As Op as received the answer to his question, this thread will remain locked. ****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.