Chevyja

F2a visa My son and I under administrative processing for 11 business days

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my interview on the  November 16 2017,my appointment was 7:30 and my husband ws visiting me and our son in jamaica so he attended the consulate interview with us at the us embassy in jamaica. Our case was approved and I was handed  a information sheet on my legals rights of immigrant  victims of domestic violence in the united states.we left and heck the ceac.state.gov website in a couple days to see me and my son under administrative  processing buy no documents were requested.anyone else share a similar exepetince and how long after did you recieve your pasdport with visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Everybody goes through AP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Ok thanks! I would like if everyone could keep me updated with their  ap process and share their experience with me so I don't feel so sad! I was not aware of this long process before and my husband really had plans that he would get to have his family for christmas! 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Chevyja said:

I had my interview on the  November 16 2017,my appointment was 7:30 and my husband ws visiting me and our son in jamaica so he attended the consulate interview with us at the us embassy in jamaica. Our case was approved and I was handed  a information sheet on my legals rights of immigrant  victims of domestic violence in the united states.we left and heck the ceac.state.gov website in a couple days to see me and my son under administrative  processing buy no documents were requested.anyone else share a similar exepetince and how long after did you recieve your pasdport with visa 

I am having a similar situation. Had my interview on the 7th and was approved but still in AP. Please go ahead and email the embassy to get an update. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My status updated again yesturday December 12,2017,that's like the 3rd update since december, i had my interview the 16  of november and the case was first updated the 20th of november,and change to dec-01-2017,then dec-07-2017 and then dec-12-2017 ,seems like progress.it still says it's in ap though.can anyone share how many time their status was updated before the visa was issued.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, Chevyja said:

My status updated again yesturday December 12,2017,that's like the 3rd update since december, i had my interview the 16  of november and the case was first updated the 20th of november,and change to dec-01-2017,then dec-07-2017 and then dec-12-2017 ,seems like progress.it still says it's in ap though.can anyone share how many time their status was updated before the visa was issued.

Good luck on being in AP. Me and my husband had our interview last yr. An was put in AP for a few months before we found out why. Then they gave him a yr ban because of previous admission from the past. So now where waiting on our 2nd interview date. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, wafelc said:

Hey Guys! 

I arrived to Ny today in the morning! Im finally here.....It only took probably half an hour or less to get through migration, Im finally home! Thank you all for your support, Hope you all get good news soon enough!

17 hours ago, Ms.F.Brown said:

Good luck on being in AP. Me and my husband had our interview last yr. An was put in AP for a few months before we found out why. Then they gave him a yr ban because of previous admission from the past. So now where waiting on our 2nd interview date. 

Thanks! I'm pretty confident I will hear something soon though,I feel it in my bones on a spiritual level.so sorry about the ban,may I ask what ca use it though

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chevyja said:

Thanks! I'm pretty confident I will hear something soon though,I feel it in my bones on a spiritual level.so sorry about the ban,may I ask what ca use it though

They asked him if he had ever smoked before in the past. He told them yes years ago. An they gave him a year ban for admission of previous use. So he had to do the medical and interview over again.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

is there any 2015 November filers who are still in administrative processing,or anyone who did an us embassy interview in november 2017 still in administrative processing. I have been in ap since November 20,2017 and I don't know what to do,totally stressed out

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/3/2017 at 10:53 AM, Chevyja said:

hey there,just an update

I am still in ap, I have had more than 7 updated date changes but nothing else, it's hard going st b it alone ,since I haven't been able to find any f2a filers in any thread,anyone stuck in ap for 5 months like myself,care to share? I had 2 updates since week ,yesturday and today, status didn't change though

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.