BackAndThereAgain

London DCF overview and question

21 posts in this topic

Good afternoon!

My husband had his interview yesterday at the US consulate in London, and was approved very quickly. It was an incredibly painless process made easier by helpful and friendly staff.

This whole process has been incredibly quick from petitioning to approval, and our personal timeline is as follows:

September 29th: Mailed I-130 with all required documents and credit card form.

October 2nd: Received NOA1 email

October 30th: received NOA2 approval

November 1st: received LND number

-as soon as we received this we checked, double-checked, and triple-checked what we needed/already had.

November 9th: booked interview and medical, submitted DS-260

November 21st: Medical at Knightsbridge- perfectly fine! 

December 1st: Had interview at embassy. APPROVED!!!!

As we are doing DCF and I have been living in England for four and a half years(I am a dual citizen), I needed to prove my intent to re-establish domicile. I provided:

-three years of tax returns

-a signed letter from my father stating that myself and my husband are going to be living with/working for him at his company

-my 4 week notice confirmation letter from my job

-an email from our letting agents confirming we are moving out of the property

This was COMPLETELY FINE! I was worried it wouldn't be enough, but the officer didn't even ask.

My only issue at present is that our CEAC status is now at 'Administrative Processing'. I am concerned as my husband was definitely approved, and the officer confirmed that we would receive the passport within 2 weeks.

We are due to be in Texas by Christmas.

Can anyone please confirm that I need not worry about this, and it may just be an in-between state until it is actually issued? Does this get updated over the weekend, or is it only updated Monday-Friday?

Thank you in advance!

Congratulations!

A day or two of administrative processing is normal after the interview. Every application goes through this. It's just a blanket term for all the admin that goes on after the interview: final security checks, creating the large packet that he will need to carry on the plane, printing the visa, etc. It won't update over the weekend. By Monday or Tuesday it should change to "issued". 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
44 minutes ago, BackAndThereAgain said:

November 1st: received LND number

Will you explain for others how this happened? Was it in a letter from London USCIS, letter from London consulate visa unit, or did you call somebody and ask? 

Agree that AP is routine processing unless it stays that way for weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Will you explain for others how this happened? Was it in a letter from London USCIS, letter from London consulate visa unit, or did you call somebody and ask? 

Agree that AP is routine processing unless it stays that way for weeks. 

Sorry, this was received in the post from the London Visa Unit. 

Thank you so much for your answers! Helped put my mind at ease.

Just an update, the CEAC status has been updated to Issued today!

We are arriving in Texas on the 18th!!!! 

huge thanks to this whole forum for helping us through this whole process.

I feel so glad for you ThereAndBackAgain!!!

May I ask please.....?

You said you sent a credit card form...

Was that the G1450 by any chance? 

Had you needed to ask London first to authorize this and was there a extra fee?

I'd so appreciate your help on this please. I'm worried.

So many thanks and super well done!!!

:clock:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Applying for IR1 through DCF London.

===============================

12/22/2017 Form i-130 posted!

DELAY: CHRISTMAS

12/28/2017 Notice of Receipt

DELAY: NEW YEAR

03/14/2018 Request For Evidence

03/28/2018 USCIS received Docs

DELAY: EASTER

04/17/2018 Petition I-130 Approved!

DELAY: SPONSOR CHANGE

05/10/2018 DS-260 Completed

07/16/2018 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/18/2018 Visa is being printed

07/23/2018 all posted and in my hand!

THANK GOD 🙋‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Sylv said:

I feel so glad for you ThereAndBackAgain!!!

May I ask please.....?

You said you sent a credit card form...

Was that the G1450 by any chance? 

Had you needed to ask London first to authorize this and was there a extra fee?

I'd so appreciate your help on this please. I'm worried.

So many thanks and super well done!!!

Hi there, it was indeed the USCIS Form G-1450: Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. This needed to be sent with the I-130 and we didn't need to contact the embassy to ensure this was actioned. The only extra fee may come from your bank as the amount comes out in dollars, but that is dependant on your bank. All you need to do is fill out the form and send it with the i130 and the rest of the documents! 

Hope this helps! Happy to answer any further questions :)

You're wonderful!!!!! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

:D:D:D

:clock:

Applying for IR1 through DCF London.

===============================

12/22/2017 Form i-130 posted!

DELAY: CHRISTMAS

12/28/2017 Notice of Receipt

DELAY: NEW YEAR

03/14/2018 Request For Evidence

03/28/2018 USCIS received Docs

DELAY: EASTER

04/17/2018 Petition I-130 Approved!

DELAY: SPONSOR CHANGE

05/10/2018 DS-260 Completed

07/16/2018 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/18/2018 Visa is being printed

07/23/2018 all posted and in my hand!

THANK GOD 🙋‍♂️

Another update for everyone! 

Today I received the email confirming that my husband's visa/passport is on its way, and is ready to pick up tomorrow(from Southampton) according to the tracking site.

Phew!!!!!

11 minutes ago, BackAndThereAgain said:

Today I received the email confirming that my husband's visa/passport is on its way, and is ready to pick up tomorrow(from Southampton) according to the tracking site.

Phew!!!!!

Congratulations!!!  :)

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

1 minute ago, Haltom Family said:

Congratulations!!!  :)

Thanks so much! Such a relief. My first Christmas back home in five years!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, BackAndThereAgain said:

Phew!!!!!

Hello,

Congratulations! I would like to asked can you do direct consular filling at the US embassy in London? 

We just got here,military wife.Thank you. Kay

7 hours ago, Kevin & Kay said:

Hello,

Congratulations! I would like to asked can you do direct consular filling at the US embassy in London? 

We just got here,military wife.Thank you. Kay

Hi! Yes, you can absolutely do this through London embassy(this is where you will need to send off the petition) as this is how we did it. Any other questions let me know!

• 5 months later...

Hello!

Great to hear that your process was so smooth. I am about to hand in my initial I-130 docs in London, but unsure on whether to include relationship evidence or not? How did you go about this?

I have read in the Visajourney guide that London doesn't require any evidence before the interview, but contradictory accounts elsewhere, so now I'm very unsure about what to do! 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, ThereL said:

Hello!

Great to hear that your process was so smooth. I am about to hand in my initial I-130 docs in London, but unsure on whether to include relationship evidence or not? How did you go about this?

I have read in the Visajourney guide that London doesn't require any evidence before the interview, but contradictory accounts elsewhere, so now I'm very unsure about what to do! 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Hello! How exciting for you. We did provide evidence with the initial application just to be safe. We provided photos from our wedding, screenshots from facebook posts/our engagement announcement, etc. It wasnt required, but we preferred to be over-prepared rather than under.

Hope all goes well for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.