mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

She did not and I didn't want to be too forward in asking, I tend to be a little shy.  So, we just kept checking the DHS website for updates and after almost 4 weeks the site updated to say "We are producing your card" and, 3 days after that update, it updated to say "We have approved your case".  It seems a little backwards to me to show an approval after already saying the card is being produced but I've seen that happen to others here as well.  If your IO doesn't tell you that you are approved and you aren't comfortable directly asking, you could do what I did and ask some leading questions to try and gauge which way they are leaning.  The questions I asked were something like "Assuming everything is okay with today, can you explain how Removal of Conditions will work?" and "Since the current Social Security card says only valid with DHS authorization, should we get a new one once we receive the Green Card?" and "I think somewhere I read in the instructions that USCIS will register with Selective Service as a part of this process.  Just to be sure, and to avoid any issues in the future and assuming everything looks good after today, should we just go ahead and register?".  Based on how she answered these questions, I could tell that she was leaning towards approval because she responded with answers like "When you receive your green card you should....".  Again, if I was more forward I could have asked, and we had a really good rapport with the IO so I think she would have answered honestly or given the usual "I need to review the case further and you will receive notification in the future but right now everything looks okay" answer, but depending on your personality and the IO, you might have to take the roundabout way :-)

Gotcha. Thank you for sharing your experience! I am eager to go back to work so my attorney encouraged me to ask for the stamp, of course depending on how well the interview goes... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/13/2018 at 9:39 AM, RaptureSongbird said:

She did not and I didn't want to be too forward in asking, I tend to be a little shy.  So, we just kept checking the DHS website for updates and after almost 4 weeks the site updated to say "We are producing your card" and, 3 days after that update, it updated to say "We have approved your case".  It seems a little backwards to me to show an approval after already saying the card is being produced but I've seen that happen to others here as well.  If your IO doesn't tell you that you are approved and you aren't comfortable directly asking, you could do what I did and ask some leading questions to try and gauge which way they are leaning.  The questions I asked were something like "Assuming everything is okay with today, can you explain how Removal of Conditions will work?" and "Since the current Social Security card says only valid with DHS authorization, should we get a new one once we receive the Green Card?" and "I think somewhere I read in the instructions that USCIS will register with Selective Service as a part of this process.  Just to be sure, and to avoid any issues in the future and assuming everything looks good after today, should we just go ahead and register?".  Based on how she answered these questions, I could tell that she was leaning towards approval because she responded with answers like "When you receive your green card you should....".  Again, if I was more forward I could have asked, and we had a really good rapport with the IO so I think she would have answered honestly or given the usual "I need to review the case further and you will receive notification in the future but right now everything looks okay" answer, but depending on your personality and the IO, you might have to take the roundabout way :-)

Congratulations! Glad to see your case is going smoothly! :) 

28 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Congratulations! Glad to see your case is going smoothly! :) 

Thank you!  Status updated over night to "We shipped your card" so now just waiting for its arrival.  I've been checking in here as well and see that you are getting closer.  I hope everything wraps up for you soon too!

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Just got out of the interview.... and would like to share the good news!! We are approved! :) Had such a nice interviewer, very understanding and he even gave me I-551 stamp on my passport so I can start working. Status changed to new card is being produced. This has been a long journey and thank you everyone on this forum for all the encouragements and support! It really helped my sanity. Just FYI, EAD/AP were not approved, and after today's interview, both were cancelled as I-485 was approved. Good luck to the rest of y'all!

Timeline
1 hour ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Thank you!  Status updated over night to "We shipped your card" so now just waiting for its arrival.  I've been checking in here as well and see that you are getting closer.  I hope everything wraps up for you soon too!

Hi - I've been stalking all the February 2017 i-129f  filers that I started this journey with - just to see how people are moving along.

First of all, congrats!!

Second, I am blown away at how quick things moved along for you - Feb - June is pretty impressive..... considering others have been waiting for much longer.

Did you do anything special or did things just work in your favor?:D

16 hours ago, JayeBird said:

Hi - I've been stalking all the February 2017 i-129f  filers that I started this journey with - just to see how people are moving along.

First of all, congrats!!

Second, I am blown away at how quick things moved along for you - Feb - June is pretty impressive..... considering others have been waiting for much longer.

Did you do anything special or did things just work in your favor?:D

Hey!  Good to see you again!  Thank you very much, we're excited that the green card is arriving soon.

We didn't do anything special at all.  To be honest, even we are surprised at how quickly this worked out for us.  We went from submission to interview in 3 months and then from interview to green card received in 1 month (roughly, it's not here yet, but we'll still say only 1 month :-)  I honestly don't know how this worked out for us, we had our interview in Chicago, which tends to be an office that takes a long time to process through.  It was just pure luck, I think, that helped us move through so quickly as I know people who applied well before us, in other offices and even in Chicago, are still waiting.  In the Feb 2018 AOS topic there hasn't been much activity either besides a couple of us, so we certainly feel very lucky about our progress.  Good luck to you and I hope things move quickly for you as well!

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Hey guys, so I did request to have my employment authorization document expedited based on the severe financial loss category to a company since I have a job offer from the company and then got 3 updates yesterday on my case status with this the most recent, ' 'on June 18, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number MSC*** was completed.' I've been wondering what this could mean a denial or approval. Anyone with similar experiences please advise. Thanks!

I can only speak for my experience; I've requested an expedite as well and also received the same update as yours. I received a letter that said somewhere along the lines of "we received your request for expedite, your case is currently under review, you will receive a notice of further action or decision shortly". Then, I never received anything after that, exhausted all my resources, and luckily got my green card interview and approval. EAD/AP were cancelled after i received an approval for my i-485/i-130. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Me and her said:

Hello all!  Just had our Charlotte, NC adjustment of status interview!  We were approved!  Good luck to all those still waiting!

Congratulations! That's great news!

On 6/11/2018 at 7:13 PM, Peot said:

Case status was updated on May 7th that they were ready to schedule an appointment.

Called USCIS today to ask what the timeline was. 11 - 24 month wait at Detroit for interviews. Super jealous of anyone here who already had their scheduled, attended, and green cards obtained. 

I just got my interview notice in the mail today! Scheduled for August 2nd. Guess their 11-24 month wait was actually 3 months?

Online, their processing times (for Detroit) say they're running cases from May of 2016, so that info is clearly way outdated or just wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Happy JULY 04th fellas! This goes specifically  to our US citizen spouses!:jest: #IndependenceDay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I got my EAD/AP in May but no news on GC. We have not got any letter for interview. Does everyone necessarily  gets an interview because I remember reading somewhere that it’s 50-50. My husband recently lost his job and we are currently on unemployment. Will that change anything? He already made more than $30k in the first 5 months of 2018. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 3:08 PM, Riya said:

Hi all,

I got my EAD/AP in May but no news on GC. We have not got any letter for interview. Does everyone necessarily  gets an interview because I remember reading somewhere that it’s 50-50. My husband recently lost his job and we are currently on unemployment. Will that change anything? He already made more than $30k in the first 5 months of 2018. 

Hello,

For the GC interview, the waiting depends on your field office and how busy it is. 

Yes, now I will say 95% of the people get an interview, whether K1 or H1 etc, it used to be 50-50 for K1s, but it was changed by the new administration. There are still a few lucky people that do not get an interview; I would say those are very rare, prepare for the interview and if not thank God.

For your husband's job it does not affect the process for now, but if by the interview he is still not working you will have to update the affidavit i-864.

But again depending on your field office, your interview could be months away, especially in Texas the wait is usually 12-18 months to get an interview.

Good luck

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Nouchigang said:

Hello,

For the GC interview, the waiting depends on your field office and how busy it is. 

Yes, now I will say 95% of the people get an interview, whether K1 or H1 etc, it used to be 50-50 for K1s, but it was changed by the new administration. There are still a few lucky people that do not get an interview; I would say those are very rare, prepare for the interview and if not thank God.

For your husband's job it does not affect the process for now, but if by the interview he is still not working you will have to update the affidavit i-864.

But again depending on your field office, your interview could be months away, especially in Texas the wait is usually 12-18 months to get an interview.

Good luck

Thank you!!

That clear up things a lot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.