mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

I sent in the AOS packet for my wife on 11/29 and they received it on 12/4. But my check hasn't been cashed nor has she seen any email or text messages. So I am a little anxious now.

Got married Dec 5 on a K1 and submitted my wife's AOS, EAD, and AP DEc 8th! Wish us luck! Hoping to get the NOA 1 before Xmas!

Hey guys!  Me again!  I'm hoping to get this all done today so I'm frantically double and triple checking my work.  Can anyone answer the following:

-Where do I find the A number?  It asks for it all over every form, but always says "if any"  FYI, we are K1 and my husband arrived in the US on 11/21 so we haven't done anything except get married and get a SSN.  

-What about a USCIS ELIS number?  

-For the Application for Travel Document, which box do I check?  I have heard this document referred to as Advanced Parole, but it looks like that is it's own box completely.  I'm stuck between 1a which is "I a a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States and am applying fr a reentry permit" and noxx 1d which is "I am applying for advanced parole to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel"  

thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
12 hours ago, spike198 said:

Hey guys!  Me again!  I'm hoping to get this all done today so I'm frantically double and triple checking my work.  Can anyone answer the following:

-Where do I find the A number?  It asks for it all over every form, but always says "if any"  FYI, we are K1 and my husband arrived in the US on 11/21 so we haven't done anything except get married and get a SSN.  

-What about a USCIS ELIS number?  

-For the Application for Travel Document, which box do I check?  I have heard this document referred to as Advanced Parole, but it looks like that is it's own box completely.  I'm stuck between 1a which is "I a a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States and am applying fr a reentry permit" and noxx 1d which is "I am applying for advanced parole to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel"  

thanks again!

- You can find your Alien number on visa, or your i-129f approval notice, if i am not wrong.

-I don't have Elis number, so i don't know anything about it:(

-in instruction of i-131 form, page 4/15, it is indicated that you must select item number 1.d in part 2 if you have pending application of i-485.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Gravlax

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Timeline

I received e-mail and texts for my 3 cases. But, in "check my case status" page, numbers cannot be found. Is it a general problem, or do i have to wait longer in order them to be on the system? Any ideas?

Removal of Conditions

On 12/5/2017 at 4:03 PM, Fibina said:

I applied for a SSN last Tuesday and had it in the mail today (one week later). It is free to apply for it and the VJ info on it is very good: http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn.

Just got my three text messages and email now

Edited by aayy

im filing for aos

sent my application through ups on 30th november

got notification that my application was recieved in Chicago on monday 4th dec

uscis just sent a 3 confirmation emails and 3 confirmation sms that my application was recieved by 11:55pm monday dec 12th!

6 hours ago, Gravlax said:

I received e-mail and texts for my 3 cases. But, in "check my case status" page, numbers cannot be found. Is it a general problem, or do i have to wait longer in order them to be on the system? Any ideas?

yes wait a couple of days to see your status updated

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

8 hours ago, Gravlax said:

Yep, it can take some time. In my case, it took five days after receiving the texts/emails.

Timeline
5 hours ago, mighty836 said:

yes wait a couple of days to see your status updated

4 hours ago, N&K said:

Yep, it can take some time. In my case, it took five days after receiving the texts/emails.

Thank you. I didn't have to wait that much. It shows now.

Removal of Conditions

Do you guys think is better to do the social security by myself or just check the box in the aos and have them do that part?

do we need this card for anything else other than work?  In my case it would only be updating the last name, since I already have a ssn from when I was here on a J1

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Just sent my AOS package via USPS 2-day.. Im feeling a little anxious just going over everything I sent in my head..

Good luck to all of us!! Let the waiting game begin! :P

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

1 hour ago, logisticamente said:

Just sent my AOS package via USPS 2-day.. Im feeling a little anxious just going over everything I sent in my head..

Good luck to all of us!! Let the waiting game begin! :P

Us too!  I was so afraid we missed something.  We had challenges completing the applications on the computer so I ended up writing them out and I was so worried they might not be able to read what I wrote.  Oh well!  We sent it off yesterday.  Here we go again!  :)  

I had no clue about the alien registration number being on the 797, i left it blank on the Aos forms!!!... everyone i talked to said it was on the green card under uscis #! Oh well, hopefully we at least get the noa1 and an RFE later.

4 hours ago, rhealy6322 said:

I had no clue about the alien registration number being on the 797, i left it blank on the Aos forms!!!... everyone i talked to said it was on the green card under uscis #! Oh well, hopefully we at least get the noa1 and an RFE later.

OMG, I struggled with that one for a bit and finally was told where it was on the 797, even though it doesn't reference it being an A number or anything remotely close to that!  But I did speak to our old attorney and he said it doesn't really matter if it's on the form

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.