AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, KateWB said:

After 15 minutes on hold spoke with the NVC

Our case has been received finally last week. Making it exactly 7 weeks for them to receive our case from the USCIS

Case number and Invoice number in hand 😁

whats an invoice number for? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Just got off the phone with NVC and they gave me our case and invoice numbers😁. I was informed that my petition was placed under administrative processing. What is that about? I asked the representative and he said they will pull cases at random before sending to the embassy to make sure all is well, however I'm still a but uneasy about it. Can anyone give me some insight on this whole thing?

hey, we called to ask about a Radom Email we got. also she said every k1 visa goes under administrative processing. They do background check on your fiancé and yourself before they ship it out to the embassy but she said its normal. and not to worry so im sure you're in the same situation. It wasn't a random test. She definitely said, so your case is here, we assign a number , then we do administrative processing, then forward it to the embassy of your choice 

Timeline
Just now, KateWB said:

So you can log in to the CEAC site and pay for the affidavit etc 

You don’t need to pay anything for a k1. It’s paid directly to the embassy or on the embassy online website . Are you on a k1 visa

So you can log in to the CEAC site and pay for the affidavit etc 

You take the affidavit with you to the embassy 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Just got off the phone with NVC and they gave me our case and invoice numbers😁. I was informed that my petition was placed under administrative processing. What is that about? I asked the representative and he said they will pull cases at random before sending to the embassy to make sure all is well, however I'm still a but uneasy about it. Can anyone give me some insight on this whole thing?

This maybe useful for everyone 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

You don’t need to pay anything for a k1. It’s paid directly to the embassy or on the embassy online website . Are you on a k1 visa? 

You take the affidavit with you to the embassy 

Yes but my fiance the petitioner completes that and has to pay the fee. I have no dealings with that other than taking a copy to the interview.

Timeline

Yes but my fiance the petitioner completes that and has to pay the fee. I have no dealings with that other than taking a copy to the interview.

No, a k1 visa is filed and paid for tie USCIS . Then they process your case. 

Noa2 received 

NVC case number received. 

You then use the case number to make your medical appointment and your interview date and file the ds-160 (free) 

you pay the fee for the medical at your center and the interview fee at the embassy or online depending on your country . You don’t pay for anything else .

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

No, a k1 visa is filed and paid for tie USCIS . Then they process your case. 

Noa2 received 

NVC case number received. 

You then use the case number to make your medical appointment and your interview date and file the ds-160 (free) 

you pay the fee for the medical at your center and the interview fee at the embassy or online depending on your country . You don’t pay for anything else .

Yes Andy, that is information I already know. 

The case number and Invoice are also for CEAC log in by the petitioner to complete the Affidavit of support. There is a fee for this. Go to uscis... The information is all there in black and white 

Timeline

The case number and Invoice are also for CEAC log in by the petitioner to complete the Affidavit of support. There is a fee for this. Go to uscis... The information is all there in black and white 

well can you send me the link? as I have different information 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

well can you send me the link? as I have different information 

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) Processing

Immigrant visa applicants in some countries use a Department of State online application center to submit required fees, forms, and documents to the National Visa Center (NVC) for review. This tool is called the Consular Electronic Application Center, or CEAC. It's secure, easy to use, and faster than the traditional mail-in ...

Timeline
11 minutes ago, KateWB said:

its ok I called the nvc. they don't normally need invoice numbers for K1 visas, sometimes they slip thru the system or process your case by accident as a CR-1. I asked if I need one, she said no. you definitely don't use it. You just need the Case number for logging onto the CEAC website and also you just take the Affidavit of support from to the embassy with you. you only pay and submit that form if you're on a CR-1 visa. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KateWB said:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) Processing

Immigrant visa applicants in some countries use a Department of State online application center to submit required fees, forms, and documents to the National Visa Center (NVC) for review. This tool is called the Consular Electronic Application Center, or CEAC. It's secure, easy to use, and faster than the traditional mail-in ...

thank you for the Links. It says DS-260 files. K1 visas use DS-160 file. Its free and online. You've been reading about AOS and CR-1 visas 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

thank you for the Links. It says DS-260 files. K1 visas use DS-160 file. Its free and online. You've been reading about AOS and CR-1 visas 

anyway thanks for the links. Ill keep mine as DS-160 form and following the NVC . I understand everyones visa is different. But thanks for the Chats 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Andy davies said:

hey, we called to ask about a Radom Email we got. also she said every k1 visa goes under administrative processing. They do background check on your fiancé and yourself before they ship it out to the embassy but she said its normal. and not to worry so im sure you're in the same situation. It wasn't a random test. She definitely said, so your case is here, we assign a number , then we do administrative processing, then forward it to the embassy of your choice 

Thank you so much for this response and it makes sense. My fiance is from what's considered to be a"high risk" country so I can understand the investigating. I fell much better now, thank you. Oh one more thing, should we pay the visa fee before getting notification from NVC about the AP? 

Edited by ONEBADKATT
Additional question

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.