AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Does this mean that anyone approved in early december has at least a month of waiting ahead of them? It's hard to believe that they haven't given a single case number to anyone approved in November :unsure:

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Meech said:

Does this mean that anyone approved in early december has at least a month of waiting ahead of them? It's hard to believe that they haven't given a single case number to anyone approved in November :unsure:

I wondered this as well. Dec 7th here!

Im keeping a very close eye on shoegums list and hoping many take the time to fill it in once they get their NOA2.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Meech said:

How do we know no one in November has been assigned an nvc number yet?

do we know the last date to get nvc numbers?

Timeline
1 minute ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Some may not read the forums so they may not see shoegum's NVC spreadsheet - but go to this timeline in the link, click on 'enable advanced mode' and then sort by NVC Received.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=&op1=&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=&op6=All

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Meech said:

Indeed it’s very possible.. May and June had a lot of K-1 petitioners. In the past NVC stage took 2 weeks on average. So if I would get approved early December I would expect NVC receive in January (Christmas and New Years - extra holidays and days off).

I’m tracking our doc and general timeline on VJ and no November fillers updated timeliness so far. So I guess the info I got yesterday is probably true. Hopefully before Friday they will start processing November :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I haven't seen anyone on these forums that's been approved in November get the number according to the timelines :unsure:

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Meech said:

I haven't seen anyone on these forums that's been approved in November get the number according to the timelines :unsure:

As far as I see nothing is going accroding to their timelines. My case is a prime example ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

November 10th approval.....it looks like it is taking around 47 days but I expect that will be more now that the Holiday Season is here, all will slow down :( 

Timeline

I’m so grateful for thisVJ family. 

From one step to the next, it’s beyond words how I feel about having others who can relate to me.

❤️

Hey guys, I shared this already in the May filers group, but I'll share it here too in case some of you didn't see: 

Ok just got a call back from a very nice tier 2 officer (last name Lopez), he gave me more information than most of the tier 2 officers I've spoken with and was very sympathetic to our situation. I'll summarize as completely as possible: 

- Not to worry, no cases around our time were sent to a "california visa center" (don't think there is such a thing, he said he thought the person here who quoted that may have been referring to the California service center by mistake

- For my case at least (and most likely all others around my approval time NOA2 Nov 2), the I-129F is still sitting at CSCit has not been mailed yet

- He said in the system he can see that it has cleared all steps at CSC, and is only waiting to be mailed

- He said while this wait time of 6+ weeks is unusually long, we are all in the same boat, and it is the average time for the time being

- He said he believes that the petitions should arrive at NVC before the holidays

- He also issued a request to CSC to actually send the petitions to NVC

- He said to not worry about petitions expiring, because CSC will issue another approval with a later date if a petition is close to expiring due to slowdowns/backlogs on their end. He said he doesn't anticipate this happening though, and that all of ours should arrive at NVC before this happens.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else in the same boat. I'm going to cool it on calling NVC every day probably until next week. Since all of our petitions are just sitting at CSC, it's not of any use to keep bugging NVC and keep getting the same answer. I"ll probably try again on Monday just to see if it arrived, but am still not going to get my hopes up. 

14 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Hey guys, I shared this already in the May filers group, but I'll share it here too in case some of you didn't see: 

Ok just got a call back from a very nice tier 2 officer (last name Lopez), he gave me more information than most of the tier 2 officers I've spoken with and was very sympathetic to our situation. I'll summarize as completely as possible: 

- Not to worry, no cases around our time were sent to a "california visa center" (don't think there is such a thing, he said he thought the person here who quoted that may have been referring to the California service center by mistake

- For my case at least (and most likely all others around my approval time NOA2 Nov 2), the I-129F is still sitting at CSCit has not been mailed yet

- He said in the system he can see that it has cleared all steps at CSC, and is only waiting to be mailed

- He said while this wait time of 6+ weeks is unusually long, we are all in the same boat, and it is the average time for the time being

- He said he believes that the petitions should arrive at NVC before the holidays

- He also issued a request to CSC to actually send the petitions to NVC

- He said to not worry about petitions expiring, because CSC will issue another approval with a later date if a petition is close to expiring due to slowdowns/backlogs on their end. He said he doesn't anticipate this happening though, and that all of ours should arrive at NVC before this happens.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else in the same boat. I'm going to cool it on calling NVC every day probably until next week. Since all of our petitions are just sitting at CSC, it's not of any use to keep bugging NVC and keep getting the same answer. I"ll probably try again on Monday just to see if it arrived, but am still not going to get my hopes up. 

Hi, Thank you for sharing. so does it mean that the expiring date of the approval applies only to the NVC to process ? meaning you don't need to schedule the interview at the embassy prior to the approval expiration date?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LucyG289 said:

Hey guys 

Not posted for a little bit now, been in the new NVC struggle...but wanted to share that we just spoke to them and they confirmed our number just now!!!! Our NOA2 date was 30th October so believe some movement is finally here for everyone who is waiting!!! YIPEEEEEE

For those still waiting, wishing you the best of luck and sending positive vibes for both NOA2 and NVC numbers!

Will keep everyone updated on next steps as anxious to see how quickly things look in London for medical and interview. 

Thank you always for your support you wonderful people :D

PS @Shoegum have updated your list so hopefully this all helps for the tracking 

Yay! An Oct 30th reporting she got her NVC number! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.