AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Anita27 said:

Ohh yes! a year and half :( that was really hard but what to do. We had already lost our hope but finally got the approval! thank you! wish you good luck!

I hope this stage will go quicker!

Omg did they ever tell you why it took so long at USCIS? Good luck to you as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
2 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

Omg did they ever tell you why it took so long at USCIS? Good luck to you as well. 

To all our inquries the answer was that the case was on hold because of the security check. But in fact everything was fine with us. I have no idea why it took almost 1 year and half for the check to be cleared! 

Timeline

Hey guys, does anyone know where we can see an example of a completed  I-134 for reference? I checked the link on VJ on completed forms for K1, but the I-134 link is just a blank form. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
11 hours ago, Shoegum said:

Fill out the following if you haven't already

NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you Shoegum, once again for your efforts. I filled out the NVC sheet.

As of today, I am at day 40. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Shoegum said:

NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

@bcoakley06

Timeline

Anybody hear from NVC today? Guys, I have a question about NVC for K1? Do we actually have to send NVC anything or are we just waiting for a case number? We got an email from our lawyer with a list of next steps and I swear he must be on crack because I don’t think we have to do all this if we filed a K1. He’s saying we’re gonna need to fill out i864, pay IV and AOS fees. He says there are fees we need to pay the NVC before the case gets sent down to the embassy. That all sounds like paperwork for a spouse visa. Am I right? No mention from him on the I-134. I can’t find anywhere what it is that they actually do at the NVC stage for k1 visas. VJ has an awesome outline for the NVC part of the CR-1 process but I don’t really see anything other than “NVC assigns a case number and sends it down”. Anybody shed a light on me?

3 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

Anybody hear from NVC today? Guys, I have a question about NVC for K1? Do we actually have to send NVC anything or are we just waiting for a case number? We got an email from our lawyer with a list of next steps and I swear he must be on crack because I don’t think we have to do all this if we filed a K1. He’s saying we’re gonna need to fill out i864, pay IV and AOS fees. He says there are fees we need to pay the NVC before the case gets sent down to the embassy. That all sounds like paperwork for a spouse visa. Am I right? No mention from him on the I-134. I can’t find anywhere what it is that they actually do at the NVC stage for k1 visas. VJ has an awesome outline for the NVC part of the CR-1 process but I don’t really see anything other than “NVC assigns a case number and sends it down”. Anybody shed a light on me?

No you do not pay NVC any fees and you do not have to fill out 864, only the i 134. The AOS is after your approval and you are married.  NVC assigns a case number to it after reviewing it and additional checks then sends to embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/3/2017 at 8:41 PM, Shoegum said:

Is it possible to add the beneficiary’s country of origin to see if they are specific time trends with certain countries?

Just a thought...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Is it possible to add the beneficiary’s country of origin to see if they are specific time trends with certain countries?

Just a thought...

Agreed! 

Thanks for putting it together @Shoegum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.