MarksMate

Vaccination help!! No vaccination record.

16 posts in this topic

So I was born in South Africa and had most of the required vaccinations done there.

At 17 I moved to New Zealand. Somewhere along the line my record got lost. 

Now I've been to my Dr with the vaccination list for US to do the titre test as I need a form to take to the lab,but it doesn't seem to test for them? How do O go about everything?

This is an image of what my Dr can send to the lab to request immunity of.

received_10210397873011336.jpeg

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

So I was born in South Africa and had most of the required vaccinations done there.

Now I've been to my Dr with the vaccination list for US to do the titre test as I need a form to take to the lab,but it doesn't seem to test for them? How do O go about everything?

It's ok. 

I lost all all my records when I was moving to japan :) they(this they is the hospital that does medical exam for US) are going to do a blood test to check your immunity. It will cost a little extra but it's a really normal procedures for them. Also letting them do this is better because there are different types of Titre tests and they know which one shows even with the lowest amount.

call and ask your med exam place for the visa if they do it just in case (maybe it works different for Japan)

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vaccinations aren’t a requirement at K1 stage but they are at AOS stage. It’s just cheaper to get them done outside of the US than it is to deal with it at AOS.

Edited by June2017UK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes ask to get a titres test to check and get what ones you then still need. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
31 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Btw I also realized you don't need all of these. Please check your age group, you probably need only 5 of them and if you had chicken pox you should tell them so you won't have to test.

First find the vaccinations your age group needs.

then only research on those.

all titre tests are different and also different type is done for different disease to get the best results. So first let's find the tests you need :) 

17 minutes ago, Naes said:

Btw I also realized you don't need all of these. Please check your age group, you probably need only 5 of them and if you had chicken pox you should tell them so you won't have to test.

First find the vaccinations your age group needs.

then only research on those.

all titre tests are different and also different type is done for different disease to get the best results. So first let's find the tests you need :) 

I'm 27, so all on the list. 

I know don't need all of those on that list from my Dr office but there are some on the US list that is not on my Drs list.

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

I know don't need all of those on that list from my Dr office but there are some on the US list that is not on my Drs list.

I'm 31 so we must have same ones. 

What I did is I paid all those money to make it outside and even though I know I had some of those diseases (oh I remember the pain) in a lower form as I was vaccinated, it didn't show up. Cause with some tests they want a higher amount of something (can't remember the name in English)

and then I. Called my medical exam place and asked them, they said "we use what we call here is igg hi method with Elisa, so it shows even if it's really low but you had it" 

so if I were you I would call them and ask if they do it, how long it takes for results and how much it costs, and the types of tests. The. You can research for a place or ask your doctor where you can find these (I know it must be different then here but I'm sure you can ask them)

*some of them wasn't on my doctors list too, so I used 2-3 different doctors... yet my money is not coming back... and nor the huge amount of blood they took from me 😭😭😭

Edited by Naes

I didn't have my vaccination records, but when I went to the hospital the embassy said to go to, and they did everything and gave me the required vaccinations and everything worked fine.

Edited by abe&kari

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
21 hours ago, MarksMate said:

My fiancé just had his medical in Kenya he had no record. They only required him to get MMR, varicella, influenza, tetanus, and diphtheria. 

NOA1 Received Date: April 27th, 2017

NOA1 Notice Date: May 1st, 2017

RFE email notice: September 25th, 2017

RFE hardcopy received: September 28th, 2017

USCISs Response to RFE received: September 29th, 2017

NOA2: October 10th, 2017

NVC Received and Case Number Assigned: October 24th, 2017

NVC Left and Consulate Received: October 26th, 2017

Medical Exam: November 7th, 2017

Interview: December 5th, 2017 APPROVED

Visa on hand: December 8th, 2017

POE (LAX): December 12th, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, MarksMate said:

You don't need all on the list. Only those that are considered age-appropriate. At 27, that's just MMR, Tdap, varicella (if you haven't had chicken pox - no proof required - they'll take your word for it), and influenza (in flu season only). Titre tests can be slow, expensive, and unreliable. It's usually easiest (quick and cheap, too) just to get revaccinated.

See the CDC chart for details.

Edited by broppy
Add link

2 minutes ago, broppy said:

You don't need all on the list. Only those that are considered age-appropriate. At 27, that's just MMR, Tdap, varicella (if you haven't had chicken pox - no proof required - they'll take your word for it), and influenza (in flu season only). Titre tests can be slow, expensive, and unreliable. It's usually easiest (quick and cheap, too) just to get revaccinated.

See the CDC chart for details.

I've had all of those as a child and have my flu shot each year  but if it's easier I'll do it again. Titre tests are expensive!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

I've had all of those as a child and have my flu shot each year  but if it's easier I'll do it again. Titre tests are expensive!!

It's much easier! Just get the 2-4 shots you need and a letter/form/card from the doc or nurse - whatever they usually provide. The panel physician is used to seeing locally acceptable proof of vaccination.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 25/11/2017 at 1:24 PM, MarksMate said:

@MarksMate can you confirm which vaccinations you ended up getting? We are now trying to figure out the same thing.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

4 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

@MarksMate can you confirm which vaccinations you ended up getting? We are now trying to figure out the same thing.

I actually just got them done today. I got MMR ( Measels, mumps, rubella), Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria and Petussis), Varicella and Flu which I had back in June so it's still on my record. It's SO much cheaper through your gp. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.