Allamanda

how long is FB-1 taking to process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I love the way questions and responses are given here.  I am from Nigeria, my mom filed for us her children over 21 yrs at vermont center on August 2013 which is our priority date. I know it sounds like yesterday, but we are yet to receive NOA2 . Which category are they processing now and how long more do we have to wait. Thank you

Edited by Allamanda

5 minutes ago, Allamanda said:

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I love the way questions and responses are given here.  I am from Nigeria, my mom filed for us her children over 21 yrs on August 2013 at vermont center which is our priority date. I know it sounds like yesterday, but we are yet to receive NOA2 . Which category are they processing now and how long more do we have to wait. Thank you

Is your mom a U.S. citizen or an LPR?  

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Allamanda said:

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and I love the way questions and responses are given here.  I am from Nigeria, my mom filed for us her children over 21 yrs at vermont center on August 2013 which is our priority date. I know it sounds like yesterday, but we are yet to receive NOA2 . Which category are they processing now and how long more do we have to wait. Thank you

My mom is a  US citizen, sorry I didn't put that originally

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

check out the visa bulletin

once the i130 is approved you will be following the visa bulletin

but this is just to show you how long is the wait, check the F1 column

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-december-2017.html

Timeline
On 11/19/2017 at 4:58 PM, aleful said:

check out the visa bulletin

once the i130 is approved you will be following the visa bulletin

but this is just to show you how long is the wait, check the F1 column

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-december-2017.html

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.