JayT80

Texas Sevice Center has not received DoS Immense grant Visa Pocket? But more than a year ago....

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and kid arrived last  2016. And I applied a US passport for my 8y/o daughter after a couple of weeks and received her US passport after a couple of months. She went to my country from the past few months with her mom for a vacation this year and came back after a few weeks. No issues or anything in the immigration.

And now, I received a letter from DHS USCIS contains:

Addressed to my daughters name;

“The texas service center has not received your Department of State issued Immigrant Visa Packet which should have been submitted by the Port of Entry (PoE) when you entered the US. The Texas service center will require a completed Lost Visa Pocket in order to process your permanent resident card.  In order to get the packet completed you must visit your local district office....”

I don’t quite understand, my daughter is already a US Citizen because she already have a US passport. Do I have to submit the immigrant visa packet myself or is it supposed to be shown or taken from  their (wife and child) point of entry or arrival last 2016? Was this letter a mistake?7E9CB060-22BA-4DD9-B28A-B1BD9453E4EB.thumb.jpeg.497ec6c255a99def2fe8187c66f9f651.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.