Pinay7900

after 4 weeks culture result about sputum exam result is positive then my dad has to wait another 6 months for treatment I NEED ANY HELP !!!!! Any ideas comments below

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your questions have been answered but you do not understand or will not accept.  If it were even possible for them to release the medical results to the US Embassy, the visa would be denied because he has TB.  Then you would have to start the process over again.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, gregcrs2 said:

Your questions have been answered but you do not understand or will not accept.  If it were even possible for them to release the medical results to the US Embassy, the visa would be denied because he has TB.  Then you would have to start the process over again.  

I understand very well u must not understand my point here !!!! Anyways , the Saint Luke hospital would like to collect money again $$$ to pay another amount by March ??? What the !!! Omg seriously ?!!!! Do u have any ideas ??? I already paid everything . Paid off visa and medical what else they want from me now ?!!!! Please help me any ideas ??? 

Timeline

If you are expecting to find some miracle way of bypassing the time or cost of treating TB in PI after having a positive sputum result, it is not going to happen.

OP even if you get angry it doesn't change the outcome.  Your father needs to be treated and be cleared of this communicable disease before he immigrates.  It's your responsibility to decide where he will get treatment.  Don't they have hospitals in his hometown?  This rule applies to everyone not just your family.  You are letting emotions take over your mind. Good luck to you and your dad.

sunbeam

Timeline
29 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

So, positive sputum test = your dad has TB. He has to be TB-free before he can be given his visa. Your choice to do the 6-month treatment at SLMC or if it's too expensive for him to live in Manila for 6 months then he can do his treatment locally but has to wait an extra year afterwards. You just have to figure out what makes more sense to you and what you can afford. Pay for his expenses for 6 months in Manila or for 18 months locally.

If they released the exam he would not get an immigrant visa with a positive sputum test, anyway. What's the point?

Hopefully , soon he'll get his visa after 6 months treatment this case been applied and approved USCIS that's why they have been scheduled him for an interview last October 19th but the only one is missing is medical result !!!! Sputum exam takes forever specially when it's positive it's a lot more longer to wait !!! Ughhh 

Timeline
1 minute ago, abbynak said:

OP even if you get angry it doesn't change the outcome.  Your father needs to be treated and be cleared of this communicable disease before he immigrates.  It's your responsibility to decide where he will get treatment.  Don't they have hospitals in his hometown?  This rule applies to everyone not just your family.  You are letting emotions take over your mind. Good luck to you and your dad.

No no no !!! My dad lives in Mindanao so it's very far away from him he flew 4 times now back and forth just to see the doctor and I know it's a lot more expense specially the plane tickets too and I have 3 people accompanied him to push the wheelchair cuz he needs help to get through the hospital and embassy in Manila . 6 months in Manila or 18 months locally so I chooses option one which is 6 months in Manila but they don't have to start the treatment not till January of 2018 cuz of holidays and xmas is very tight ! Thanks for the comments ! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

If you are expecting to find some miracle way of bypassing the time or cost of treating TB in PI after having a positive sputum result, it is not going to happen.

Yup it's all about money now without money we can't resolve the problem right ?!!!! Lol yeah o wouldn't continue to spend money for nothing if in case they have to wait another year no!!! I will

stop

the process !!! Thanks though . 

Timeline

So if you get your father here, are you planning on paying for his medical care, and medical needs, medical insurance, housing, food, and other needs he may have?

Or are you planning on getting him here to dump on the taxpayers to take care of him through Medicaid, Medicare, and other social services.

4 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

Yup it's all about money now without money we can't resolve the problem right ?!!!! Lol yeah o wouldn't continue to spend money for nothing if in case they have to wait another year no!!! I will

stop

the process !!! Thanks though . 

Imagine treating tb in America. It would definitely cost a lot more. Health care here is expensive. How are you going to pay for his health care here? 

18 minutes ago, Pinay7900 said:

I understand very well u must not understand my point here !!!! Anyways , the Saint Luke hospital would like to collect money again $$$ to pay another amount by March ??? What the !!! Omg seriously ?!!!! Do u have any ideas ??? I already paid everything . Paid off visa and medical what else they want from me now ?!!!! Please help me any ideas ??? 

You expect the doctors and nurses saving your father's life to work for nothing? Do you not expect to be paid for work that you do? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

So if you get your father here, are you planning on paying for his medical care, and medical needs, medical insurance, housing, food, and other needs he may have?

Or are you planning on getting him here to dump on the taxpayers to take care of him through Medicaid, Medicare, and other social services.

I don't have any plans whatsoever!!! I am here to help my dad to take care of him cuz he needs my help !!! That's all !!! No I own a house and property in the US ! But still hard to live specially being alone in this country it's not EASY !!! I miss my family back home Philippines it's been awhile for me ! I don't want to visit Philippines 🇵🇭 until my dad gets his visa ! 

Filed: Timeline
33 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Exactly. Probably to save costs on his medical expenses otherwise why would you make an elderly man  probably in 70s or 80s who is sick and wheel chair bound travel all the way from PH to here.Did you even ask him what he wants? Stay back or go to US? Its not like only US doctors can treat him. Let him stay in PH  and you can continue to help him and visit.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

The numbers thrown around above got me interested enough to check. The overall US incidence is indeed tiny, at 3 per 100,000 people....but.... I always like context for things.  So these two factors are interesting :

Foreign born people continued to be disproportionately affected. In 2014, 66% of TB cases in the United States occurred in foreign born people. The top five countries of origin of foreign born persons with TB were Mexico, the Philippines, India, Vietnam and China.

The majority of TB cases among foreign born people, are believed to occur as a result of reactivation of TB infection previously acquired. The rate of TB cases reflects the level of TB in people’s country of origin. If the goal of elimination is to be achieved, then it is considered by the CDC that there will need to be additional interventions aimed at diagnosing and treating latent TB infection among foreign born people.

The average cost of treating a person with TB disease increases with greater resistance. Direct costs average $17,000 to treat drug susceptible TB, $150,000 for MDR TB and $482,000 to treat XDR TB. There is then in addition productivity losses of $27,000 for treating drug susceptible TB, $132,000 for MDR TB and $182,000 for XDR TB. Of those people treated for drug resistant TB in the U.S. at present, 9% die during treatment, 27% stop working, 73% are hospitalized and 37% require home isolation. An increase in the number of patients with MDR-TB or XDR-TB could have a dramatic financial impact on both State and local health care systems.

Source:

https://www.tbfacts.org/tb-united-states/

Interesting !!! Lol 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, gtry said:

Exactly. Probably to save costs on his medical expenses otherwise why would you make an elderly man  probably in 70s or 80s who is sick and wheel chair bound travel all the way from PH to here.Did you even ask him what he wants? Stay back or go to US? Its not like only US doctors can treat him. Let him stay in PH  and you can continue to help him and visit.

Well , for many reasons I would to bring my dad to the US for medical reasons I want to help him to do examine here cuz that way I can take care of him over here . To be honest I am the only one who supports my family 12 people with no jobs in the Philippines which is hard for them to eat , pay their bills and everything they lives in one roof for the whole family so I am the only one who survives living in the US for many years now and I became a full American citizen since I got to the US alone !!! I don't want to abandon my blood family in the Philippines you know how Filipinos are ! We help our family as support them . I don't know for those people that lives in the US that are families are here now maybe we have a different path ! So for my case it's very hard . Thanks for the comments above ! That's why I have been questioning this IR5 to bring my dad here in order for me to continue to help him about Tb but unfortunately Saint Luke won't release the medical until it's cleared ! Nothing else I can do now but wait !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.