receiving ds-5535 form after the interview

94 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
On 14.06.2018 at 8:38 AM, KluivertPat said:

Hi every body any updates?

Hello! Still no answer. I stuck in AP for almost 9 months.... but according to https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz NO dv visa at Seoul embassy was issued.( 

Probably they apply such processing to make it impossible to get DV visa via them. All people who applied DV at Seoul are not fortunate:(

God help us to withstand!

1 hour ago, YooJin said:

Hello! Still no answer. I stuck in AP for almost 9 months.... but according to https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz NO dv visa at Seoul embassy was issued.( 

Probably they apply such processing to make it impossible to get DV visa via them. All people who applied DV at Seoul are not fortunate:(

I am beginning to believe that this file has been set up to refuse visas in another way... 

2 hours ago, YooJin said:

Rather than looking for conspiracy theories, you might want to consider that South Koreans are not eligible for DV, so the only DV visas that would be issued via Seoul would be those of foreigners who are currently living in S Korea AND selected for DV. How many of those do you suppose there are, especially considering that a number of other Asian countries (the source of most foreigners in Korea) also aren’t DV eligible?

Timeline
7 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Rather than looking for conspiracy theories, you might want to consider that South Koreans are not eligible for DV, so the only DV visas that would be issued via Seoul would be those of foreigners who are currently living in S Korea AND selected for DV. How many of those do you suppose there are, especially considering that a number of other Asian countries (the source of most foreigners in Korea) also aren’t DV eligible?

I am not looking for conspiracy theories. I just say the fact that NO 2018 DV visa was issued in S. Korea in comparison to other embassies. This fact is alarming.(

It can be coincidental but it can be intentional as well.

1 hour ago, YooJin said:

I am not looking for conspiracy theories. I just say the fact that NO 2018 DV visa was issued in S. Korea in comparison to other embassies. This fact is alarming.(

It can be coincidental but it can be intentional as well.

Did you read what I wrote? There is a perfectly logical explanation. It’s neither coincidental nor alarming; in fact it’s quite obvious. I even looked up the numbers for you: the foreign born population in South Korea is just 3% of the population, AND the vast majority of these are Chinese - who are also not eligible for DV. So you’re looking at some fraction of a percent for even the eligible population for DV, then of those you need people who (1) actually entered DV, probably again just a fraction of that and (2) were actually selected, which brings you down to probabilities of around 1/100 - 1/200 OF that fraction of a fractIon of the percent which entered ....and then you need to take into account that around half of DV winners don’t proceed with their selection. With those kind of odds, it’s hardly surprising there are no issuances out of Seoul. If you get off AP, which you probably will, you may indeed end up being the one and only DV visa issued in Seoul this year.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
On 12.07.2018 at 8:02 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Did you read what I wrote? There is a perfectly logical explanation. It’s neither coincidental nor alarming; in fact it’s quite obvious. I even looked up the numbers for you: the foreign born population in South Korea is just 3% of the population, AND the vast majority of these are Chinese - who are also not eligible for DV. So you’re looking at some fraction of a percent for even the eligible population for DV, then of those you need people who (1) actually entered DV, probably again just a fraction of that and (2) were actually selected, which brings you down to probabilities of around 1/100 - 1/200 OF that fraction of a fractIon of the percent which entered ....and then you need to take into account that around half of DV winners don’t proceed with their selection. With those kind of odds, it’s hardly surprising there are no issuances out of Seoul. If you get off AP, which you probably will, you may indeed end up being the one and only DV visa issued in Seoul this year.

Hope that all who has the AP in Seoul can get off... but with the form ds5535 nobody can predict the outcome. I do not understand why AP takes so long in South Korea. Usually information access is widely available here. Not such delay in document processing. 

On 11/07/2018 at 11:02 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Hi SusieQQQ do you think there is a chance that Ap cleared before the end of the program?. According to the ceac data file of xarthisius, in AF region any Ap was cleared since october. 

6 hours ago, KluivertPat said:

Hi SusieQQQ do you think there is a chance that Ap cleared before the end of the program?. According to the ceac data file of xarthisius, in AF region any Ap was cleared since october. 

Of course there’s a chance, but it’s not a certainty. Each case is different.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Of course there’s a chance, but it’s not a certainty. Each case is different.

“The Congressionally-mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes available up to 55,000 diversity visas (DV) each year, drawn from random selection among all entries, to persons who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

The Department of State in Washington informed U.S. consular sections worldwide to halt processing DV cases whose initialappointment was scheduled prior to July 2018 .

We regret at this moment we are unable to continue processing of your DV 2018 application, however in September 2018 please check the visa bulletin(https://travel.state.gov/contel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html) for information regarding DV visa number availability. Visa application and associated fees cannot be refunded. In September 2018 we will review all DV 2018 case files and return passports and original civil documents through the courier service.

Selectees for DV 2018 who did not receive a visa may enroll again for the DV 2020 program in the fall of 2018. 

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy London”

All is clear now for those waiting for months. they will not issue according to this message

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, YooJin said:

Hi everyone!

Any good news?

I wonder if anyone with DS5535 get the visa?

We haven't but there have been a few on the ds5535 thread.

Our interview was in January.

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.