khalil coder

receiving ds-5535 form after the interview

94 posts in this topic

hi there, i passed my interview in Morocco Casablanca in 16 November 2017, unfortunately they gave me back my passport "which is not a good sign" and told me to fill out a form called ds-5535. i filled it successfully and waiting for their response.

and what makes me more frustrated more is that when i try to check my visa statue, it says " invalid application id or case number ". i noticed that the majority of people that passed the interview been treated the same way giving back passport and required to fill out ds-5535.

i'm really looking forward to hear from you guys if you've been through the same situation.

Is this a DV case?

re checking status, I believe they haven’t yet loaded DV2018 numbers onto CEAC. That usually only happens a few months into the fiscal year.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, khalil coder said:

hi there, i passed my interview in Morocco Casablanca in 16 November 2017, unfortunately they gave me back my passport "which is not a good sign" and told me to fill out a form called ds-5535. i filled it successfully and waiting for their response.

and what makes me more frustrated more is that when i try to check my visa statue, it says " invalid application id or case number ". i noticed that the majority of people that passed the interview been treated the same way giving back passport and required to fill out ds-5535.

i'm really looking forward to hear from you guys if you've been through the same situation.

What type of visa are you applying for?

16 hours ago, khalil coder said:

15 hours ago, omar1 said:

What type of visa are you applying for?

dv lottery

Edited by khalil coder

Ok, while I’m sure this is not the first, it’s the first DV case I’ve heard of to get this form.  Often with DV they try to speed administrative processing  up because of the time constraint, but they can’t always & also it’s still really early in the FY so maybe not that same urgency. None of which is helpful to you I guess, but it may help others if you update here when you get news. 

I think there’s  a thread elsewhere on VJ about people getting this form, have you found that?

24 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Ok, while I’m sure this is not the first, it’s the first DV case I’ve heard of to get this form.  Often with DV they try to speed administrative processing  up because of the time constraint, but they can’t always & also it’s still really early in the FY so maybe not that same urgency. None of which is helpful to you I guess, but it may help others if you update here when you get news. 

I think there’s  a thread elsewhere on VJ about people getting this form, have you found that?

i will inform you guys if there's any updates. i read some threads how got into the same process but with another visa type.

• 2 weeks later...

Salam brother ,

you're not alone brother  .My sister won DV lottery 2018 she was interviewed on November 3rd 2017 and was asked by CO to fill out form-5535 and email back ASAP . So we had done everything already and we are still waiting on them to send us an update . They keepted her passport and they contacted her by phone after one week to let her know that her case is under review ( administrative processing ) , it could takes up to 60 days . Unfortunately we can't check the status on ceac.state.gov because 2018 case numbers has not been uploaded to their system yet . my thoughts to you just be patient and inchalllah they will contact you very soon . 

Please keep me posted . Thanks 

6 hours ago, Mohamed abdel said:

Salam brother ,

you're not alone brother  .My sister won DV lottery 2018 she was interviewed on November 3rd 2017 and was asked by CO to fill out form-5535 and email back ASAP . So we had done everything already and we are still waiting on them to send us an update . They keepted her passport and they contacted her by phone after one week to let her know that her case is under review ( administrative processing ) , it could takes up to 60 days . Unfortunately we can't check the status on ceac.state.gov because 2018 case numbers has not been uploaded to their system yet . my thoughts to you just be patient and inchalllah they will contact you very soon . 

Please keep me posted . Thanks 

thank you bro for the info, i hope the best for all of us.

1 hour ago, balladjone said:

salam aleikom brother ,

any news about your 2018 DV-LOTTERY VISA, WE ARE STILL WAITING HERE .DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAD THIS BEFORE .

THANKS VERY MUCH

no updates my brother, i've read a thread on this forum about a girl who've been through the same process and after 2 months of waiting she got her visa, the only difference is the US Consulate at Casablanca kept her passport.

well I think this AP is classified as low priority so  they will get to it whenever they feel like . as far as keeping passport or  not keeping it .I think they don't to be bother with email and phone calls .so what I would do is wait at least 60 days and shot an email to them to see what is going on . I will keep you posted though .

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.