ushebz

Visit Visa to meet US citizen sister

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ushebz said:

I already had one rejection , will these rejections effect your travel history in any case as we are planning to visit UK in 2019 feb. 

If I recall the UK visa form correctly, they do ask if you have ever been turned down for a visa from any country. But it’s hard to say what they do with that info. The UK visa application form is much more detailed than the US one, so they will have more information with which to make a decision. Whether that will be positive or negative for you, I have no idea.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

On the other hand the UK is a soft touch compared to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, ushebz said:

No she has not filed any petition for my immigration nor sponsored as yet, my question is still not answered satisfactorily how would i show strong ties with the country . What documents will help me to do it . How would they guess my intentions 

Just because you haven't received the answer you want doesn't mean it isn't satisfactory.

Documents mean nothing, anyone with a computer and a printer can produce whatever documents you want.

The answers given in the application along with the answers given at the interview are what you have.

You could take along whatever official documentation you have allowing you to live in UAE but don't be surprised if they don't ask to see it.

You're right, they ARE trying to guess your intentions. If you can convince them then you get approved, if they're not convinced then you get denied.

It's YOU that has to convince them, not any bits of paper.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

10 hours ago, Boiler said:

On the other hand the UK is a soft touch compared to the US.

Not from what I’ve seen from plenty experience standing in visitor queues in both. Give me CBP over the UK equivalent at LHR any day. YMMV. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not from what I’ve seen from plenty experience standing in visitor queues in both. Give me CBP over the UK equivalent at LHR any day. YMMV. 

My future sister-in-law works for UK Border Agency at Manchester Airport.

I'd rather have to go through Zuuls hellhounds from Ghostbusters than UKBA, and I hold a British passport!

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

7 hours ago, MacUK said:

My future sister-in-law works for UK Border Agency at Manchester Airport.

I'd rather have to go through Zuuls hellhounds from Ghostbusters than UKBA, and I hold a British passport!

Been through UKBA numerous times, always a breeze at LHR. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

50 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Been through UKBA numerous times, always a breeze at LHR. 

Do you have a US passport?

I’ve never personally had an issue with UKBA (other than 90% of them being pretty rude, then the minority extremely nice and friendly, no half measures haha) but have been witness to many who have. mostly, the people that I’ve seen get treated badly by them appear to be from the subcontinent. I’ve seen ukba officials yelling at entire families of people, which include small children. Yelling.

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Do you have a US passport?

yes

..digress back to OP's topic

Edited by WeGuyGal

I-751 journey

4 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

yes

..digress back to OP's topic

It is actually relevant to OP, as she stated she is a Pakistani who also wants to visit the UK in 2019.

Edited by SusieQQQ

8 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It is actually relevant to OP, as she stated she is a Pakistani who also wants to visit the UK in 2019.

Ahh yes.. :thumbs:

I-751 journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More Pakistani's in the UK than Americans.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 11/18/2017 at 2:12 PM, ushebz said:

I already had one rejection , will these rejections effect your travel history in any case as we are planning to visit UK in 2019 feb. 

On the US application, the UAE US Embassy will know you have been refused in SA. The same issue will come up in UAE. Ties to Pakistan.

With the UK, I can help a little more. The application is totally different. UK Visas and Immigration is easier to navigate with clear instructions but very detailed information is required. Based on your answers, they have you print out a list of documents you require to submit. You send it in to them (at least here in the US), and they decide whether or not to interview you. They do however, ask, if you have been refused any visas from Canada, US, UK, Europe and NZ. 

4 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

With the UK, I can help a little more. The application is totally different. UK Visas and Immigration is easier to navigate with clear instructions but very detailed information is required. Based on your answers, they have you print out a list of documents you require to submit. You send it in to them (at least here in the US), and they decide whether or not to interview you. They do however, ask, if you have been refused any visas from Canada, US, UK, Europe and NZ. 

Not that it makes a difference for OP, but the question is whether any country has refused you a visa.  Question 6.3 VAF1-visitandshorttermstay.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.