Alexandra08

Under AP and Embassy called to schedule appointment

95 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/16/2018 at 3:52 PM, gsan2018 said:

Thank you this is my first change since the interview exactly six weeks ago, I m just happy that it finally changed on its own without me doing anything. the only two changes after the interview were because of the congressman and senator letter. 

Hi, hows the status of your husband 

Any changes. My husbands still the same since his 2nd interview on feb 7

Timeline
3 hours ago, shly20 said:

Hi Alexandra,

Quick question. When you wrote your senator/congressman, did you have to state which "agency is involved?" My congresswomen's form requires I list the agency involved and I am not sure whether it is USCIS, the US Consulate in San Salvador, or something else?

It's the State Department.

3 hours ago, Anakari88 said:

Hi, hows the status of your husband 

Any changes. My husbands still the same since his 2nd interview on feb 7

Unfortunately nothing yet his case changed on Friday on its own but nothing else today I attempted to check the status but I cant get in. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

hi my husband had his interview 23 of January, and was asked for additional information a copy of his Honduran id. His undergoing administrative processing and was last updated the 29th of January. i don't understand why the only thing i can think is he has 5 tattoos 3 are the names of our children another is praying hands and another Virgin Mary. Does anyone know why it would be taking so long???

HELP ................

My husbands case has been in Administrative Processing for 5 months however we had an date change on last updated. Changed everyday this week but still in Administrative processing any feedback, I m so worry. 

02/16/18 case last updated

02/20/18 case last updated

02/21/18 case last updated

02/22/18 case last updated

Timeline
1 hour ago, gi@nn@ said:

hi my husband had his interview 23 of January, and was asked for additional information a copy of his Honduran id. His undergoing administrative processing and was last updated the 29th of January. i don't understand why the only thing i can think is he has 5 tattoos 3 are the names of our children another is praying hands and another Virgin Mary. Does anyone know why it would be taking so long???

Hi my husband has been waiting under AP since october. For his tattoo. 

Timeline

****A summary of my experience with AP due to Tattoos***

Based on this thread and all the similarities Tattoos are under investigation for the applicants in the U.S. Embassy specially for those of us in Honduras.  I speak of Honduras because that is where our case was processed.  My husband was under AP for Tattoos for 3 1/2 months.  The reason we were able to confirm that hus AP was for tattoos is because after 60 days I wrote to my Senator asking for help, the U.S. Embassy in Honduras replied to my senator stating that the reason was because of his tattoos. 

The embassy called my husband for a second interview and they focused on his tattoos, all of the questions were about the meaning of his tattoos, the thought behind his tattoos, any sentimental values and the places where he did them.  They made him go to a room and re-took picture of his tattoos (the doctor during the physical took pictures and the Embassy Agent that interviewed him also took pictures during his 1st interview) 

After the second interview they told my husband that in two weeks they were going to be calling him.  Just like, that in two weeks his case was updated on the CEA website and it took one week for him to collect his passport.  

I know that the uncertainty can drive us crazy, our emotions at an all time high.  If you have an explanation of your tattoos and the tattoos are not gang affiliated there's nothing to worry about.  

Best of luck to everyone may you all achieve the American Dream!

Best, 

Alexandra 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Alexandra08 said:

****A summary of my experience with AP due to Tattoos***

Based on this thread and all the similarities Tattoos are under investigation for the applicants in the U.S. Embassy specially for those of us in Honduras.  I speak of Honduras because that is where our case was processed.  My husband was under AP for Tattoos for 3 1/2 months.  The reason we were able to confirm that hus AP was for tattoos is because after 60 days I wrote to my Senator asking for help, the U.S. Embassy in Honduras replied to my senator stating that the reason was because of his tattoos. 

The embassy called my husband for a second interview and they focused on his tattoos, all of the questions were about the meaning of his tattoos, the thought behind his tattoos, any sentimental values and the places where he did them.  They made him go to a room and re-took picture of his tattoos (the doctor during the physical took pictures and the Embassy Agent that interviewed him also took pictures during his 1st interview) 

After the second interview they told my husband that in two weeks they were going to be calling him.  Just like, that in two weeks his case was updated on the CEA website and it took one week for him to collect his passport.  

I know that the uncertainty can drive us crazy, our emotions at an all time high.  If you have an explanation of your tattoos and the tattoos are not gang affiliated there's nothing to worry about.  

Best of luck to everyone may you all achieve the American Dream!

Best, 

Alexandra 

If you dont mind me asking what kind of tattoos does your husband have?

Timeline
46 minutes ago, gi@nn@ said:

was he told the tatto was the reason why he was gonna be under ap?

No, initially he was given a white paper with no notification or request of additional documents.  We found out it was due to tattoos after my senator at my request after 60 days of AP made an inquiry to our case and the Embassy responded that it was for tattoos.

Timeline
3 hours ago, gi@nn@ said:

was he told the tatto was the reason why he was gonna be under ap?

No didnt tell him but i assumed because of the lady Alexandra case. On his 2nd interview they asked him questions about his tattoo. And in the 1 st interview the took pictures of his tattoo.

Loosing Hope 

My husband's case still the same his case on CEAC changed daily last week and it just stopped but still says Administrative processing his medical exam will expire in two weeks, not sure what else to do. Any feedback will be appreciated. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, gsan2018 said:

Loosing Hope 

My husband's case still the same his case on CEAC changed daily last week and it just stopped but still says Administrative processing his medical exam will expire in two weeks, not sure what else to do. Any feedback will be appreciated. 

Hi did your husband get his visa approved on his 1st interview?

My husbands case still the same. And no update since feb 7 

Im going on monday to see him. I miss him a lot.

17 minutes ago, Anakari88 said:

no they just told him to wait for an e mail and that s it 

On 2/27/2018 at 12:19 PM, Anakari88 said:

My husband is also waiting since october, probably the same reason tattoos... he had his second interview on feb 6th...his case was updated yesterday and today as well ....status still says Ready....let me know how your case is going we are on the same boat

Edited by DianaFL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.