Alexandra08

Under AP and Embassy called to schedule appointment

95 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello I want to know if someone is going or has gone through this for us to to know what to expect. 

It has been 77 days since my husband's visa was placed under AP for review of Tattoos his case is with the Fraud Prevention Unit, but the embassy called and scheduled an appointment we don't know what to expect, is it another interview? review of his tattoos? or are they granting him the visa?

Any information helps!!

Thank you!!

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 11/15/2017 at 12:42 PM, Alexandra08 said:

Hello I want to know if someone is going or has gone through this for us to to know what to expect. 

It has been 77 days since my husband's visa was placed under AP for review of Tattoos his case is with the Fraud Prevention Unit, but the embassy called and scheduled an appointment we don't know what to expect, is it another interview? review of his tattoos? or are they granting him the visa?

Any information helps!!

Thank you!!

Hi, did your husband get his visa

Timeline

Hi, nothing yet, tomorrow would be 60 days already. The lawyer will call the embassy the day after,  its really sad, my son and I , miss him so much specially these days of christmas. We cant even go visit him, because of the situation in honduras.

Thanks for asking.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Anakari88 said:

Alexandra08,  how did they contacted your husband for a secound interview, and what did they ask him? 

They called him on the number my husband provided when he had his first interview.  Make sure your husband gave them a good working number where he can be easily reached.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Anakari88 said:

Hi, nothing yet, tomorrow would be 60 days already. The lawyer will call the embassy the day after,  its really sad, my son and I , miss him so much specially these days of christmas. We cant even go visit him, because of the situation in honduras.

Thanks for asking.

Have you contacted your Senators?  I contacted all 3 of our Senators and one of them responded. of course you have to write complete the contact form the senators have on their websites.  The Senators can contact the Department of State after 60 days you are right in that time frame I would give it a try.  That's how we found out that my husbands AP was because of his Tattoos.  I hear you, my husband had to leave the house early to make sure he had access to the road that takes them to the airport in San Pedro.  I pray that all goes in your favor and your husband will be reunited with you and your son.  

Timeline

Im going to contact one of my senators. 

Thanks for the information, i also think my husbands is under AP because of a tattoo he has on his left arm, becausr the day of the interview they took a picture of it. Its a big skull. I pray to God everyday, 

Thank you so much.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Anakari88 said:

Im going to contact one of my senators. 

Thanks for the information, i also think my husbands is under AP because of a tattoo he has on his left arm, becausr the day of the interview they took a picture of it. Its a big skull. I pray to God everyday, 

Thank you so much.

It can be the tattoo, in Honduras the embassy has a database of Tattoos that have been linked to gang members, criminals and crime scenes they are conducting a thorough background.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Alexandra today january 30 they contacted my husband for 2nd interview, what can he expect from that interview. 

Did they give your husband his visa that day. Thanks

Timeline
On 1/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, Anakari88 said:

Alexandra today january 30 they contacted my husband for 2nd interview, what can he expect from that interview. 

Did they give your husband his visa that day. Thanks

No they didnt, he waited 2 weeks and then the email came from the visa center. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alexandra08 said:

No they didnt, he waited 2 weeks and then the email came from the visa center. 

Hi Alexandra08, my husband went today for the 2nd interview. They asked him questions about the tattoo and said they will call him.  Thats all they said to him.

On that day of your husband interview did they tell him anything like that.

Im desperate. Thank you

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Anakari88 said:

Hi Alexandra08, my husband went today for the 2nd interview. They asked him questions about the tattoo and said they will call him.  Thats all they said to him.

Im desperate. Thank you

Yes they did, they said we will call you.  

Go check the status of the visa on the cea website daily, and also check the email in which the Visa Center US Travel Docs, they will email you letting you know that the passport is ready for pick up at Cargo Express.   It took 2 weeks for this to happen. 

On 2/7/2018 at 12:56 PM, Alexandra08 said:

Yes they did, they said we will call you.  

Go check the status of the visa on the cea website daily, and also check the email in which the Visa Center US Travel Docs, they will email you letting you know that the passport is ready for pick up at Cargo Express.   It took 2 weeks for this to happen. 

My husband also went for second interview  on 2/7/18. Today his status said READY but then changed to AP again within a hour time.  Do you have any update on your husband case?

On 2/7/2018 at 12:41 PM, Anakari88 said:

Im desperate. Thank you

Hi.  Our Case is very similar.  My husband also went on 2-7-18 for his 2nd interview. Today his Cade status showed ready but within a hour it went back to AP status.  Do you have an update on your husband Case status? 

Edited by ArielG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.