32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

hello all,

My fiance had her interview back on June 6th, 2017 the CO asked for additional documents that was sent to them back on June 12 and we have been on AP since then and he did give her the passport back which it make since because he doesn't know how long it will take us to send the additional docs so why would he keep it?? my congressmen contacted the embassy and received the same response that the case is undergoing mandatory AP and once it's completed they will contact my fiance so don't rely on the congressmen too much. when I contact NVC they keep saying the case still under AP and I have asked if they will know if the case is returned and they said yes and I was told that the CO can extend the application expiration as long as they want if they still working on the case. I have couple of questions:

1- has anyone knows someone that was approved after placed on AP for a long time?

2- how long is the medical exam good for?

Thank you.

Yasser

Medical exam is good for 6 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
27 minutes ago, TamaraN said:

That is the best bet. Did your AP notice say something about it being resolved in 60 days? Ours did, so we agreed to wait 3 months and if we hadn’t heard anything I would have moved there and eventually did the spousal visa.

He only said it's gonna take a while, I asked if i'm going to hear from them before January, he said No it's going to take a while longer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.