32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had my interview today and they put me on AP. The only evidence I was asked for was pictures and I provided them. I was told that case will be processed and  that it will take A LONG while. then I was given my passport and no white paper or anything.

There's a 15 years age difference. 

I know my fiancee for 3 years and she visited me twice (each visit was for 1 month).

We're not on same religion.

Should I wait for case to expire and then try IR1? We can't do CR1 because she has kids and can't come to live here with me.

The interviewer wasn't nice at all, kept asking questions quickly and kept going back to the file so it was clear that he didn't even read it at the beginning. 

All the questions were like a quiz about her, didn't ask me for call logs or emails. Just questions like her bday, her job, where she lives, was she married before, etc.

Didn't ask any questions about me except if I was religious.

What would you advice me to do?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Afropop said:

Well I will suggest you wait for the outcome of the AP, since the CO hasn't  denied the application yet.

I read in the forum some posts that said he won't ever deny it but will just keep it under processing until it expires 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It expires 4 months from when you got your noa2, so it's prob almost there. We got put AP after my fiance had his interview  (Morocco not Egypt) and after 14 weeks it was returned to US and expired. 

I'd give it SOME amount of time, after it expires, have her contact her congressman representative to see where it's at. We set a deadline of 6 months, if we hadn't heard in 6 months, we would get married. 

Also, she does not have to live with you to file CR1, just marry you. This visa changed to IR1 after you gave been married for 2 years. We also did more visits, because just one more for a marriage may not be enough to get you a visa. Good luck!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

It expires 4 months from when you got your noa2, so it's prob almost there. We got put AP after my fiance had his interview  (Morocco not Egypt) and after 14 weeks it was returned to US and expired. 

I'd give it SOME amount of time, after it expires, have her contact her congressman representative to see where it's at. We set a deadline of 6 months, if we hadn't heard in 6 months, we would get married. 

Also, she does not have to live with you to file CR1, just marry you. This visa changed to IR1 after you gave been married for 2 years. We also did more visits, because just one more for a marriage may not be enough to get you a visa. Good luck!

I'm sorry I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean.. We only contact the congressman after the application expires not before?

And then we get married and she keeps visiting me for 2 years then we apply for CR1/IR1? If I understood this right then the process will take about 4 years!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Samabdu said:

I'm sorry I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean.. We only contact the congressman after the application expires not before?

And then we get married and she keeps visiting me for 2 years then we apply for CR1/IR1? If I understood this right then the process will take about 4 years!

You do not need to wait any time at all to file the CR1 - you can file it the day after you get married. The CR1 process, if all goes well, takes about 12-14 months. I don't know where you heard 4 years but definitely not. If she is not a US citizen you may have to wait to file and it could take longer but otherwise yes it is done right away. 

Some people do not file away. They live in a country other than the US, they may be married 5-10 years before filing, so they would get an IR1 and not a CR1. With a CR1 you get a 2 year Green Card upon arrival and with an IR1 you would get a 10 year Green Card. 

You can contact your congressman anytime, but if you have only waited AP for a few days they may not help you right away. AP is often 1-3 months, some longer, some shorter. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I went back and found a previous post for you about those in AP in Egypt.  I think this is a common occurrence there from what I remember reading. 

Thanks it looks like many people are going through this. My medical exam expires next March so we will probably wait until then and see what happens

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What are you waiting for?   they did not keep passport so they obviuously did not approve

case will come to US and expire and you will never hear why like ours from Morocco in 2009

i had made 3 trips all over a month and known him over a year 

CR1 is what USC will apply for not IR1 (it becomes IR1 if married over 2 years when you arrive in US

CR1 is USCIS labeled / has nothing to do with children  

So, she needs to come and marry and do CR1 ASAP

make sure your family approves/ big deal with interviewer

we have a bigger age difference but you can overcome it with a serious and loving relationship and a lot of time to deal with immigration as it will take time now

make the following year about romance and marriage and getting to know every little and big thing about her, her family, her life style in the US 

and yes, the questions would be about her as you were suppose to know and love her / they can ask what color her house is/ what does she eat for breakfast,  and even dummer ones than that

and be prepared for "do you want children? and Can she have more children?"

good luck

allah yekbel

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
2 hours ago, Samabdu said:

Egypt, unfortunately, is a high fraud country and they put many ppl on AP. K1 petition expires unlike the CR1. Either you will hear from them or it will be set to expire. In this case, you can file another K1 or simply get married(which has nothing to do with her having kids or not). After getting married in Egypt, she goes back to the US and file I-130 to petition you. That of course takes time, currently 10-12 months average until interview...No guarantee that a CR1 will be approved at interview as they can still deny you and in this case, unlike the K1, CR1 will go back to USCIS who in turn send u a NOIR requesting further evidence (this usually takes months). If the case is reaffirmed at the USCIS, they send it to the embassy with recommendation to approve, however, again it is up the embassy.

They usually look for red flags that might indicate that the marriage is for the sake of immigration. Common red flags are big age gap, different religions/backgrounds. specially when it is a young male getting married to a US female who is much older, with kids, and different religion/background. Not saying your case is one of those, but giving you an idea on what to expect. Contact the embassy every now and then and hopefully you hear something for sure. 

In other cases, your CR1 can be approved on the spot like many others...but I thought to give you an idea that might relates to your situations. Hope that helps man. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

What are you waiting for?   they did not keep passport so they obviuously did not approve

case will come to US and expire and you will never hear why like ours from Morocco in 2009

CR1 is what USC will apply for not IR1 (it becomes IR1 if married over 2 years when you arrive in US

we have a bigger age difference but you can overcome it with a serious and loving relationship and a lot of time to deal with immigration as it will take time now

make the following year about romance and marriage and getting to know every little and big thing about her, her family, her life style in the US 

and yes, the questions would be about her as you were suppose to know and love her / they can ask what color her house is/ what does she eat for breakfast,  and even dummer ones than that

good luck

allah yekbel

yes yes. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

good luck

allah yekbel

I already answered all those questions about her because I know her for over 3 years so I answered them correctly. And I also stated that I'm not interested in having kids and told him that my parents are dead But he didn't ask me for a family registry. We are thinking to wait until April or May maybe by then they'd contact us or the it expires then we will get married Insha'allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.