RafaCBA

update on N-400 (I-797C)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Good morning to all,

I sent my N-400  a few days prior to my 90 days exemption planning to be delivered on the exact 90th day,  unfortunately arrived one day to early and I just got my I- 797C (rejection letter) for submitting too early.

The letter states that I have to correct the errors and resubmit it; Now does that means that I can just send the original package back? or do I have to fill a new form with brand new copies of the evidence and the fees ? ( I was planning  on doing the latter since the forms came back with something printed on them at the bottom of every page)

Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

The form has to be newly completed, dated and signed - not sure about the evidence copies - I would imagine it stays the same - make sure your A# is on each page you send.

• sending I130 05/16/2007
  • cheque is cashed on 06/11/2007
  • NOA1 in mail 06/13/2007 (who said 13 is badluck )
  • 07/30/2007 After no touches and no other signs we just got an email with the APPROVAL of I130....Thank God !....now what ?

• 08/07/2007 Case received by NVC and case number assigned :))

• 08/13/2007 DS3032 and AOS bill were generated

• 08/14/2007 Emailed choice of agent ...i'm so curious when they will accept it...hopefully soon

• 08/21/2007 DS3032 and AOS fee bill arive in mail

• 08/27/2007 paid AOS fee bill
  • 8/28/2007 DS3032 choice of agent accepted
  • 9/3/2007 IV fee bill generated

1 hour ago, RafaCBA said:

Good morning to all, I sent my N-400  a few days prior to my 90 days exemption planning to be delivered on the exact 90th day,  unfortunately arrived one day to early and I just got my I- 797C (rejection letter) for submitting too early.

The letter states that I have to correct the errors and resubmit it; Now does that means that I can just send the original package back? or do I have to fill a new form with brand new copies of the evidence and the fees ? ( I was planning  on doing the latter since the forms came back with something printed on them at the bottom of every page)

Thank you in advance!

USCIS has strict rules about the earliest date and eligibility of your application. You have to wait exactly for your day to submit.

Someone cant wait but put the date(the earliest date of 90 days-window ) on the form and mail it out  several days before their eligibility day,hoping it falls into the 90-days when  the mail is delivered, however, the post stamp on the envelope  shows you submit(sent ) the form earlier before your eligibility day. So you will be rejected for sure.

now, just restart the new N400 form with new date at the end,sign with new date and sent them out again with all the prior supporting evidences.

Edited by GoBig

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

Timeline

thank you GoBig I'm currently filling out the form again  and submitting  everything via mail at the end of the day! thank you much!

1 minute ago, RafaCBA said:

thank you GoBig I'm currently filling out the form again  and submitting  everything via mail at the end of the day! thank you much!

You are welcome. Dont worry. You didnt do anything agaist the law, just need be patient. this is just the beginning. the rest waiting is torturing, 

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

2 minutes ago, RafaCBA said:

I bet it is, specially in Florida !!! 

good luck with your process. I have two more days to submit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, GoBig said:

USCIS has strict rules about the earliest date and eligibility of your application. You have to wait exactly for your day to submit.

Someone cant wait but put the date(the earliest date of 90 days-window ) on the form and mail it out  several days before their eligibility day,hoping it falls into the 90-days when  the mail is delivered, however, the post stamp on the envelope  shows you submit(sent ) the form earlier before your eligibility day. So you will be rejected for sure.

now, just restart the new N400 form with new date at the end,sign with new date and sent them out again with all the prior supporting evidences.

I was under the impression they type in your A# and that drives your eligibility - so yes if you are eligible tomorrow but mail arrives today , then yeah the system will kick you out .....

• sending I130 05/16/2007
  • cheque is cashed on 06/11/2007
  • NOA1 in mail 06/13/2007 (who said 13 is badluck )
  • 07/30/2007 After no touches and no other signs we just got an email with the APPROVAL of I130....Thank God !....now what ?

• 08/07/2007 Case received by NVC and case number assigned :))

• 08/13/2007 DS3032 and AOS bill were generated

• 08/14/2007 Emailed choice of agent ...i'm so curious when they will accept it...hopefully soon

• 08/21/2007 DS3032 and AOS fee bill arive in mail

• 08/27/2007 paid AOS fee bill
  • 8/28/2007 DS3032 choice of agent accepted
  • 9/3/2007 IV fee bill generated

Timeline
On 11/13/2017 at 11:11 AM, RafaCBA said:

I bet it is, specially in Florida !!! 

Lol! Actually florida has one of the fastest process. I applied in Hialeah last year and it took literally 3 months from the day I applied to the day of my oath ceremony (02/27/2016-05/27/2016) it was extremely fast!!! and super easy

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.