Got married on First visit

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mallick said:

That’s what I think too

That’s what I think too

And I have already sent alot of photos of my wedding with both of our family together in most of the pictures. which is enough to prove infront of uscis that our marriage is geniune.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

That’s what I think too

Yeah, what you should do is gather as much evidence as possible to proof that the marriage is not for immigration benefits. I know people who got their marriage arranged and they have been together for decades, build up a life, kids etc. It's  still common is some cultures and immigration knows that.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Please don't let posters who don't know any better mislead you.  You will be fine unless you have other issues - but the process takes a year or so, so hang on.

takes that long for most people.

arranged marriages are understood by those who need to understand in your embassy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Mallick said:

Hello friends I have recently got married and my wife is a us born she came to Pakistan and we got married on her first visit ? She already sent form i130 for me in September  Is there any red flag? Coz our marriage is arranged. but we both have same religion which is Islam and I belongs to Pakistan .and she is my first cousin too. We have a lot of photos with my wife and our family together to prove as a bonafide relationship. She lives in California where cousin marriage is allowed too. Please I am in stress need helpful advice coz I don’t want any delay in my case. coz I am already suffering a lot without my wife. 

So I am going to start by saying, I did not read the thread I am just sure you have gotten a lot of not Pakistan specific advice

As someone who is quite familiar with the nuances of Pakistan:

No it is not a red flag you got married on the first visit, what is important is that you had a traditional marriage including the rushtaki

Arranged marriages are normal as you know, you do not need to mention you are cousins, it is VERY VERY unlikely you would be asked and even less likely to be an issue as this is as you know completely normal in the culture

I might suggest asking your questions in the South Asia specific forum as Pakistan is just a bit different than most places

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2017 at 1:35 AM, Mallick said:

Hello friends I have recently got married and my wife is a us born she came to Pakistan and we got married on her first visit ? She already sent form i130 for me in September  Is there any red flag? Coz our marriage is arranged. but we both have same religion which is Islam and I belongs to Pakistan .and she is my first cousin too. We have a lot of photos with my wife and our family together to prove as a bonafide relationship. She lives in California where cousin marriage is allowed too. Please I am in stress need helpful advice coz I don’t want any delay in my case. coz I am already suffering a lot without my wife. 

You will be fine you just have to remember her home address in us  and where she work so don't stress about it go with confidence and give answer to their exact their questions you have to take evidence as much as you can best of luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, Beachlover said:

The fact that his family and her family agreed and arranged this marriage makes it's bonafide. 

That solely does not necessarily make it bona fide.

Edited by jakelake
edit

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, jakelake said:

That solely does not necessarily make it bona fide.

You're right, by itself doesn't make it a bona fide marriage. But IO's take cultural customs in consideration, and arranged marriages are common in a lot of Asian, and Middle Eastern countries.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

The consulates are actually aware of cultural norms and though marriages for first cousins are not performed in all states, the marriage is recognized everywhere once it's taken place.  Once you have a marriage license, it's recognized. 

As previously stated, just gather your information as usual. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.