J/G

PLEASE HELP go through my check list for my AOS Interview.. PLEASE???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Dear kind VJ Users --

I read so much post about AOS interview but 98% of them are from 2015 or older... I would like to have the most recent information on this subject. 

PLEASE bear with me I'm feeling a little scattered right now and I cannot seems to think straight, I was reading my I-797C for my AOS Interview and the followings are the ONLY documents that applied to my particular situation (I will bring the original and 2 copies of these documents):

1. Interview Notice
  2. All documents establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status (i.e. Passport and wedding license, correct?)
  3. EAD Card & AP Card (approved 1 Nov 2017; physical card has yet to arrive via mail)
  4. I-94
  5. My Passport
  6. My Birth Certificate
  7. Birth Certificate English Translation & certificate
  8. My SSN
  9. Husband's US Passport
  10. Husband's SSN
  11. Husband's Birth Certificate
  12. Original Marriage License
  13. Certified Copy of marriage license
  14. Joint Bank account
  15. Utility bills (Rent, Gas, phone, electricity, water, etc.)
  16. Photos (post the AOS submission)
  17. Correspondence (mails, bills, postcards addressed to both or either one of us with our current address)
  18. MAYBE Copies of the complete set of my AOS Package (approx 300 pages)
  19. MAYBE Copies of the complete set of my I-129F Application Pack (approx. 175)
  20. MAYBE Copies of the complete set of my K-1 Visa Application pack (i don't even know how many pages....)

PS. My vaccination records & I-864 (principal sponsor & joint sponsor) have all been submitted along with my I-485 application pack back in August. 

In the interview notice (I-797C) it was written that I need to bring, "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your original for our record."

• QUESTION: Does this refer to my supporting documents that I send along with my I-485 Application Pack or does this goes all the way back to my I-129F, K-1 Visa and including AOS?? I have all in my record I just wonder which "application" is the instruction referring to??

The following documents were submitted along with my I-485:

1. Original Bank Check
  2. Original G-1145 Form
  3. Original I-485 Form (with 4 additional attachment)
  4. Copy of my Birth Certificate (BC)
  5. Copy English translation of BC and the certificate of Translation
  6. Copy of K-1 Visa
  7. Original Passport Photos 
  8. Copy Vaccination Records DS-3025 (Original was submitted to the US Embassy back home)
  9. Original I-864 from my husband (with all the supporting documents i.e. copies)
  10. Original I864  from my joint sponsor (with all the supporting documents i.e. copies)
  11. Copy of I-797 with the WAC number
  12. Copy of my wedding license
  13. Copy of I-94
  14. Copy of Passport
  15. Copy of US entry stamp

So assuming would I be ok with just bringing my ORIGINAL AND COPY of my Birth certificate, its translation, my passport, Vaccination records, I-797, Wedding License, and I-94. So essentially I just need to add Vaccination record to the blue list above right?? 

I think I'm going crazy.... Can someone advise me on this? 

THANK YOU. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, J/G said:

So assuming would I be ok with just bringing my ORIGINAL AND COPY of my Birth certificate, its translation, my passport, Vaccination records, I-797, Wedding License, and I-94. So essentially I just need to add Vaccination record to the blue list above right?? 

I think I'm going crazy.... Can someone advise me on this? 

THANK YOU. 

Yep, you did right when you only sent photocopies of your birthcertificate, marriage certificate etc, as you will need to bring the originals or certified copies to the interview. 

You can bring the DS-3025 if you want to, but they should already have this as it was a part of the package you gave to the CBP officer at POE. They already have your full medical including the vaccination work sheet. 

They are only asking for originals of the copies you sent in with your AOS package, they are not asking about the i-129f/K-1 package.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.