Jump to content
Amica Nostra

The Anti-Trump Wave Has Come, And Republicans Can’t Stop It

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/the-anti-trump-wave-has-come-and-republicans-cant-stop-it.html

 

Democrats have suffered a series of close losses in special elections in 2017, contributing to the broad sense, especially among Democrats themselves, that Donald Trump had a kind of supernatural appeal that defied political physics and rendered metrics such as his dismal approval rating suspect.

The anti-incumbent wave in Virginia has dispelled that particular form of magical thinking. Trump is a deeply unpopular president, and his party is in serious danger of losing control of the House, many of its down-ballot offices, and conceivably even the Senate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/the-anti-trump-wave-has-come-and-republicans-cant-stop-it.html

 

Democrats have suffered a series of close losses in special elections in 2017, contributing to the broad sense, especially among Democrats themselves, that Donald Trump had a kind of supernatural appeal that defied political physics and rendered metrics such as his dismal approval rating suspect.

The anti-incumbent wave in Virginia has dispelled that particular form of magical thinking. Trump is a deeply unpopular president, and his party is in serious danger of losing control of the House, many of its down-ballot offices, and conceivably even the Senate.

Winning all of those special elections by narrow margins should've been a warning shot to the Republican Party. All elections were in solidly reliable Republican states and districts. Now we've seen results from a purple state it's been a complete rout for the Democrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Winning all of those special elections by narrow margins should've been a warning shot to the Republican Party. All elections were in solidly reliable Republican states and districts. Now we've seen results from a purple state it's been a complete rout for the Democrats.

Yeah keep trying to drum up something that isn't there. The only reason Virginia is purple is because of the NOVA region which is basically geared around Washington DC, so they have tons of lobbyists up there. The rest of the state is basically Red. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox News in denial, you'd think there hadn't been any elections tonight. Hannity doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

rick Santorum blames Trump's tweeting and rhetoric.

the GOP are gonna dump trump. A new president with 33 percent approval is poison. More dem wins coming in as I type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah keep trying to drum up something that isn't there. The only reason Virginia is purple is because of the NOVA region which is basically geared around Washington DC, so they have tons of lobbyists up there. The rest of the state is basically Red. 

not as much as you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

I guess after all the seats they lost in 2016 and other elections that followed they should celebrate a rare victory. Seeing a Democrat victory is like seeing a unicorn now.

 

Consider checking the cool aid if you're seeing unicorns. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×