10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I am a US citizen and filed I-130 for my spouse in Nov 7, 2016. Today marks one whole year. I still have not received anything besides NOA1. My spouse is in removal proceedings but it is currently administratively closed. We had our I-130 interview at the local office September 22, 2017. We have been waiting for more than a month after the interview already. Anyone knows if this is normal and does anyone have the same experience as us? 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Are you applying for a CR-1 visa or Adjustment of Status? I think you might be in the wrong section of the forum if filing for AOS - this is where you can try asking: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-k1-and-k3-family-based-visas/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-amp-tourist-visas/

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Timeline
19 hours ago, SabRob said:

Are you applying for a CR-1 visa or Adjustment of Status? I think you might be in the wrong section of the forum if filing for AOS - this is where you can try asking: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-k1-and-k3-family-based-visas/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-amp-tourist-visas/

Hey Sorry my bad. Wrong forum.. You applied two days after me for I-130! I can't believe you already got your green card! It's amazing! I am still waiting for I-130 approval. A lot of us in the November Nebraska forum are still waiting... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Just now, Yhwinnie said:

Hey Sorry my bad. Wrong forum.. You applied two days after me for I-130! I can't believe you already got your green card! It's amazing! I am still waiting for I-130 approval. A lot of us in the November Nebraska forum are still waiting... 

No problem, just letting you know so people who've actually been through this can help. The CR-1 process is sorta different. And thank you, I met up with some friends of my husband's last evening and one of them's wife just got her GC after 1.5 years - she also did AOS (from a work visa) so that seems to be the standard processing time. Good luck with your spouse's immigration journey!

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

did you file the I-458 with the I-130, concurrent filing, for AOS based on her visa-type ?  I hope so ! 

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
1 minute ago, Darnell said:

did you file the I-458 with the I-130, concurrent filing, for AOS based on her visa-type ?  I hope so ! 

No I did not file concurrently. I filed a standalone I-130 because my husband is in removal proceedings. USCIS has no jurisdiction over our I-485. We need to first get I-130 approval and then use that to terminate removal proceedings and then file I-485 with the judge, but the thing is this I-130 is taking more than a year to get approved even though I am a US citizen... it's so ...... crazy! :( 

7 minutes ago, Darnell said:

And sorry.. I posted this in the wrong forum so it may not be for visa-type.. it's for adjustment of status.

Timeline

you can call USCIS customer service, request a Tier-2 human, and ask them look up the current casefile status and review the notes (a Tier-1 cannot review the notes at all) and maybe, just maybe, you can glean info from that Tier-2 human. 

Otherwise, set an infopass appointment with that local office, go in, and inquire for casefile status.  Ask for a supervisor once you're there, and ask the supervisor to check in with the human that interviewed you two, to glean more stuff about the casefile status ... Sure, it's a slog through the mud, but once you're inside the door, it's worth the wait .. 

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
Just now, Darnell said:

you can call USCIS customer service, request a Tier-2 human, and ask them look up the current casefile status and review the notes (a Tier-1 cannot review the notes at all) and maybe, just maybe, you can glean info from that Tier-2 human. 

Otherwise, set an infopass appointment with that local office, go in, and inquire for casefile status.  Ask for a supervisor once you're there, and ask the supervisor to check in with the human that interviewed you two, to glean more stuff about the casefile status ... Sure, it's a slog through the mud, but once you're inside the door, it's worth the wait .. 

Yea, I have called Tier-2 human like many times already. They just tell me a decision has not been made yet. And actually my case is now in local office because I just had my interview in September for I-130....  We have to wait at least 90 days to make an info pass appointment.... but some people get it approved in less than 2 weeks..... so I am really worried why ours takes so long.. Well just gotta wait till Dec 22nd to make info pass. 

Timeline

did you ask a Tier-2 to review the notes ? Yes? No ? The notes are made at the local USCIS office and stored in the electronic casefile that the Tier 2 human can see.  No ask ? Tier-2 no tell. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Darnell said:

did you ask a Tier-2 to review the notes ? Yes? No ? The notes are made at the local USCIS office and stored in the electronic casefile that the Tier 2 human can see.  No ask ? Tier-2 no tell. 

What can I ask on the notes? Whether the officer wants to approve my case or not? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.