40mpg

I-751 Rejected! Help Please

17 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I filed I-751 to remove conditional status for my wife, but it was Rejected due to not having a photocopy of the Conditional Green Card. WE NEVER RECEIVED the conditional green card in the mail. So we filed form I-797C (6/28/17) in order to replace it, we did the biometric and everything at the USCIS office. At the time of our filing of I-751 (10/30/17) the conditional green card have not arrived. So our I-751 has been rejected with the only reason is that the conditional green card  is not attached. What do i do now? Make an infoPass and explain it to them? call the Customer Support number? Anyone went through this specfic issue before? Thanx all.

Wait, it took you almost 2 years to realize she should have received a conditional green card in the mail, but you never took action? When did she have her GC interview (if adjusted status) or when did she enter the US (CR-1 visa)? 

What happened, happened, but for any ppl reading this thread in the future who haven't received their physical Green Card in the mail after 2 months or so after approval/entry, THIS IS NOT NORMAL. You should take the initiative to get that rectified. If you don't notify USCIS that you didn't receive the card they sent out, they have no way of knowing that.

Edited by DrEllaNJ

34 minutes ago, 40mpg said:

Hello All,

I filed I-751 to remove conditional status for my wife, but it was Rejected due to not having a photocopy of the Conditional Green Card. WE NEVER RECEIVED the conditional green card in the mail. So we filed form I-797C (6/28/17) in order to replace it, we did the biometric and everything at the USCIS office. 

Can you give more detail. When did your wife enter US ?   You were saying filed for replacement on 6/28/17. Did you lost the initial card ? 

I filed I-90 in 6/2017, receive appointment for biometric about 2 weeks later. The two year GC expires 10/30/2017 . I filed I-751 sometimes in October. The replacement two year GC has not arrived by the time i filed I-751, and my I-751was rejected for not having one. I specifically stated that case in the cover letter of the I-751, do they not read? USCIS accepted my I-90 form, shouldnt it be in the system? I made an appointment with InfoPass , ill post here with the result, it seems like this is an extremely rare case on the forum.

7 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

Can you give more detail. When did your wife enter US ?   You were saying filed for replacement on 6/28/17. Did you lost the initial card ? 

My mistake, i meant to say i filed I-90, the customer service rep at the USCIS office said i need not even filed I-90 because the two year GC expires soon, as it turns out that was bad advice, because my I-751 was rejected for not having one

24 minutes ago, 40mpg said:

do they not read? 

Selectively.

Include a copy of your I-90 filing receipt, and put the explanation part of the cover letter in bold capitals and underlined, or perhaps highlighted in pink marker if you prefer.

Muppets, the lot of them

Edited by mindthegap

2 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

Selectively.

Include a copy of your I-90 filing receipt, and put the explanation part of the cover letter in bold capitals and underlined, or perhaps highlighted in pink marker if you prefer.

Muppets, the lot of them

Yeah i included the I-90 as well as the receit with the biometric stamp, i'll see what they say at the InfoPass appointment. 

ANyone not have your two year GC in the I-751 and it worked? Know of anyone? 

9 hours ago, DrEllaNJ said:

for any ppl reading this thread in the future who haven't received their physical Green Card in the mail after 2 months or so after approval/entry, THIS IS NOT NORMAL. You should take the initiative to get that rectified. If you don't notify USCIS that you didn't receive the card they sent out, they have no way of knowing that.

Mine took 4 months to arrive after I entered the US... I did contact USCIS and they did respond. Only, they responded 8 months after I had the card in hand and it was a generic "it's still processing" response (despite the fact I had it in hand). Definitely recommend for people to do infopass rather than rely on the service requests online. Even if they do answer them it's just generic answers.

5 hours ago, 40mpg said:

Yeah i included the I-90 as well as the receit with the biometric stamp, i'll see what they say at the InfoPass appointment. 

ANyone not have your two year GC in the I-751 and it worked? Know of anyone? 

There are some historic threads around VJ talking about this issue, with of course OP never updating the outcome.  Consensus seemed to be make an infopass appointment and at least get the I-551 stamp.  Ask them what to do about ROC and include an explanation of what you were told and by whom.

10 minutes ago, NikLR said:

did you ever pay the immigrant fee?

All fees are paid, customer service show me that 2 year GC was mailed out only 2 weeks after my wife arrival. I guess it never made it to my house. Will let everyone know the result once i attend my InfoPass appointment

19 hours ago, mindthegap said:

Muppets, the lot of them

Hey! That's offensive to Muppets! Miss Piggy wouldn't put up with USCIS incompetence for a hot minute - she'd karate chop the lot of them! ;)

10 hours ago, 40mpg said:

All fees are paid, customer service show me that 2 year GC was mailed out only 2 weeks after my wife arrival. I guess it never made it to my house. Will let everyone know the result once i attend my InfoPass appointment

Yes, do let us know what happens. Probably you'll get an I-551 stamp in your passport (bring your passport to the appointment, btw) and then you can send a copy of that, since it qualifies as a valid green card for all USCIS purposes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.