2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance visa interview was today at 6:40am in Manila US embassy and I was approved! I went early around 5:15am and a lot of people were already waiting outside. There were people who  will offer you to buy a pen for P20 and you can just buy them from stores for P5. They even offer you a chair to sit down and ask you to pay for P35 pesos just for sitting down. It was a crazy business. I guess it was just there way to earn money because they dont have other jobs. An advice though is BE THERE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULE INTERVIEW, WEAR AN APPROPRIATE CLOTH FOR INTERVIEW (just make sure it is not too sexy and should cover you from the cold temp inside) AND DONT FREAKING BUY A PEN FROM THEM! AGAIN DONT BUY A FREAKING PEN FOR 20 PESOS BECAUSE YOU DONT NEED IT INSIDE. BUT BRING A BLACK PEN JUST IN CASE.

At around 6:30 am the guard will ask you to fall inline, one line per time schedule. Before going to the line they will check your appointment confirmation.

After the line there is a checkpoint which is checking your passport and Ds160 form and they will put a sticker on your ds160 with letters and numbers on it. This is still outside the building.

Another checkpoint is inside the building, they will check your bag and let you into the metal scanner. They are really strict. I did not bring any bag, just a folder with all the requirements. There are things that you are not allowed to bring inside. And pls check those info online. FACT: YOU CAN BRING A BAG WITH YOU AS LONG AS YOU WONT BRING THOSE NOT ALLOWED THINGS. (I should have brought my bag though)

Next to this point is another checkpoint which is already inside the building for the interview. Same process of checkpoint. Someone inside the building who are friendly will guide you. I was assigned in B area. And then when the the windows starts to open youll be guided to go to an open window to give your ds160, passport, cenomar, birth certificate, St Lukes unopened and sealed envelope, nbi clearance, 2pcs 2x2 pic and mrv reciept. All should be original. Photocopies are not needed, i photocopied them which was def a waste of money. Anyway, going back, i was assigned to window 45. And the officers during the pre screening are filipino people. Again they are all Filipino people for the prescreening. And guess what? I did not have a good time with the officer i was assigned because she did smile at all, and was really scary and looks like she was angry early in the morning. She asked me a lot of questions and repeat some of them ( maybe her way of checking if i was telling the truth) and then i was asked one question as to when did we start talking, i only had the month and year and she got angry at me because it took me some time to answer it for the date. But then i was able to answer. And she asked me 2 pcs of my 2x2 pic and she did not accept it because MY EARS ARE NOT SEEN! So i told her it wont ever be seen on pictures because they are tiny. She wont accept it and made me go out to have a new picture. I had the picture at a kodak booth outside and gave it to her and then agreed with me that my ears in pictures will never show up because it is tiny and is always hiding. She finally made me go to the next step! So make sure your ears on the pic will show because they make it a big deal. 

She gave back my ds 160 and stamped something and then told me to go to the next window for finger scanning. I almost want to cry with my experience with her.Thanks God im done with her! The officer for finger scanning is an AMERICAN AND WAS SOO FRIENDLY.

After the finger scanning is the final interview, this is the time where youll know if youre approved or not. And I prayed that I hope Ill be assigned to an American Consul, God heard my prayer! The consul who interviewwd me was so friendly and good looking! Haha! He was nice to talk to, it was like I was just talking to a friend. He only asked me to tell him about my fiance, where he lives, if I went to other coubtries which i did already with my fiance, if its my first k1 visa application, if im married, and asked me if i can show him pics with my fiance. And he approved me. It was only for 3 minutes! He did not asked me for my fiances tax return info or anthing else, only our pictures, he did not even take it from me, he gave it back to me. He congratulated me and gave me instructions. 😊😊😊

I feel sad to know Filipino consuls are strict and not nice at all to their fellow filipinos, unlike american consuls. Ive heard one applicant where the filipino consul kinda raised her voiced on him when he did not understand her question and was slow in answering. Unlike american consuls, like with the girl applicant, she had a hard time understanding so the consul explained and waited for her. They were really nice. Ive witnessed these while waiting for my turn for the interview. You can hear the consuls' voice because they have mic with them. 

So be positive when youre in there and PRAY. Bring any documents you can prove to them about your relationship, because every consul is different so they might ask things that was not asked from me. And even if they will be angry at you or raise their voice, answer them politely. 

Another piece of advice, choose the earliest schedule which is 6:40am because i think it is more faster and the employees arent tired dealing with applicants yet. So they will be nicer. 😊😊

Edited by dcpa55

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.