-Trinity-

Fired Over Giving Trump Middle Finger

24 posts in this topic

Despite getting fired, she said she has no regrets about the attention her public show of displeasure with Trump received. In fact, she said she’s happy to be an image of protest that resonates with many Americans.

“In some ways, I’m doing better than ever,” she said. “I’m angry about where our country is right now. I am appalled. This was an opportunity for me to say something.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-flips-off-donald-trump-fired_us_59fe0ab4e4b0c9652fffa484

She's prepared to live with the consequences and is looking to work for a group that wouldn't have an issue with her doing it again, so what's the problem? She doesn't seem to have a problem understanding actions have consequences, but had questioned whether a colleague's objectionable speech (using several words that are not anywhere nearing VJ TOS compliance) against liberals on Facebook, for which he had received a reprimand, was as damaging to the company brand as her actions. I would argue that her act was more damaging, simply because it was more likely to be seen by more people and to potentially bring the company into disrepute. 

Oh, and sorry about the drive-by posting in advance.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
32 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

"Despite getting fired, she said she has no regrets about the attention her public show of displeasure with Trump received. In fact, she said she’s happy to be an image of protest that resonates with many Americans.

“In some ways, I’m doing better than ever,” she said. “I’m angry about where our country is right now. I am appalled. This was an opportunity for me to say something.”

She's prepared to live with the consequences and is looking to work for a group that wouldn't have an issue with her doing it again, so what's the problem? She doesn't seem to have a problem understanding actions have consequences, but had questioned whether a colleague's objectionable speech (using several words that are not anywhere nearing VJ TOS compliance) against liberals on Facebook, for which he had received a reprimand, was as damaging to the company brand as her actions. I would argue that her act was more damaging, simply because it was more likely to be seen by more people and to potentially bring the company into disrepute. 

Per the article ... she'd been with the company 6 months and is now doing better than ever.

Sounds like she wasn't a good fit for the position.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does seem that she needs help, hopefully she gets the treatment she needs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, Beachlover said:

Actually I was, but I'm not working right now. So no and yes.

I'm not into social media even when I was working as a manager. But that doesn't matter, I know plenty high ranking managers who avoid social media to protect their privacy.

That's why I stopped posting political stuff on my FB and even less on my Linkedin. It really irks me that people treat Linkedin like it's FB when it's not. They don't know that people can see all of their activities on LinkedIn. Which a potential employer may or may not like. 

I am a middle manager working my way up so anything like that could hurt me in the future. So the key is to just not put it down on the internet.

2 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-flips-off-donald-trump-fired_us_59fe0ab4e4b0c9652fffa484

That's the thing as a Federal contractor or employee there are certain rules and regulations we have to adhere to, and she obviously didn't do that.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
53 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That's why I stopped posting political stuff on my FB and even less on my Linkedin. It really irks me that people treat Linkedin like it's FB when it's not. They don't know that people can see all of their activities on LinkedIn. Which a potential employer may or may not like. 

I am a middle manager working my way up so anything like that could hurt me in the future. So the key is to just not put it down on the internet.

Yeah, I just mentioned in a different topic that I got rid of my Facebook. My LinkedIn in basically just work related stuff.

I don't get it either why people put everything online. I once had to fire someone who was "smart" to call out sick and putting party pictures online on Facebook.

The other thing I noticed about that lady is, she only had 24 followers. I'm not familiar with Twitter, but I believe that's nothing. 

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Beachlover said:

Actually I was, but I'm not working right now. So no and yes.

I'm not into social media even when I was working as a manager. But that doesn't matter, I know plenty high ranking managers who avoid social media to protect their privacy.

I agree, I also avoid social media.  I use FB to keep up on family and friends, but never engage in political debate or political postings.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree, I also avoid social media.  I use FB to keep up on family and friends, but never engage in political debate or political postings.

I think most of us want to vent our opinions about life, events, politics etc. And there is nothing wrong doing that, thats the freedom of speech. The practical problem is once it's out there you don't have any control about how others take it or hijack it.   

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Beachlover said:

I think most of us want to vent our opinions about life, events, politics etc. And there is nothing wrong doing that, thats the freedom of speech. The practical problem is once it's out there you don't have any control about how others take it or hijack it.   

Definitely, this is why when I write something, I always read it at least twice before posting it and simply stay away from certain topics.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!