Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thugzaki3t

Receipt number Issue (split)

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi @CookieCat !

thanks again for having this very helpful thread, just one question. I submitted my package on 05/30/17 and Biometric done on 06/30/17, how long do I have to wait to hear from USCIS again? because I try to check my case status using receipt number on my biometric letter but it gave me an error like this. what should I do?

  • My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thugzaki3t said:

Hi @CookieCat !

thanks again for having this very helpful thread, just one question. I submitted my package on 05/30/17 and Biometric done on 06/30/17, how long do I have to wait to hear from USCIS again? because I try to check my case status using receipt number on my biometric letter but it gave me an error like this. what should I do?

  • My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Try the other one. There are two at the bottom of the letter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the other receipt just said On May 31, 2017, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number #, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 30, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thugzaki3t said:

the other receipt just said On May 31, 2017, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number #, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 30, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

No, not the other receipt. The other number. On your biometrics letter, there should be two different case numbers, both of which will start with EAC (if you filed at Vermont) or WAC (if you filed at California). One of them will be the same case number as the one on your first letter (the I-797, aka the NOA). That one won't work. The other one will work. But both of them are printed on your biometrics letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 9:03 PM, thugzaki3t said:

the other receipt just said On May 31, 2017, we received your Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status Received, Receipt Number #, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 30, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Oh, sorry. Yes, that's the right one. It will continue to say that until (in probably a little less than a year from now) it tells you that "your card is being produced," or "Your card has been mailed to you." Nothing else ever gets updated. So it's not much of a "status page," really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find my receipt letter.  Can someone type out what the "receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."  What actually is the description of how they will process the case?  and what are the instructions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Unknown Guest said:

I can't find my receipt letter.  Can someone type out what the "receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice."  What actually is the description of how they will process the case?  and what are the instructions?

I just google it. Here you go:

Extension-of-conditional-resident-status_2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×