KC & SC

RFE is bank statement really needed?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Good morning,

I am trying to gather paperworks to present to USCIS as they requested more evidence.

I know having joint account in bank can be very important proof that our marrige is in good shape.

However, if we print out statement from the time I joined my husband's account, the amount of

papers needed will be huge! I don't really want to print out everything.

Requirement for RFE is "Copies of bank statement that reflect joint/savings and /or checking

accounts to include the transaction pages for each bank statement period".

You think will it be ok not to provide banking information, but we will provide joint tax return

transcrips and copies of lease of apartments we lived in the past?

I can probably ask bank a document stating my name is on my husband's account. But

USCIS may not see as a proof.

:idea: KC

12 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

Good morning,

I am trying to gather paperworks to present to USCIS as they requested more evidence.

I know having joint account in bank can be very important proof that our marrige is in good shape.

However, if we print out statement from the time I joined my husband's account, the amount of

papers needed will be huge! I don't really want to print out everything.

Requirement for RFE is "Copies of bank statement that reflect joint/savings and /or checking

You think will it be ok not to provide banking information, but we will provide joint tax return

I can probably ask bank a document stating my name is on my husband's account. But

USCIS may not see as a proof.

Yes, you have to include all the pages on each statements for them not to think that you omitted anything. It is important that they will see your name and your spouse name on the statements and all the transactions that both of you contributed on all the expenses. They want to see the co-mingling assets and liabilities so bank statements are really big matter to them that's why they included on RFE that you need to send those statements.

Edited by Lemon23

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Timeline

Hmmm. Banking statement is not the only evidence we can submit. So I won't provide banking info.

But will provide tax returns and copies of apartment lease, and others.

I will still go to bank and ask what they can do. But last time we asked about statement, thy said they will charge

5 dollars per page. Online banking only shows the transaction from July 2016.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

IF they specifically asked for bank statements then you should provide all the bank statements you have.  You can send statement from July 2016 to Present. That will be 1.5 yrs of statements. 

4 minutes ago, dnp2014 said:

IF they specifically asked for bank statements then you should provide all the bank statements you have.  You can send statement from July 2016 to Present. That will be 1.5 yrs of statements. 

Yes it was instructed so the OP need to follow what ever the USCIS wants them to send. Now of course OP cannot provide if in case they dont have the paperwork that the USCIS want them to send so the best things to do is to make a letter explaining why they cannot provide the paperwork that USCIS asked them to send.

Edited by Lemon23

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

Timeline

Thank you.

In that case, I will print out what's available on my husband's online account.

and explain that printed out what's available from onlie account.

Timeline

Do you think it is ok not to submit banking statement? We submitted in original I-751, but came back saying not enough information.

I prefer not print out at home and pay bank a lot of money for past transaction.

We plant to re-submit joint tax return and apartment lease contracts reflecting the day we got married.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, KC & SC said:

If the RFE is specifically asking for the bank statements----send the bank statements.

Sending something else in it's place (when USCIS specifically requested something) may just lead to another RFE for the documents they required in the first place, and delay your case even longer.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

Do you think it is ok not to submit banking statement? We submitted in original I-751, but came back saying not enough information.

I prefer not print out at home and pay bank a lot of money for past transaction.

We plant to re-submit joint tax return and apartment lease contracts reflecting the day we got married.

Seriously its up to you if you want to drag this out and end up with an interview :D ...

For RFE you should submit whatever you have to prove bona fide marriage ..

I am so confused as to why you're so persistent that you would not submit bank statements. If the RFE requests for bank statements, then you need to provide the bank statements. If you use online banking, bank statements gets uploaded at the end of the month to your online account, just look for a printer somewhere and print them. you don't have to pay the bank to get them. You cannot resubmit what was not requested from you. 

i submitted my roc in like may 2016... i included every bank statement from jan 2013 (before I moved.)  Each one is about 9 pages.  If they want them, SEND THEM.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Just send the lot.

My pile of credit card and bank statements was about 12" high (double sided printing too).

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

I-751 Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

Timeline

Thanks! I will print out what I can and get the rest from bank. They will charge 5 dollars per month of transactoins....:huh:

Funny thing is that USCIS asked for a lot of evidence but they only sent me very small envelope. How am I supposed to shove everthing in. lol.

Edited by KC & SC

12 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

Thanks! I will print out what I can and get the rest from bank. They will charge 5 dollars per month of transactoins....:huh:

Funny thing is that USCIS asked for a lot of evidence but they only sent me very small envelope. How am I supposed to shove everthing in. lol.

I'd say send only relevant pages (for example pg 1-4).  A typical personal bank account usually doesn't have more than a couple of pages of transactions. Dont have to send irrelevant advertisements, notices, etc that accompany the statements. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

2 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

I'd say send only relevant pages (for example pg 1-4).  A typical personal bank account usually doesn't have more than a couple of pages of transactions. Dont have to send irrelevant advertisements, notices, etc that accompany the statements. 

I would say send all the pages so USCIS wont think that OP did not omitted any pages or falsify the statements.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.